MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > Motorcycle Racing Forum > World Superbike

World Superbike World Superbike Forum - WSBK Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
September 27th, 2013, 05:44 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
L8Braker's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Tar Heel State

Posts: 2,515
Likes: 34



I'll start the thread.





Should be interesting with the wild cards competing, doubt they'll be competitive, but fun to watch nonetheless.



L8Braker is offline  
 
September 27th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
gekko1ro's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2011
From: Romania

Posts: 460
Likes: 185

I Ride: suzuki sv 650, honda xl 350


race one is run saturday and race two sunday.
gekko1ro is offline  
September 27th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,726
Likes: 3980



I'm gonna miss this one, just impossible to make it, though it did cross my mind. It was for Wsbk that I started my uninterrupted run of traveling here. I doubt RL and Eslick will do anything spectacular. Suzuki suck balls basically the DucGP of Wsbk (oh shit, Pov is gonna correct me that its actually not a Ducati, haha). They should have Hayes out there given the AMA gifted the title to Herrin with those bullshit penalties.
Jumkie is offline  
September 27th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: Bay Area

Posts: 6



Apparently FP1 has Davies, Melandri, Hayden, and Eslick top four. If they keep it up, the races may be interesting.
thorn14 is offline  
September 27th, 2013, 12:30 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,726
Likes: 3980



Doubt it. These 4 have track knowlege. Was the advantage in FP1. Once the Suz start to show their disadvantages, things will change. FYI special Wsbk coverage in BeIN sport Direct TV ch. 620.








I'll be waiting for somebody to explain how the worthless AMA talent pool (honestly this is not our best) is lapping faster on lower spec bikes and tires. I know the Wsbk grid will improve, but keep in mind Wsbk has been within a few secs of GP on some tracks.





AMA


14744:AMA SBK FP1 Laguna.png]





WSBK


14745:WSBK FP1 Laguna.png]





Something tells me theres gonna be a few Dorna execs going, oops, maybe we shouldn't have used the AMA as a support series. Would have been interesting to see the DSB vs WSS.
Attached Thumbnails
WSBK - Round 12 - Laguna Seca - Spoilers-ama-sbk-fp1-laguna.png   WSBK - Round 12 - Laguna Seca - Spoilers-wsbk-fp1-laguna.png  
Jumkie is offline  
September 27th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
L8Braker's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Tar Heel State

Posts: 2,515
Likes: 34



Jum's would have been cool to see the WSS class there, Beaubier could have wild carded!!!!
L8Braker is offline  
September 27th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Joined: Sep 2013
From: Bay Area

Posts: 6



Well AMA kids got knocked to 9th/10th, but so far no one has topped Hayes time.
thorn14 is offline  
September 28th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,726
Likes: 3980

thorn14
Quote:
3618271380332925

Well AMA kids got knocked to 9th/10th, but so far no one has topped Hayes time.



As i said, that Suzuki spec bike is no match for the rest on the Wsbk grid. Leon Camier is no slouch, and hes never really been able to compete. Its basically the DucatiGP of Wsbk. (Oh crap, there I go again, Pov will surely correct me).



Wsbk riders have all improved dramatically. Looks like the Wsbk bike really is much better. I knew they would improve but honestly I didn't think it was a matter of a couple of secs. The pole time was close to a second off the GP pole earlier this year, Bradl 1'21.176.





GP over Wsbk was about 1.5 secs, Wsbk over AMA was about 1.6 secs.





WSBK

14746:WSBK Spole Laguna.png]



AMA

14747:AMA SBK Qual Laguna.png]
Attached Thumbnails
WSBK - Round 12 - Laguna Seca - Spoilers-wsbk-spole-laguna.png   WSBK - Round 12 - Laguna Seca - Spoilers-ama-sbk-qual-laguna.png  
Jumkie is offline  
September 28th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,376
Likes: 1575

Jumkie
Quote:
3618671380399169



As i said, that Suzuki spec bike is no match for the rest on the Wsbk grid. Leon Camier is no slouch, and hes never really been able to compete. Its basically the DucatiGP of Wsbk. (Oh crap, there I go again, Pov will surely correct me).



Wsbk riders have all improved dramatically. Looks like the Wsbk bike really is much better. I knew they would improve but honestly I didn't think it was a matter of a couple of secs. The pole time was close to a second off the GP pole earlier this year, Bradl 1'21.176.





GP over Wsbk was about 1.5 secs, Wsbk over AMA was about 1.6 secs.





WSBK
WSBK Spole Laguna.png



AMA
AMA SBK Qual Laguna.png

Yea, Hayes " M1" isnt quite WSBK spec after all huh. Dumbass!!
povol is offline  
September 28th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2007
From: Texas

Posts: 6,833
Likes: 76

Jumkie
Quote:
3618671380399169



As i said, that Suzuki spec bike is no match for the rest on the Wsbk grid. Leon Camier is no slouch, and hes never really been able to compete. Its basically the DucatiGP of Wsbk. (Oh crap, there I go again, Pov will surely correct me).



Wsbk riders have all improved dramatically. Looks like the Wsbk bike really is much better. I knew they would improve but honestly I didn't think it was a matter of a couple of secs. The pole time was close to a second off the GP pole earlier this year, Bradl 1'21.176.





GP over Wsbk was about 1.5 secs, Wsbk over AMA was about 1.6 secs.





WSBK
WSBK Spole Laguna.png



AMA
AMA SBK Qual Laguna.png




Jum, you're comparing Superpole 3 times, set with Pirelli qualifiers, to AMA qualifying times which are set with the standard Dunlop race tires in early-afternoon sessions. The AMA Qualifying 1 times were actually a bit lower b/c the session was later in the day than Quali 2.





Free practice times and race pace for WSBK was 1:23.5 or a bit more. Laguna is probably a favorable comparison, though.
mylexicon is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > Motorcycle Racing Forum > World Superbike

Tags
laguna, round, seca, spoilers, wsbk



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WSBK: 2014 Round 03 - Assen (SPOILERS) budoist World Superbike 0 April 24th, 2014 01:46 PM
WSBK: 2013 Round 14 - Jerez (SPOILERS) budoist World Superbike 12 October 30th, 2013 01:57 PM
WSBK: 2013 Round 09 - Silverstone (SPOILERS) budoist World Superbike 32 August 15th, 2013 12:16 PM
WSBK: 2013 Round 08 - Moscow (SPOILERS) budoist World Superbike 23 July 31st, 2013 11:33 PM
LAGUNA SECA GP 2013: RACE (Spoilers) Jumkie MotoGP 224 July 30th, 2013 11:01 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.