MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > Motorsports Forum > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Ride reports and pictures of your motorcycle riding adventures


Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
September 22nd, 2017, 04:18 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 8,503
Likes: 532

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Ah the road to Wollombi

Used to ride that every weekend, well before that corner got it's reputation thanks to the right had masturbation brigade.

The OPH around Mooney Creek was bad for on road leaf litter as well, had a few slides there but if you expect it, you can react better
Bad vid but its a bad bit of road ....

The "good" bit of Wollombi rd.
BarryMachine is offline  
 
September 22nd, 2017, 04:30 PM   #12
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,260
Likes: 1719

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Bad vid but its a bad bit of road ....

The "good" bit of Wollombi rd.


Have ridden to St Albans that way a few times on both road bikes (many years back on a Yamaha RX125, also done on an SRX250 and started once on a GS500 but turned back due to accident further down) and more recently a few times on vstroms.

Actually last time I rode it (around 7 years back now) heading from the Kulnura end we lost on of the guys off the edge on the early tight left, he just got in to hot but wiped enough speed off and finished a few yards down so we just dragged it all back up, restarted and off we went to the pub.
Gaz is offline  
September 22nd, 2017, 04:41 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 8,503
Likes: 532

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Have ridden to St Albans that way a few times on both road bikes (many years back on a Yamaha RX125, also done on an SRX250 and started once on a GS500 but turned back due to accident further down) and more recently a few times on vstroms.

Actually last time I rode it (around 7 years back now) heading from the Kulnura end we lost on of the guys off the edge on the early tight left, he just got in to hot but wiped enough speed off and finished a few yards down so we just dragged it all back up, restarted and off we went to the pub.
Tis a fun road ...... have done it on a road bike a few times, but its like steering a dinghy backwards in a fast shifting current

And the fairing all loosem up.

Most fun .... Husaberg 570

My place is right where it first begins to open up as paddocks at the valley floor.

Last edited by BarryMachine; September 22nd, 2017 at 04:44 PM.
BarryMachine is offline  
September 22nd, 2017, 05:39 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Canada

Posts: 111
Likes: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
... 99 times from 100 it has nothing to do with anything other than the masturbation hand.
They pull the clutch in?
MadMax is offline  
September 22nd, 2017, 06:21 PM   #15
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,260
Likes: 1719

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
They pull the clutch in?
Have actually seen a guy crash at a trackday because he (and these were his very words) 'got confused between the brake and clutch', and yes, he pulled the clutch in and tipped into a corner a little to fast (T2 Eastern Creek)
MadMax likes this.
Gaz is offline  
September 22nd, 2017, 06:22 PM   #16
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,260
Likes: 1719

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Tis a fun road ...... have done it on a road bike a few times, but its like steering a dinghy backwards in a fast shifting current

And the fairing all loosem up.

Most fun .... Husaberg 570

My place is right where it first begins to open up as paddocks at the valley floor.
Those flats are good, have to admit and a good relaxation after the drop off the hills, although have seen a few stories of bad experiences when wet (only rode it once and was muddy in places but found the grip ok)
Gaz is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > Motorsports Forum > Ride Reports

Tags
riders



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
riders kngadrok MotoGP 49 July 17th, 2008 11:05 AM
Riders of Today VS Riders of Yesterday cmk304 MotoGP 50 November 15th, 2006 11:07 AM
Riders get sat nav! BEN MotoGP 12 March 27th, 2006 03:39 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2017 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.