MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > Motorsports Forum > Ride Reports

Ride Reports Ride reports and pictures of your motorcycle riding adventures


Like Tree151Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
January 8th, 2018, 11:25 PM   #171
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,651
Likes: 2039

Then the new year dawned so more time was spent doing bike like things.







And the final ride for the holidays ........









Oh yeah, and WORK SUCKS

Last edited by Gaz; January 9th, 2018 at 12:48 AM.
Gaz is offline  
 
January 9th, 2018, 03:31 AM   #172
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,880
Likes: 1683

I Ride: your mom
Awesome pics gaz. I love seeing the world through the eyes of cyclists. It the best way to see it. Keep them coming guys.
Gaz likes this.
MdubSTYLIE is offline  
January 9th, 2018, 02:16 PM   #173
Senior Member
 
Motokitty's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2015
From: San Diego

Posts: 650
Likes: 574

I Ride: Mini rice rocket.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Then the new year dawned so more time was spent doing bike like things.







And the final ride for the holidays ........









Oh yeah, and WORK SUCKS
Looks like my kinda place.
Gaz likes this.
Motokitty is offline  
January 9th, 2018, 04:14 PM   #174
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,410
Likes: 418

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Then the new year dawned so more time was spent doing bike like things.







And the final ride for the holidays ........









Oh yeah, and WORK SUCKS
Beautiful! Where is this? Looks like NSW?
Gaz likes this.
RCV600RR is offline  
January 9th, 2018, 04:57 PM   #175
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,651
Likes: 2039

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
Beautiful! Where is this? Looks like NSW?
Yep mate.

- In order of those pics (as opposed to the other post)..

- Macquarie River on the Road between Trangie and warren (north side of the river)

- Willy Willy beside Collie - Trangie Road

- After Willy Willy but intersection of Pinedale and Burroway Roads, Burroway

- Intersection of Martindale and yarrawa roads out back of Denman

- Yarrawa Road near Bylong Valley Way (awesomely fun bike road with great corners, climbs and bumps)

- Bylong Valley Way after the goulburn river sweepers but before the first steep climb/drop



Previous page.

- Castlereagh Hwy (Dunedoo end). Actually stopped because the paddock beside the road was full of emus but by the time I got the camera they were around 400 yards away

- Collie Road - this is actually a well used road (not by major population standards) and yes, is that wide.

- Waterfall Road between Binnaway and Coolah

- Hill End, NSW (damn fine twisty roads in that area, highly recommended but must not get distracted by views)

- Mendooran Road - bad choice at the time as the pic does not show it but had been graded so there were sections of deep, loose dirt which is not good on relative road tyres.

- Godwins Lane (runs between Eumungerie Road and the Newell hwy)

- Drink is at Eumungerie Pub

- The sculpture which was one of many in the paddock that was decorated in Xmas gear was at Brocklehurst
RCV600RR likes this.
Gaz is offline  
January 9th, 2018, 05:21 PM   #176
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,651
Likes: 2039

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motokitty View Post
Looks like my kinda place.
To be honest Kitty, where I live I am a little blessed in that it is a long way from heavily populated areas that are on the coast over here.

I actually live in a small town (population less than 1000) that is 10 minutes from Dubbo (Population around 45000 in the entire region) but is farmland between the two towns.

Even if I lived in Dubbo, 5 minutes any way and you are in wide open farm country and if I head a little east I start into the mountains (by our standards, not Europe's), so this kind of country is literally all around and damn relaxing.
Gaz is offline  
January 9th, 2018, 08:19 PM   #177
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,371
Likes: 950

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
To be honest Kitty, where I live I am a little blessed in that it is a long way from heavily populated areas that are on the coast over here.

I actually live in a small town (population less than 1000) that is 10 minutes from Dubbo (Population around 45000 in the entire region) but is farmland between the two towns.

Even if I lived in Dubbo, 5 minutes any way and you are in wide open farm country and if I head a little east I start into the mountains (by our standards, not Europe's), so this kind of country is literally all around and damn relaxing.
Gaz. I did a road I have always missed the other day. Taree to Nowendoc along the Nowendoc river. Did it in a car. Id have to recommend it to any Adventurousbike type rider out there. Goes for say 100km up the valley then pulls up to the tabeland/plateau about 30km from Nowendoc. Then back via Nundle Crawley Timor .... lots of good dirt road. Plenty of campsites. I will do it on a dirt bike some day.







Gaz and gekko1ro like this.
BarryMachine is offline  
January 9th, 2018, 09:30 PM   #178
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,651
Likes: 2039

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Gaz. I did a road I have always missed the other day. Taree to Nowendoc along the Nowendoc river. Did it in a car. Id have to recommend it to any Adventurousbike type rider out there. Goes for say 100km up the valley then pulls up to the tabeland/plateau about 30km from Nowendoc. Then back via Nundle Crawley Timor .... lots of good dirt road. Plenty of campsites. I will do it on a dirt bike some day.








Thanks for that Baz.

I was actually planning on heading that way last week (maybe even same roads as I was headed through Nundle on the way back from Gloucester way after have headed there via Dungowan but in the end, had other things happen so missed it.

Mind you, planning holidays late March or April after Easter and thinking a few days there would be good fun
Gaz is offline  
January 11th, 2018, 02:22 PM   #179
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,410
Likes: 418

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Yep mate.

- In order of those pics (as opposed to the other post)..

- Macquarie River on the Road between Trangie and warren (north side of the river)

- Willy Willy beside Collie - Trangie Road

- After Willy Willy but intersection of Pinedale and Burroway Roads, Burroway

- Intersection of Martindale and yarrawa roads out back of Denman

- Yarrawa Road near Bylong Valley Way (awesomely fun bike road with great corners, climbs and bumps)

- Bylong Valley Way after the goulburn river sweepers but before the first steep climb/drop



Previous page.

- Castlereagh Hwy (Dunedoo end). Actually stopped because the paddock beside the road was full of emus but by the time I got the camera they were around 400 yards away

- Collie Road - this is actually a well used road (not by major population standards) and yes, is that wide.

- Waterfall Road between Binnaway and Coolah

- Hill End, NSW (damn fine twisty roads in that area, highly recommended but must not get distracted by views)

- Mendooran Road - bad choice at the time as the pic does not show it but had been graded so there were sections of deep, loose dirt which is not good on relative road tyres.

- Godwins Lane (runs between Eumungerie Road and the Newell hwy)

- Drink is at Eumungerie Pub

- The sculpture which was one of many in the paddock that was decorated in Xmas gear was at Brocklehurst
Thanks mate, hopefully one day we can ride these together!
Gaz likes this.
RCV600RR is offline  
January 15th, 2018, 03:17 PM   #180
Senior Member
 
JohnnyKnockdown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: unda cheese

Posts: 4,923
Likes: 1060

Really enjoyed that Gaz. Beautiful scenery.
The older I get, the more desirable Adventure bikes look.

If photographs were invented in the Aussie penal colony days, I think all of England would have been committing crimes to get out.
Gaz likes this.
JohnnyKnockdown is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > Motorsports Forum > Ride Reports

Tags
good, ride, weather



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Not a good ride today SackWack Ride Reports 11 August 4th, 2009 06:44 AM
weather worries.... katerina MotoGP 8 June 19th, 2007 07:13 AM
WET WEATHER RACING,, puresideways Motorsports 11 June 5th, 2007 05:54 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.