MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > Motorsports Forum > Motorsports

Motorsports Motorsports Racing Forum - For everything else motorsports


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
May 5th, 2010, 05:35 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,348
Likes: 939

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrabbiata1 View Post
We have already replied several times concerning 125's, which in the absence of engine braking and significant compression and as two strokes will not tend to slide on the downshift. For the thousandth time, Elias, Simon and Pasini all frequently slid 125's with the assistance of late heavy rear braking.


Getting there even closer!! everso slowly though



Here's another snippit for you:



I was given an RGV250 about 5 years ago, in race trim. No amount of downshifting would get the back to twitch on that unless you hit excess water/slime/oil etc. etc.

Several 4 stroke twins I have ridden often let loose without either any rear brake or downshift.



How do you explain that?
BarryMachine is online now  
 
May 5th, 2010, 05:38 AM   #62
 
Joined: Sep 2006

Posts: 22,701
Likes: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Getting there even closer!! everso slowly though



Here's another snippit for you:



I was given an RGV250 about 5 years ago, in race trim. No amount of downshifting would get the back to twitch on that unless you hit excess water/slime/oil etc. etc.

Several 4 stroke twins I have ridden often let loose without either any rear brake or downshift.



How do you explain that?
Puncture ? or the slide is all in your head !
chopperman is offline  
May 5th, 2010, 05:42 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,348
Likes: 939

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otis Driftwood View Post
Your arrogance knows no bounds does it,Barry?.......BTW come back at me with whatever you want chap,my opinion of you is set in stone now,its no skin of my back.


I'll tynot to lose too much sleep over it Otis



Get real man what are you on!! Arogance! well that'd be if I ever posted something as malignant and purile as your above post ......... whereby you seem to be suggesting that your thoughts on me, for disagreeing with Arab's assertions, should matter so much to me
BarryMachine is online now  
May 5th, 2010, 05:49 AM   #64
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,348
Likes: 939

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperman View Post
Puncture ? or the slide is all in your head !


Are you telling me that for all your bragging etc. about riding that you have never come into a corner and had the back come out without the use of rear brake and/or downshift Rog.? ......... never?
BarryMachine is online now  
May 5th, 2010, 07:05 AM   #65
 
Joined: Sep 2006

Posts: 22,701
Likes: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Are you telling me that for all your bragging etc. about riding that you have never come into a corner and had the back come out without the use of rear brake and/or downshift Rog.? ......... never?
wtf are you talking about ? You're the one who's been bullshitting / bragging about riding. Still not given us any info on your life long motorcycle teaching career have you.

You're like a stupid dog, you would rather be kicked than ignored. Your Pethetic
chopperman is offline  
May 5th, 2010, 08:44 AM   #66
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2005

Posts: 4,789
Likes: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
I'll tynot to lose too much sleep over it Otis



Get real man what are you on!! Arogance! well that'd be if I ever posted something as malignant and purile as your above post ......... whereby you seem to be suggesting that your thoughts on me, for disagreeing with Arab's assertions, should matter so much to me




Like I said chap.......
DRILL is offline  
May 5th, 2010, 01:03 PM   #67
Blue Smoker
 
Arrabbiata1's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: Out of Nowhere

Posts: 6,907
Likes: 2566

I Ride: The original
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Getting there even closer!! everso slowly though



Here's another snippit for you:



I was given an RGV250 about 5 years ago, in race trim. No amount of downshifting would get the back to twitch on that unless you hit excess water/slime/oil etc. etc.

Several 4 stroke twins I have ridden often let loose without either any rear brake or downshift.



How do you explain that?


You cannot back in a two stroke on the down shift due to the lack of engine braking. The slides produced by the likes of Elias and Simon were achieved by heavy controlled late braking from the rear - other than that, you rarely saw a 125's backing in - it is largely the preserve of four stroke motorcycle racing.



Anyway - here's the part of my post that you conveniently ignored because it suited you to do so. You posted a link to an article which gave a step by step account/guide to the process of backing a bike in and it clearly describes use of the downshift and the rear brake. How do you explain that? James Whitham confirmed the use of the back brake as a method of backing in - how do you explain that? You ignored my post below - how do you explain that?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrabbiata1 View Post
That's not particularly gracious in my book.



Why are you incapable of absorbing what other people write.? As Yamaka pointed out to you, I am not offering an instructional DVD, it's not a DVD on how to back a bike in. It was a section of commentary recorded off World Superbike Coverage at Valencia, in which journalist, instructor, former TT and BSB winner, WSBk, World Supersport, 500cc GP rider, and now British Eurosport pundit and commentator was pointing to Johnny Rea's use of the back brake in backing his bike in. It is quite simply a voice from within the racing world, with infinitely more experience than yourself confirming what I have said. So yeah, I think all things considered, I would take that as gospel. Rather than put such a small segment on a disc, I wondered whether as a race fan you'd be interested in current BSB coverage to fill up the remainder of the disc - which is why I PM'd you with my offer. If someone offered me a DVD with an AMA round on it or Aussie Superbikes I'd be straight in - and very grateful. Also as I explained to you, I don't need your contact details, I could've used a P.O. box number.



I'm sorry, I thought you were an avid race fan and were interested in motorcycle racing, it was a genuine gesture of goodwill, and an opportunity for you to watch some great racing - nothing more - re-read my original PM I sent to you. All you have done is scorned the suggestion and rudely spurned my offer.



For the record, I'll say again, sliding a bike using the downshift and the rear brake constitutes backing in, so anything else you have observed is not. Your own link that you posted explained this process - and then when I posted an extract from it concerning the downshift and the rear, you are so astoundingly dim that you dismissed that as one of my 'theories' despite the fact I'd copied and pasted it it from the very article that you'd provided as a link.
Arrabbiata1 is offline  
May 5th, 2010, 07:44 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,348
Likes: 939

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrabbiata1 View Post
You cannot back in a two stroke on the down shift due to the lack of engine braking. The slides produced by the likes of Elias and Simon were achieved by heavy controlled late braking from the rear - other than that, you rarely saw a 125's backing in - it is largely the preserve of four stroke motorcycle racing.


And you still assert its all due to rear brake and downshifting?



Wow you have come almost fully arse about!! Getting even closer now!



Any post now the "light" may come on ........ which it may have almost instantly had you got out there on a few bikes and gave it a go



I still maintain its worthless reading about it or watching it etc. etc. etc. as most accounts seem to treat it as though every corner is identical. Nonetheless there are a few common actions in "backing it in" and as you seem so close to realising, rear brake and downshifting are not that.



PS. my driveway is great for "backing it in" ATM, no downshift or any brake required just good old quagmire, only problem is its almost down at walking pace and the wheel ruts take the front elsewhere as well
BarryMachine is online now  
May 6th, 2010, 07:31 AM   #69
Blue Smoker
 
Arrabbiata1's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
From: Out of Nowhere

Posts: 6,907
Likes: 2566

I Ride: The original
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
And you still assert its all due to rear brake and downshifting?



Wow you have come almost fully arse about!! Getting even closer now!



Any post now the "light" may come on ........ which it may have almost instantly had you got out there on a few bikes and gave it a go



I still maintain its worthless reading about it or watching it etc. etc. etc. as most accounts seem to treat it as though every corner is identical. Nonetheless there are a few common actions in "backing it in" and as you seem so close to realising, rear brake and downshifting are not that.



PS. my driveway is great for "backing it in" ATM, no downshift or any brake required just good old quagmire, only problem is its almost down at walking pace and the wheel ruts take the front elsewhere as well
So you've still completely ignored my last post because it's convenient to do so.



Why have I come arse about? I reply to everything you post instead of conveniently ignoring it if it doesn't suit my argument.



YOU INSIST DOWNSHIFT AND REAR BRAKE ARE NOT FACTORS INVOLVED IN BACKING IN. YET THE ARTICLE YOU POSTED A LINK TO SAY'S THAT THEY ARE, YOU IMBECILE.



As I said, James Whitham asserts that the rear brake is involved. Who should we listen to? A former BSB and TT winner, and ex 500GP, WSBk, WSS rider, currently in the capacity of instructor journalist, commentator and pundit? or an anonymous senile bullshitting old fool on an internet forum who is too scared to even divulge an address when a genuine offer of some racing coverage comes his way?
Arrabbiata1 is offline  
May 6th, 2010, 07:30 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,348
Likes: 939

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrabbiata1 View Post
So you've still completely ignored my last post because it's convenient to do so.



Why have I come arse about? I reply to everything you post instead of conveniently ignoring it if it doesn't suit my argument.



YOU INSIST DOWNSHIFT AND REAR BRAKE ARE NOT FACTORS INVOLVED IN BACKING IN. YET THE ARTICLE YOU POSTED A LINK TO SAY'S THAT THEY ARE, YOU IMBECILE.



As I said, James Whitham asserts that the rear brake is involved. Who should we listen to? A former BSB and TT winner, and ex 500GP, WSBk, WSS rider, currently in the capacity of instructor journalist, commentator and pundit? or an anonymous senile bullshitting old fool on an internet forum who is too scared to even divulge an address when a genuine offer of some racing coverage comes his way?




Well for a start, if I were an "imbecile" as you put it ( which all my previous educational experiences would be in contrast to ), I strongly suggest that it would not be a very intelligent thing ( nor in any way decent ) to go calling me so. . Are you the type to go up to an intellectually disabled person and do so!!?? I hope not. You are merely battling the dificulty with the concept at hand with such comments. Lash out at me all you like it means bugger all to me



Now back to the topic at hand ......... how do you explain the situation where the bike backs in without the use of any rear brake and/or downshift?

Now though I know you earlier said you "backed your R1 in", then denied you even had an R1 , I assume that in order to have such a "voice/opinion" on the matter you would never voice such an opinion merely from reading articles in the mag.s or watching videos. SO you must at least have experienced several differing situations of backing the bike in. Are you telling me you have never had a bike back in on you without the use of rear brake and/or downshift? I find that very dificult to believe especially from one who is on here telling me how it is, when it is a very known phenomena to me, and yet you insist I am an imbecile And don't get me wrong I don't believe for one minute that none of your quoted riders know what I mean, or have never backed a bike in without rear brake or downshift. So stop barking up the "ignoring me" tree, I'm not ignoring you I am attempting to show you that you are wrong



The really sad thing is that its seeming very likely that in the time you have been doing all this reading, pub bitching, and internet bitching at me, I have probably been out there in numerous situations and even inadvertently backed several bikes in. I know you seem to want the "printed world" to fill you with all your life experiences, however I would say this is a very strong example of why such "printed/video" experience does not enable you of skills.



SO .....



I'll try another tact ......... perhaps, since you love reading about it, rather than "the doing of it", I can create a recipe for you to try it.



What bike DO you actually have available?
BarryMachine is online now  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > Motorsports Forum > Motorsports

Tags
backing, in or drifting



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Drifting in Slowmotion R1 SF Petrolheads 6 December 19th, 2008 12:19 PM
Backing Bradley Smith SteveB Motorsports 21 July 22nd, 2008 10:59 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.