MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree16Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
November 14th, 2021, 08:20 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Pomona NY

Posts: 10,578
Likes: 1984

I Ride: BMW F800R + 511-SMR + Husky 701sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havey View Post
Well the engine development has been on hold for the last two years, so I think they will all come out with more power.

With Remy and Raul in the KTM team next year, we will see if it is the bike or the riders, that KTM were having trouble with this year.
There seems to be a peak of development for any company, that gets harder to ascend whilst nearing the top, the last few inches of which produce decreasingly usable results that come at greater expense - until such time as someone breaks through by thinking out of the box. Ducati has for the last 10 years been the prime mover and shaker in that regard. Given how deep Red Bull's pockets are, I can see KTM going the same way. Red Bull has a will to win. Suzuki and Yamaha have always been conservative in their approach to innovation. Honda's been just spinning their wheels and leaning on Marquez for results.
Bern1 and PRS717 like this.
Keshav is offline  
 
November 14th, 2021, 11:05 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 11,402
Likes: 2559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
There seems to be a peak of development for any company, that gets harder to ascend whilst nearing the top, the last few inches of which produce decreasingly usable results that come at greater expense - until such time as someone breaks through by thinking out of the box. Ducati has for the last 10 years been the prime mover and shaker in that regard. Given how deep Red Bull's pockets are, I can see KTM going the same way. Red Bull has a will to win. Suzuki and Yamaha have always been conservative in their approach to innovation. Honda's been just spinning their wheels and leaning on Marquez for results.
I think Honda might try quite hard for next year with their withdrawal from F1 and the end of the engine freeze. I believe the new bike looked promising when MM tested it as well.

I think MM will win if his eye comes good ( he has said he will have surgery if his recovery is tardy) and he doesn’t injure himself further, the latter a rather large proviso on recent evidence. I am not sure he will have many more hurrahs left in him should he manage a 7th/9th though.
#22 and Bern1 like this.
michaelm is offline  
November 15th, 2021, 01:21 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2021
From: United States

Posts: 100
Likes: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by warthog1 View Post
Encouraged to see Jack make the tyres last and have speed at the end of the race.
Martin very impressive.
Pecco is favourite for next year at this point imo.

2022 is going to be great. It's going to be a long winter. Ducati have set themselves up quite nicely.
#22 and warthog1 like this.
PRS717 is offline  
November 15th, 2021, 01:40 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 11,402
Likes: 2559

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS717 View Post
2022 is going to be great. It's going to be a long winter. Ducati have set themselves up quite nicely.
You have to give it to Gigi, as well as to Ducati for picking Bagnaia and Martin at least. It was supposed to be impossible to make the bike handle, with a fundamentally flawed engine configuration/ characteristics.
Bern1 likes this.
michaelm is offline  
November 15th, 2021, 02:00 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2021
From: United States

Posts: 100
Likes: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
You have to give it to Gigi, as well as to Ducati for picking Bagnaia and Martin at least. It was supposed to be impossible to make the bike handle, with a fundamentally flawed engine configuration/ characteristics.
Stoner had an interesting take, basically saying he always tried to adapt to the bike rather than having the bike developed to suit his riding style. But yea, it sure looks as if Ducati hit the jackpot with Bagnaia and Martin. If Miller starts to be more consistent and if/when Bastianini gets his qualifying sorted out, they are going to dominate. Yamaha and Suzuki have work to do.
PRS717 is offline  
November 16th, 2021, 08:04 AM   #26
#22
Senior Member
 
#22's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: In Cider

Posts: 4,148
Likes: 1895

Agreed. I've said elsewhere that I believe unless Miller has a stellar season in 2022 then Martin will replace him at the factory team for 2023. Not a slight on Jack, but if Martin's upward trend continues it's a no brainer.

Ducati just scored a 1-2-3 on a track that is traditionally tough for them. I certainly hope the 22 Honda and Marquez are good enough to fight Pecco.
#22 is offline  
November 16th, 2021, 08:29 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2021
From: United States

Posts: 100
Likes: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by #22 View Post
Agreed. I've said elsewhere that I believe unless Miller has a stellar season in 2022 then Martin will replace him at the factory team for 2023. Not a slight on Jack, but if Martin's upward trend continues it's a no brainer.

Ducati just scored a 1-2-3 on a track that is traditionally tough for them. I certainly hope the 22 Honda and Marquez are good enough to fight Pecco.

As rookies I know it will take time for Remy and Raul to get up to speed so to speak, with the bigger bike but I'd love to see them in the mix for podiums as well. Rins has to stop binning it or his time with Suzuki will come to an end.
PRS717 is offline  
November 17th, 2021, 12:08 AM   #28
Junior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2020
From: Germany

Posts: 19
Likes: 6

Rins already binned it too often, for sure suzuki bites their arses that his contract is due only after another season. Mir is a good midpack rider who got lucky when all Stars were aligned for him but they know it's going to be a one Hit wonder. So if they being realistic they need to sack both riders end of 22
ApriliaRS250 is offline  
November 17th, 2021, 08:59 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: On the edge in California

Posts: 489
Likes: 207

I Ride: 1972 BMW R75/5 and 1989 Honda Hawk NT650GT
Picking premier class standouts from the junior class results is always a dicey and sometimes surprising endeavor. Who saw Fabio coming based on his Moto 2 results?

Seeing who flourishes with the big bikes is part of the fun of a new season.
Keshav and PRS717 like this.
Bern1 is offline  
November 17th, 2021, 10:18 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2021
From: United States

Posts: 100
Likes: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern1 View Post
Picking premier class standouts from the junior class results is always a dicey and sometimes surprising endeavor. Who saw Fabio coming based on his Moto 2 results?

Seeing who flourishes with the big bikes is part of the fun of a new season.
Indeed. Some guys flourish and some guys don't. According to the MotoGP podcast, Wayne Gardner says Remy has always been good on bigger bikes and will make the transition. We shall see. I really hope he and Raul both do well.
Furiosa likes this.
PRS717 is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
final, round, valencia



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 final testing - Valencia, Jerez Segfault MotoGP 30 November 24th, 2019 01:35 PM
Valencia Testing Final Results Mick D MotoGP 6 November 19th, 2015 11:16 AM
WSBK - Portimao - Final Round!! Bootsakah World Superbike 161 October 27th, 2009 04:30 PM
Valencia Round crazyc803 World Superbike 2 January 28th, 2009 09:43 AM
BSB Brands FInal Round rickyduck Motorsports 7 October 18th, 2007 11:57 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2022 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.