MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree147Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
October 3rd, 2021, 01:45 PM   #91
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 5,019
Likes: 1785

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS717 View Post
Bastiannini picks off Mir and Miller on the last lap for 6th. Looking forward to seeing him on a bike that's not 2 years old.
Thats a good bike. Its the bike Dovi beat Marc on numerous times, but I do agree.
MdubSTYLIE is offline  
 
October 3rd, 2021, 02:11 PM   #92
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2021
From: United States

Posts: 100
Likes: 43

Somehow I missed the pass where Mir contacted Miller and opened the door for Bastiannini. Miller was obviously upset and had some strong words for Mir.
PRS717 is offline  
October 3rd, 2021, 02:14 PM   #93
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 5,019
Likes: 1785

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS717 View Post
Somehow I missed the pass where Mir contacted Miller and opened the door for Bastiannini. Miller was obviously upset and had some strong words for Mir.
Why does that bring me back to the losail race? No love loss between those two.
MdubSTYLIE is offline  
October 3rd, 2021, 03:26 PM   #94
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Maitland way

Posts: 5,843
Likes: 2279

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS717 View Post
Bastiannini picks off Mir and Miller on the last lap for 6th. Looking forward to seeing him on a bike that's not 2 years old.

He had some help - Mir style (3rd time this season Mir has contacted Miller and for this one, he was demoted 1 position)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS717 View Post
Somehow I missed the pass where Mir contacted Miller and opened the door for Bastiannini. Miller was obviously upset and had some strong words for Mir.
https://streamable.com/7lissx
warthog1 likes this.
Gaz is offline  
October 3rd, 2021, 03:36 PM   #95
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 5,019
Likes: 1785

I Ride: your mom
Mir is garbage. He has no idea how to make proper passes. His whole idea that this is the only was the Suzuki can pass is ridiculous. If it is, thats his problem not the other riders. It doesn't excuse this behavior. I don't see Rins using his bike like a snow plow to pass people.
Gaz and greg328 like this.
MdubSTYLIE is offline  
October 3rd, 2021, 03:44 PM   #96
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Maitland way

Posts: 5,843
Likes: 2279

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
Mir is garbage. He has no idea how to make proper passes. His whole idea that this is the only was the Suzuki can pass is ridiculous. If it is, thats his problem not the other riders. It doesn't excuse this behavior. I don't see Rins using his bike like a snow plow to pass people.


The sane vid I posted with their 'discussion' - https://streamable.com/7lissx

All hypothetical but the line Mir took shows or could be seen to show intent to use Miller as a brake stop ............. although admittedly I am comparing the Suzuki to both the Ducati lines
MdubSTYLIE likes this.
Gaz is offline  
October 3rd, 2021, 03:50 PM   #97
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 5,019
Likes: 1785

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
The sane vid I posted with their 'discussion' - https://streamable.com/7lissx

All hypothetical but the line Mir took shows or could be seen to show intent to use Miller as a brake stop ............. although admittedly I am comparing the Suzuki to both the Ducati lines
With a double apex like that on the brakes Jack is committed to that line. There is no way that there is an opening there. 10 times out of 10 contact will be made attempting that move. That was completely unacceptable.

The proper way to attempt that move is to come in wider and try to hit the 2nd apex later with more speed blocking the drive down the straight.
Gaz likes this.
MdubSTYLIE is offline  
October 3rd, 2021, 03:54 PM   #98
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Maitland way

Posts: 5,843
Likes: 2279

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
With a double apex like that on the brakes Jack is committed to that line. There is no way that there is an opening there. 10 times out of 10 contact will be made attempting that move. That was completely unacceptable.

The proper way to attempt that move is to come in wider and try to hit the 2nd apex later with more speed blocking the drive down the straight.


Absolutely and as people are saying, 3 times now Mir has either hit Miller or done the divebomb and pushed Miller wide and it has always been Miller.

The commentators can blame it on the Suzuki but as you have said, Rins is not having the same issue so perhaps there is ego involved with Mir as defending champion or perhaps there is something more personal between these two, either way the stewards said 1 position (where they said 2 races in Moto3).

There is an inside pass and then there is using your opponent as a berm, this was a berm in much the same way Rossie did Gibernau, Marquez has a few times, Stoner did Flock of Seagulls etc. This was avoidable.
Mick D likes this.
Gaz is offline  
October 3rd, 2021, 03:59 PM   #99
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 5,019
Likes: 1785

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Absolutely and as people are saying, 3 times now Mir has either hit Miller or done the divebomb and pushed Miller wide and it has always been Miller.

The commentators can blame it on the Suzuki but as you have said, Rins is not having the same issue so perhaps there is ego involved with Mir as defending champion or perhaps there is something more personal between these two, either way the stewards said 1 position (where they said 2 races in Moto3).

There is an inside pass and then there is using your opponent as a berm, this was a berm in much the same way Rossie did Gibernau, Marquez has a few times, Stoner did Flock of Seagulls etc. This was avoidable.
Yup Rossi and Gibernau comes to mind. But that was still an out brake gone wrong. This was different. He hit the first apex squared up and punted Miller there was intent there as far as I can see. If not than Mir is dumb. He does this all the time. Not only to Miller but he got Marquez once like that this season also.
MdubSTYLIE is offline  
October 3rd, 2021, 04:14 PM   #100
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Maitland way

Posts: 5,843
Likes: 2279

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
Yup Rossi and Gibernau comes to mind. But that was still an out brake gone wrong. This was different. He hit the first apex squared up and punted Miller there was intent there as far as I can see. If not than Mir is dumb. He does this all the time. Not only to Miller but he got Marquez once like that this season also.
Yeah I agree on the Rossi/Gibbers and the others being a stuff up of out-braking potential but they were the closes I could come up with from memory (and all involved either rivalry - first 2, or red mist with Stoner who had a bad weekend) where Mir is consistent.
Gaz is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2021, americas, bull, cota, grand, prix, red



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2021 Grand Prix Deutschland / Sachsenring Keshav MotoGP 63 June 23rd, 2021 11:00 PM
2021 SHARK Grand Prix de France Keshav MotoGP 19 May 20th, 2021 11:27 PM
2019 Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas Keshav MotoGP 61 April 18th, 2019 12:58 PM
Round 3: Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas 2017 JPSLotus MotoGP 624 May 3rd, 2017 06:19 AM
Motogp: 2016 Round 3 Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas MdubSTYLIE MotoGP 508 April 22nd, 2016 12:47 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2022 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.