MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
September 21st, 2021, 10:26 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,504
Likes: 2719

2022 RC213V testing (Misano, Bradl)

JPSLotus is offline  
 
September 21st, 2021, 10:59 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Pomona NY

Posts: 10,578
Likes: 1984

I Ride: BMW F800R + 511-SMR + Husky 701sm
Great photo. What site is that from?
Keshav is online now  
September 21st, 2021, 11:50 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 1,107
Likes: 296

KTM copy Honda. Honda copy KYM.....
evo9 is offline  
September 21st, 2021, 12:04 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Pomona NY

Posts: 10,578
Likes: 1984

I Ride: BMW F800R + 511-SMR + Husky 701sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo9 View Post
KTM copy Honda. Honda copy KYM.....
How so?
Keshav is online now  
September 21st, 2021, 12:12 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 1,107
Likes: 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
How so?
Tail section exhaust pipe arrangement. Gap between back of front tire and front faring. Those are from the KTM RC16. The gap between the front wheel and the fairing KTM says aides with directional changes. There is an article over at motomatters on this from one of the KTM technician.
evo9 is offline  
September 21st, 2021, 12:18 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 5,019
Likes: 1785

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo9 View Post
KTM copy Honda. Honda copy KYM.....
The air intake of the yamaha the fairing of the ducati and the tail of ktm. Its a frankenbike.
SlartyBartFast likes this.
MdubSTYLIE is offline  
September 21st, 2021, 02:31 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Little Walter's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Stratosphere

Posts: 838
Likes: 388

I Ride: Whatever I can steal
And they both have two wheels!!! All joking aside, is this not the nature of prototype racing? One marque sees what works with the others, copies it and refines it. When one major company went to 17" wheels, everybody did. Literally everybody in this sport is using Yamaha's 1980s Delta Box Frame. They mostly all use Brembo brakes. Same electronics. etc. etc. etc. Honda has experimented with dozens of air intake designs to the point where few can honestly claim to remember each and every variation. Gone is the era of the '70s and '80s hand built bikes that were significantly more divergent.
Furiosa likes this.

Last edited by Little Walter; September 21st, 2021 at 02:34 PM.
Little Walter is offline  
September 21st, 2021, 07:51 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 11,402
Likes: 2559

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
And they both have two wheels!!! All joking aside, is this not the nature of prototype racing? One marque sees what works with the others, copies it and refines it. When one major company went to 17" wheels, everybody did. Literally everybody in this sport is using Yamaha's 1980s Delta Box Frame. They mostly all use Brembo brakes. Same electronics. etc. etc. etc. Honda has experimented with dozens of air intake designs to the point where few can honestly claim to remember each and every variation. Gone is the era of the '70s and '80s hand built bikes that were significantly more divergent.
Honda seem to have copied KTMís Red Bull badging as well.

Seems to be a fairly strong suggestion Honda have re-designed their engine for 2022 as many on here considered was necessary.
michaelm is offline  
September 22nd, 2021, 10:46 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 1,107
Likes: 296

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Honda seem to have copied KTMís Red Bull badging as well.

Seems to be a fairly strong suggestion Honda have re-designed their engine for 2022 as many on here considered was necessary.
That would be a Red Bull trade mark image. So not copy, used as required by Red Bull for sponsorship.
Keshav likes this.
evo9 is offline  
September 22nd, 2021, 11:09 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Little Walter's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Stratosphere

Posts: 838
Likes: 388

I Ride: Whatever I can steal
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo9 View Post
That would be a Red Bull trade mark image. So not copy, used as required by Red Bull for sponsorship.
Stands to reason, a sponsor that big gets to pick and choose placement of their logo. There is a good deal of similarity in placement of their logo on rider's helmets.
Little Walter is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2022, bradl, misano, rc213v, testing



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rossi to Petronas in 2022 Macca MotoGP 20 May 19th, 2020 04:14 AM
Bradl's Honda mario27 MotoGP 109 August 20th, 2013 08:35 AM
Bradl to Ducati? clarkjw MotoGP 6 July 19th, 2013 12:05 PM
Bradl getting more than his knee down skaface MotoGP 6 August 7th, 2012 10:24 AM
Misano Testing vale4607 MotoGP 1 September 4th, 2007 12:27 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2022 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.