MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree82Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
September 9th, 2021, 05:39 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Pomona NY

Posts: 10,527
Likes: 1942

I Ride: BMW F800R + 511-SMR + Husky 701sm
Last year was a typical event where, every decade or so, Suzuki gets a championship when everything falls into place. Last year Marquez wasn’t around much, and Fabs was floundering on the “improved” chassis. Not saying they won’t win a race this year, but I wouldn’t make any bets this year based on last year’s results. Yamaha, Ducati, Aprilia and KTM have all stepped up their game, while other than the lowering device, Suzuki seems about the same as last year. And after all his screw-ups this year, I expect Marquez is really determined to prove he hasn’t lost his mental prowess. At this point that seems to be what he needs to work on: his physical self, not so much. And this would be a good track for Marquez to prove himself at.
Keshav is online now  
 
September 9th, 2021, 06:08 AM   #22
Member
 
Joined: May 2021
From: United States

Posts: 40
Likes: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by #22 View Post
Suzuki win or lose races on Saturday. Now they have the rear holeshot device if they are on the front two rows they have a good chance at winning. However that seems to be a big IF.
Didn't they remove it for Silverstone? I know they are saying it's not really needed for that track but others have speculated the only reason to remove it is because it's not working correctly. Keith Huewen said that. I dunno, guess we'll see at Aragon.
Barbedwirebikerr likes this.
PRS717 is offline  
September 9th, 2021, 09:54 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 11,357
Likes: 2527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Last year was a typical event where, every decade or so, Suzuki gets a championship when everything falls into place. Last year Marquez wasn’t around much, and Fabs was floundering on the “improved” chassis. Not saying they won’t win a race this year, but I wouldn’t make any bets this year based on last year’s results. Yamaha, Ducati, Aprilia and KTM have all stepped up their game, while other than the lowering device, Suzuki seems about the same as last year. And after all his screw-ups this year, I expect Marquez is really determined to prove he hasn’t lost his mental prowess. At this point that seems to be what he needs to work on: his physical self, not so much. And this would be a good track for Marquez to prove himself at.
Sure, after the 4 early on in the modern era.

KRJR said something along those lines after his title, the other manufacturers improved their bikes for the following year while Suzuki did little or nothing. Their achievements are still impressive, other manufactures expend more resources, including Ducati who didn’t win a title in their second decade or so far in a 3rd decade.
michaelm is offline  
September 9th, 2021, 10:08 AM   #24
#22
Senior Member
 
#22's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2008
From: In Cider

Posts: 4,128
Likes: 1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Sure, after the 4 early on in the modern era.

KRJR said something along those lines after his title, the other manufacturers improved their bikes for the following year while Suzuki did little or nothing. Their achievements are still impressive, other manufactures expend more resources, including Ducati who didn’t win a title in their second decade or so far in a 3rd decade.
I loved the soupkast with him, the famous "If you're already pinned, you can't pin it more"
#22 is offline  
September 9th, 2021, 11:01 AM   #25
Member
 
Joined: May 2021
From: United States

Posts: 40
Likes: 17

Looks like Suzuki's ride-height device is back for Aragon.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/98...able-tyre-grip
Keshav and Mick D like this.
PRS717 is offline  
September 9th, 2021, 11:20 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Pomona NY

Posts: 10,527
Likes: 1942

I Ride: BMW F800R + 511-SMR + Husky 701sm
Good article. It's pretty clear the device is still in development.

The more I hear about the poor quality of Michelin race slicks, the less I'll be surprised when one of their tires has massive failure mid-race. Only a matter of time. It's a shame. Back in the '80s if you were a club racer or a full-on pro, Michelin slicks were the way to go.

Last edited by Keshav; September 9th, 2021 at 11:23 AM.
Keshav is online now  
September 9th, 2021, 12:03 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 1,092
Likes: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Good article. It's pretty clear the device is still in development.

The more I hear about the poor quality of Michelin race slicks, the less I'll be surprised when one of their tires has massive failure mid-race. Only a matter of time. It's a shame. Back in the '80s if you were a club racer or a full-on pro, Michelin slicks were the way to go.
Michelin Respond To Allegations Of Favoring Fabio Quartararo. Are they back to their old ways of SNS, but baking them a week in advance?

evo9 is offline  
September 9th, 2021, 12:28 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Pomona NY

Posts: 10,527
Likes: 1942

I Ride: BMW F800R + 511-SMR + Husky 701sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo9 View Post
Michelin Respond To Allegations Of Favoring Fabio Quartararo. Are they back to their old ways of SNS, but baking them a week in advance?

Most of his replies sound like generic PR softsoap stuff. But the fact of the tires being distributed by lottery, does pretty much discount that possibility. If Michelin were somehow specifically putting tailor made tires in the hands of Fabio’s crew, it sure wasn’t apparent last year. If they were making a tire that favored the Yamaha - there’s been no evidence of that in the results of the other Yamaha riders. This claim is reminiscent of Marquez’s last season in Moto 2 when a lot of people were sure that HRC were hooking him up with superior bike, with magical electronics or whatever, and of course it just turned out, he was winning because he’s so talented. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the people making this accusation were Spanish fans. Like, How dare a French guy possibly win a championship in a sport dominated by Spanish riders?
Keshav is online now  
September 9th, 2021, 07:51 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 11,357
Likes: 2527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Most of his replies sound like generic PR softsoap stuff. But the fact of the tires being distributed by lottery, does pretty much discount that possibility. If Michelin were somehow specifically putting tailor made tires in the hands of Fabio’s crew, it sure wasn’t apparent last year. If they were making a tire that favored the Yamaha - there’s been no evidence of that in the results of the other Yamaha riders. This claim is reminiscent of Marquez’s last season in Moto 2 when a lot of people were sure that HRC were hooking him up with superior bike, with magical electronics or whatever, and of course it just turned out, he was winning because he’s so talented. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if the people making this accusation were Spanish fans. Like, How dare a French guy possibly win a championship in a sport dominated by Spanish riders?
I think FQ is looking like the class of the field because he is the class of the field, and it will be interesting to see how even a fully recovered MM if this occurs will go against him.

I agree Michelin are not giving out dud tires selectively (they just give out dud tires non selectively), and Spanish fans may well see a motop title as their birthright given Spanish riders have won the last 9 titles as you say. It certainly wouldn't be unheard of for their tire development to favour an individual rider whether or not that rider was the best current rider though.
michaelm is offline  
September 9th, 2021, 08:17 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: On the edge in California

Posts: 438
Likes: 171

I Ride: 1972 BMW R75/5 and 1989 Honda Hawk NT650GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Fabio

Thanks, that was a blast to watch!
Bern1 is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2021, aragon, motorland, spain



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WSBK and WSS MotorLand Aragon Arrabbiata1 World Superbike 4 April 2nd, 2017 07:20 AM
Round 14: 2016 Gran Premio Movistar de Aragón: MotorLand Aragón JPSLotus MotoGP 374 October 1st, 2016 03:33 AM
Motorland Aragon baturro MotoGP Social 0 July 20th, 2011 06:51 AM
Aragon GP Motorland baturro MotoGP 0 September 7th, 2010 04:47 AM
Motorland Aragon GP baturro MotoGP 1 June 2nd, 2010 09:44 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2021 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.