MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree37Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
August 27th, 2021, 04:54 PM   #41
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Maitland way

Posts: 5,804
Likes: 2212

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
I was thinking similar on this, and wouldn't be surprised if he pulled out a win. If the rain never dropped in Austria, I'm sure he would have won that race given how well he managed the soft tire until the bike change.

The thing that's going to be interesting to see for me anyway, is how he gets the RCV through Maggots/Becketts/Chapel because I'm expecting FQ to be blazing through there on the M1. If he carries a lot of corner speed coming out of Chapel, and gets good drive, he's going to be very tough to beat down the Hangar Straight into Stowe since that M1 is going to carry a shitload of speed through Stowe.

Either way, it should be a cracking race no matter who wins.


Aged well - well predicted

https://streamable.com/y05iu7




And Fabio's later in the day - lucky that foot did not get caught
https://streamable.com/egxsac
Gaz is offline  
 
August 27th, 2021, 04:56 PM   #42
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Maitland way

Posts: 5,804
Likes: 2212

And now Aleix providing some comedy



Source and translation from elsewhere

https://es.motorsport.com/motogp/new...otogp/6654883/

Silverstone.- The Spaniard was one of the main drivers of the signing of Viñales , who next week will get on the RS-GP for the first time, in the two test days that will take place in Misano . Since joining Aprilia in 2017, Espargaró has always served as the reference rider at the Noale factory. Runners such as Scott Redding (2018) or Andrea Iannone (2019) passed by his side , before the Italian constructor opted for an emergency solution and resorted to Bradley Smith and Lorenzo Savadori (2020) after the blow caused by the ratification of the disqualification of Iannone. Espargaró was always faster than all of them, a circumstance that has meant that, so far, all the weight of the development of the bike has fallen on him. Asked if the imminent arrival of Viñales will allow to see the real measure of his category on a motorcycle, the eldest of the brothers from Granollers (Barcelona) said that he does not need to measure himself to anyone to demonstrate his quality, although he can help who still do not consider him one of the main stars of the grill. “I am convinced that I am one of the three best MotoGP riders . I don't need to have Valentino Rossi as a partner to show how good I am; I am convinced of it ”, Espargaró agreed , this Friday, from Silverstone, where he finished with the seventh best time of the day, a position that provisionally places him in the group that would go directly to the second screen of the timed (Q2). "I am sure that I will be able to ride faster than Viñales , and surely it will be very good for Maverick to arrive to convince those who still do not see it clearly of my level," added # 41 , who believes that on this track he is capable. to qualify for the podium on Sunday.
Gaz is offline  
August 27th, 2021, 05:01 PM   #43
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,986
Likes: 1746

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
And now Aleix providing some comedy



Source and translation from elsewhere

https://es.motorsport.com/motogp/new...otogp/6654883/

Silverstone.- The Spaniard was one of the main drivers of the signing of Viñales , who next week will get on the RS-GP for the first time, in the two test days that will take place in Misano . Since joining Aprilia in 2017, Espargaró has always served as the reference rider at the Noale factory. Runners such as Scott Redding (2018) or Andrea Iannone (2019) passed by his side , before the Italian constructor opted for an emergency solution and resorted to Bradley Smith and Lorenzo Savadori (2020) after the blow caused by the ratification of the disqualification of Iannone. Espargaró was always faster than all of them, a circumstance that has meant that, so far, all the weight of the development of the bike has fallen on him. Asked if the imminent arrival of Viñales will allow to see the real measure of his category on a motorcycle, the eldest of the brothers from Granollers (Barcelona) said that he does not need to measure himself to anyone to demonstrate his quality, although he can help who still do not consider him one of the main stars of the grill. “I am convinced that I am one of the three best MotoGP riders . I don't need to have Valentino Rossi as a partner to show how good I am; I am convinced of it ”, Espargaró agreed , this Friday, from Silverstone, where he finished with the seventh best time of the day, a position that provisionally places him in the group that would go directly to the second screen of the timed (Q2). "I am sure that I will be able to ride faster than Viñales , and surely it will be very good for Maverick to arrive to convince those who still do not see it clearly of my level," added # 41 , who believes that on this track he is capable. to qualify for the podium on Sunday.

Haha this is great. Aliex number one fan has always been aliex. Someone give him a participation trophy asap. He got angry at his brother during fp2 for cruising on the race line. I'm sure he thought he had the fastest time of the day if not for Pol.
MdubSTYLIE is online now  
August 27th, 2021, 05:09 PM   #44
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Maitland way

Posts: 5,804
Likes: 2212

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
Haha this is great. Aliex number one fan has always been aliex. Someone give him a participation trophy asap. He got angry at his brother during fp2 for cruising on the race line. I'm sure he thought he had the fastest time of the day if not for Pol.
Had a feeling you would like that one ...............
Gaz is offline  
August 27th, 2021, 05:11 PM   #45
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,986
Likes: 1746

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Had a feeling you would like that one ...............
According to Aliex the top 3 riders are

1. Aleix
2. Fabio
3. Albert Tatlock
Gaz and Keshav like this.
MdubSTYLIE is online now  
August 27th, 2021, 05:14 PM   #46
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Maitland way

Posts: 5,804
Likes: 2212

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
According to Aliex the top 3 riders are

1. Aleix
2. Fabio
3. Albert Tatlock


Well he is not Max Biaggi

1. Max Biaggi
2. Max Biaggi
3. Max Biaggi
MdubSTYLIE likes this.
Gaz is offline  
August 27th, 2021, 05:16 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,986
Likes: 1746

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Well he is not Max Biaggi

1. Max Biaggi
2. Max Biaggi
3. Max Biaggi
I mean you have to have this kind of confidence to ride a bike like they do. I feel like Cal said things like Aleix did often.
MdubSTYLIE is online now  
August 27th, 2021, 05:59 PM   #48
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Maitland way

Posts: 5,804
Likes: 2212

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
I mean you have to have this kind of confidence to ride a bike like they do. I feel like Cal said things like Aleix did often.
Confidence is everything and yes really top flight athletes need it.

I also recall Cal saying similar but he also would often be quite self-deprecating when comparing himself (I recall comments regards a number of riders he affectionally called freaks or aliens) which showed that his comments claiming he was a top 3 were tongue in cheek type.

Aleix, does not and has not come across this way when he makes the statements, and likewise has less of a resume to claim it than does Crutchlow or many others
Gaz is offline  
August 27th, 2021, 06:22 PM   #49
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 11,357
Likes: 2527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock View Post
But he didn’t win. He crashed...again
The what if game is pointless
But it has been forever thus with him. Mick Doohan having a down year in 1993 didn’t stop him from dominating in 1994 and for 4 years after that.

He looks to me to have regained most of his strength and fitness in regard to the humeral fracture at least, and I would put him physically now from that point of view at better than Mick ever was with his leg after his injury.

Mick was the closest parallel I have seen to MM in terms of ruthlessness and will to totally dominate, but perhaps possessed a little more circumspection, and I don’t recall him pushing quite so hard on the 500 Honda in 1993. I can sill see MM going back to dominating next year (although not FQ in every race which is pretty much what caused his injury), as Mick did if they can improve the bike a little, but having massive highsides like the one he had a few races back is not sustainable of course which I imagine is your point. He would seem to have fairly conclusively proven the total healing of his humeral fracture at least.

I am very definitely of the opinion that putting Puig in charge of the factory team was a major miscalculation by Honda, he was great at developing young riders but that is about it imo, he was bad as Danny Pedrosa’s manager and sacking Dani as close to his first move probably to pay off an old score was a mistake; you, I and everyone else think HRC would be better off with him testing for them rather than elsewhere. I still don’t disagree with what Puig said before the most recent previous race, that Marc is back to being physically capable of doing Marc things, which I considered his performance in the dry in that race to validate.

(EDIT Just saw the latest crash for the first time. Crashing like that repetitively is not sustainable either obviously, but it seems to have been a cold tyre issue and I can’t see him saving that at any point in his career. I share the general opinion of the Michelins of course).

Last edited by michaelm; August 28th, 2021 at 05:05 AM.
michaelm is offline  
August 28th, 2021, 05:03 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,490
Likes: 2699

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Aged well - well predicted

https://streamable.com/y05iu7




And Fabio's later in the day - lucky that foot did not get caught
https://streamable.com/egxsac
As I say even a broken clock is right twice a day. 🤣

I got lucky on that prediction.
Gaz and Keshav like this.
JPSLotus is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2021, british, grand, prix, silverstone



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2021 Grand Prix Deutschland / Sachsenring Keshav MotoGP 63 June 23rd, 2021 10:00 PM
2021 SHARK Grand Prix de France Keshav MotoGP 19 May 20th, 2021 10:27 PM
Go-Pro British Grand Prix - Silverstone 2018 Predictions & Race Chat Keshav MotoGP 85 August 30th, 2018 10:01 PM
MotoGP: 2016 Round 12 - Octo British Grand Prix Silverstone Circuit UK (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 285 September 10th, 2016 11:43 PM
British Grand Prix to run at Silverstone Hollywood MotoGP 1 March 9th, 2015 03:04 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2021 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.