MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree37Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
August 27th, 2021, 08:28 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,986
Likes: 1746

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I think they need to re-design the engine which originated when they had bespoke electronics to tame it. I also donít think think he has been fully recovered physically, and may have lost a slight edge due to no longer believing he is completely invincible and indestructible after the injury saga.

I think he would scare the field rather than himself on a Ducati or Suzuki, or maybe even on a KTM. I am not so sure he would dominate FQ on a Yamaha though, I tend to believe FQ extracts most of that bikeís potential.

Even on a Honda if he wins another race or two in the remainder of the season he is not far from where Mick Doohan was in the season after the leg injury.
He still rides like he is invincible or indestructible. I think the day he doesn't will be the day he retires. I'd love to see him on the same bike as FQ or any other bike for that matter. I think he'd have finished most races if not all if he was.
MdubSTYLIE is online now  
 
August 27th, 2021, 09:29 AM   #32
Banned Camp
 
Albert Tatlock's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Telly

Posts: 178
Likes: 40

I Ride: Half a stout
Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
I think all the honda riders crash when they push. It reminds of ducati a couple years back. I'm not ready to say he lost his edge but rather the bike has lost something. I'm just glad to see it hasn't stopped him from being Marc. He is going to find the edge or crash trying that has always been his style. He has always crashed a lot but not this much and I don't think it his him.
Lol.
Yes but they have always crashed when pushed.
The argument can be made, that the other three Honda riders are talented, but not enough for the GP class
Albert Tatlock is offline  
August 27th, 2021, 09:47 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,986
Likes: 1746

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock View Post
Lol.
Yes but they have always crashed when pushed.
The argument can be made, that the other three Honda riders are talented, but not enough for the GP class
Pol had better results on ktm. Taka his always been prone to crash but until this year ran a good pace most races. Mini-marq who knows. They need a vet, someone they can get data from to build off of. They blew it letting Dani sign with KTM. They blew it with Jorge. They just assumed no matter what pile of shit they lined up with marc would win on it.
MdubSTYLIE is online now  
August 27th, 2021, 11:13 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2019
From: Wales, UK

Posts: 399
Likes: 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
Pol had better results on ktm. Taka his always been prone to crash but until this year ran a good pace most races. Mini-marq who knows. They need a vet, someone they can get data from to build off of. They blew it letting Dani sign with KTM. They blew it with Jorge. They just assumed no matter what pile of shit they lined up with marc would win on it.
Amazingly, he has already won on the thing and seemed to be on the way to pulling it off again last race before the weather threw things up in the air a bit.
misfit is online now  
August 27th, 2021, 11:46 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,986
Likes: 1746

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Amazingly, he has already won on the thing and seemed to be on the way to pulling it off again last race before the weather threw things up in the air a bit.
Which is why I think he still has it. He has over performed every race compared to where he qualifies. His immaculate saves are a product of two things. First, and foremost him. Second, having a fraction of a second from when they bike starts to let go to save it. This year the bike seems less predictable not giving him time to save it. All four riders have had lots of quick front end losses numerous times this season. He needs a slightly better bike to save it IMO. The rain crash was on him. Even he admitted that. He said the track was damp in some places and dry in others but when he got to corner 1 its was really wet and he misjudge it. You can see the 4 riders behind him also blew the first corner they just didnt bin it. Had he not done that he would have finished on the podium.
MdubSTYLIE is online now  
August 27th, 2021, 01:20 PM   #36
Banned Camp
 
Albert Tatlock's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Telly

Posts: 178
Likes: 40

I Ride: Half a stout
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Amazingly, he has already won on the thing and seemed to be on the way to pulling it off again last race before the weather threw things up in the air a bit.
But he didnít win. He crashed...again
The what if game is pointless
Albert Tatlock is offline  
August 27th, 2021, 04:31 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: On the edge in California

Posts: 438
Likes: 171

I Ride: 1972 BMW R75/5 and 1989 Honda Hawk NT650GT
Iíll be looking for a measured performance from Fabio and heroics from the people who are not in the championship hunt. Miller and Mir will want to impress, along with Bags and every KTM rider
Bern1 is offline  
August 27th, 2021, 04:47 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: On the edge in California

Posts: 438
Likes: 171

I Ride: 1972 BMW R75/5 and 1989 Honda Hawk NT650GT
Regarding Honda, I will bet the brass is looking beyond MotoGP.

How are motorcycle sales these days?
Bern1 is offline  
August 27th, 2021, 04:51 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: On the edge in California

Posts: 438
Likes: 171

I Ride: 1972 BMW R75/5 and 1989 Honda Hawk NT650GT
I’m actually wondering what the motorcycle sales volume is compared to cars for Honda. They are pulling out of F1. Are motos next?
Bern1 is offline  
August 27th, 2021, 04:52 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 11,357
Likes: 2527

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
Which is why I think he still has it. He has over performed every race compared to where he qualifies. His immaculate saves are a product of two things. First, and foremost him. Second, having a fraction of a second from when they bike starts to let go to save it. This year the bike seems less predictable not giving him time to save it. All four riders have had lots of quick front end losses numerous times this season. He needs a slightly better bike to save it IMO. The rain crash was on him. Even he admitted that. He said the track was damp in some places and dry in others but when he got to corner 1 its was really wet and he misjudge it. You can see the 4 riders behind him also blew the first corner they just didnt bin it. Had he not done that he would have finished on the podium.
I think he was going to win or at least finish second. in the dry in the last race. It was an error of judgement that he crashed in the wet, but he was riding to win that race rather than for the highest position possible. Not being in contention is actually a problem for him in individual races, even in his most dominant title years he has been prone to crashing once the title is decided, and on the current bike win it or bin it is usually bin it.
MdubSTYLIE likes this.
michaelm is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2021, british, grand, prix, silverstone



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2021 Grand Prix Deutschland / Sachsenring Keshav MotoGP 63 June 23rd, 2021 10:00 PM
2021 SHARK Grand Prix de France Keshav MotoGP 19 May 20th, 2021 10:27 PM
Go-Pro British Grand Prix - Silverstone 2018 Predictions & Race Chat Keshav MotoGP 85 August 30th, 2018 10:01 PM
MotoGP: 2016 Round 12 - Octo British Grand Prix Silverstone Circuit UK (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 285 September 10th, 2016 11:43 PM
British Grand Prix to run at Silverstone Hollywood MotoGP 1 March 9th, 2015 03:04 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2021 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.