MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree16Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
August 20th, 2021, 11:36 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 1,092
Likes: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
So what are the chances Aprilia gives him a wild card before the end of the season?
Very good. https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...ason-/6651171/
greg328 and misfit like this.
evo9 is offline  
 
August 21st, 2021, 05:43 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
warthog1's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2020
From: Bendigo Vic

Posts: 200
Likes: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
It wouldn’t surprise me if Yamaha has a clause to prevent that, even post-dismissal, something they could at their discretion choose to overlook as a good will gesture to a competing team.
Now that Yamaha have told him to far cough, do we know if he is prevented from riding the Aprilia before the end of the year?
Is the contract now terminated and invalid or is it possible he is still prevented from doing so?
I haven't been able to find anything. Wondering if someone else may have?
greg328 likes this.

Last edited by warthog1; August 21st, 2021 at 05:45 PM.
warthog1 is offline  
August 21st, 2021, 08:10 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Barbedwirebikerr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: FNQ

Posts: 1,022
Likes: 785

I Ride: WR450
Quote:
Originally Posted by warthog1 View Post
Now that Yamaha have told him to far cough, do we know if he is prevented from riding the Aprilia before the end of the year?
Is the contract now terminated and invalid or is it possible he is still prevented from doing so?
I haven't been able to find anything. Wondering if someone else may have?

This from Lin Jarvis suggests he's a free man to do as he pleases.

“Vinales has already signed with theAprilia for next season.

“Unfortunately, the race did not end well at the Styrian GP,” he says Lin Jarvis, director of Yamaha, according to which “the early separation will allow the rider to be free to follow his future path and the team to concentrate its efforts on the remaining races of the 2021 season with another rider, yet to be determined”.
Keshav, greg328 and warthog1 like this.
Barbedwirebikerr is offline  
August 21st, 2021, 08:55 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 11,357
Likes: 2527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedwirebikerr View Post
This from Lin Jarvis suggests he's a free man to do as he pleases.

“Vinales has already signed with theAprilia for next season.

“Unfortunately, the race did not end well at the Styrian GP,” he says Lin Jarvis, director of Yamaha, according to which “the early separation will allow the rider to be free to follow his future path and the team to concentrate its efforts on the remaining races of the 2021 season with another rider, yet to be determined”.
However stupid and wrong what MV did was, this sounds like code for what someone after donning their tinfoil actually said, we don't want any Yamaha rider to be in a position to take points away from FQ. Fair enough I guess if MV over whom they had little or no leverage wasn't going to take directions to aid FQ. So much for the manufacturers title being as important to the Japanese factories as the riders' title though.
misfit likes this.
michaelm is offline  
August 23rd, 2021, 03:23 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2019
From: Barcelona

Posts: 182
Likes: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Yes. This is why I think he’s likely not being paid.
Same, suspended from work and Pay until further notice is what i would think they are doing.
320Dave is offline  
August 23rd, 2021, 03:42 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
MigsAngel's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: UK

Posts: 2,704
Likes: 309

I Ride: 675...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 320Dave View Post
Same, suspended from work and Pay until further notice is what i would think they are doing.
Well they've fired him now...
MigsAngel is offline  
August 23rd, 2021, 05:23 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2019
From: Barcelona

Posts: 182
Likes: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigsAngel View Post
Well they've fired him now...
Wow what? Really?
320Dave is offline  
August 23rd, 2021, 05:24 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2019
From: Barcelona

Posts: 182
Likes: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigsAngel View Post
Well they've fired him now...
Shit yeah really, i missed the last few posts.
Thanks,
320Dave is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
british, remains, suspended, vinales



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vinales Suspended By Yamaha For Red Bull Ring 2 Macca MotoGP 52 August 14th, 2021 07:17 PM
Vinales who? Holypuck MotoGP 48 January 22nd, 2019 07:44 AM
Vinales or Rins povol MotoGP 7 April 11th, 2016 11:37 AM
Herrin Suspended mylexicon World Superbike 6 May 4th, 2011 10:38 AM
British MotoGP:Sunday’s British 250GP Pigeon MotoGP 8 July 27th, 2009 02:41 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2021 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.