MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
August 15th, 2021, 04:59 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,986
Likes: 1746

I Ride: your mom
Great race slightly ruined by rain, but I cant say it was ruined because of the giant smile on my face. Brad Binder has a giant set of balls. Wow. That was fantastic. Martin and Bagboy also. Bravo. Martin is the real deal.
Mick D likes this.
MdubSTYLIE is online now  
 
August 15th, 2021, 05:06 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Pomona NY

Posts: 10,527
Likes: 1942

I Ride: BMW F800R + 511-SMR + Husky 701sm
Great race all 'round. Hate the stupid rain tho. Looked like either Marc or Fabs could have pulled off a win despite it being a Ducati track. Lots of passing and good tactics from the top riders. Good for Binder. Fabs rode smart tho and has a great lead. Kind of almost felt bad that Rossi didn't get one last podium.
Mick D likes this.
Keshav is offline  
August 15th, 2021, 05:26 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 11,357
Likes: 2527

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Great race all 'round. Hate the stupid rain tho. Looked like either Marc or Fabs could have pulled off a win despite it being a Ducati track. Lots of passing and good tactics from the top riders. Good for Binder. Fabs rode smart tho and has a great lead. Kind of almost felt bad that Rossi didn't get one last podium.
Sure, wouldn't have begrudged him a 200th podium. Would quite likely have done what Binder did when he was 26 himself.
Keshav likes this.
michaelm is offline  
August 15th, 2021, 05:45 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,508
Likes: 1055

I Ride: Many
After watching Binder in the last few laps I thought how good would it be to have say a 5 lap race on ice on slicks!

Held in Australias Antarctic territory ... no covid lockdowns there.
BarryMachine is offline  
August 15th, 2021, 05:51 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2019
From: Wales, UK

Posts: 399
Likes: 227

I enjoyed every lap of that race.
Fantastic win there by Binder. I'm not usually a fan of winning through changing conditions and taking the gamble as it were. However, in this case, hats off the Binder since he took a chance and had to seriously work for it to pay off.
Great on Bagnaia to make it to second and Martin 3rd. I'm sure Bagnaia will have his race win soon. The personality differences between Bagnaia and Martin are striking, with Pecko so quiet and Martin so energetic.
Fabs the man.... what a mature racer he has become. Pity that he finished 7th.
While Rossi was in 3rd, it was clear that it wouldn't last.
M Marquez was amazing to watch. He provided most of the entertainment.
michaelm and Keshav like this.
misfit is online now  
August 15th, 2021, 11:50 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Joined: Dec 2020
From: Germany

Posts: 17
Likes: 5

Rossi celebrates Podiums like victories nowadays. And 8th places like Podiums. As by far the most experienced rider in the field and probably his last good Chance to fetch the 200nd Podium I would of expected him to rather crash than getting passed by the other riders on slicks. Clearly a Situation where experience outperforms youth and the perfect Chance to shine one last time. I defo not seing him even getting another top10 after this. He lost his mojo, even when all Stars are alinged for him

I think FQ got the championship in his hands now with zarco loosing out significant points on him on a ducati favoured track. You cant win the crown without winning, even one Hit wonder Mir managed to get on the top step once somehow.

Would have loved to see marquez on the Podium today. How many secondsWas pecco off from Binder and pulling of a Ralf Waldmann?

Last edited by ApriliaRS250; August 15th, 2021 at 12:03 PM.
ApriliaRS250 is offline  
August 15th, 2021, 01:34 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,986
Likes: 1746

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApriliaRS250 View Post
Rossi celebrates Podiums like victories nowadays. And 8th places like Podiums. As by far the most experienced rider in the field and probably his last good Chance to fetch the 200nd Podium I would of expected him to rather crash than getting passed by the other riders on slicks. Clearly a Situation where experience outperforms youth and the perfect Chance to shine one last time. I defo not seing him even getting another top10 after this. He lost his mojo, even when all Stars are alinged for him

I think FQ got the championship in his hands now with zarco loosing out significant points on him on a ducati favoured track. You cant win the crown without winning, even one Hit wonder Mir managed to get on the top step once somehow.

Would have loved to see marquez on the Podium today. How many secondsWas pecco off from Binder and pulling of a Ralf Waldmann?
Almost 13 seconds. It might have been a better idea to stay out. Had Marc not gone in to change I wonder if any of them would have. Brad made the best decision. Ballsy but that was one lap to late to pit.
MdubSTYLIE is online now  
August 15th, 2021, 02:09 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 11,357
Likes: 2527

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
Almost 13 seconds. It might have been a better idea to stay out. Had Marc not gone in to change I wonder if any of them would have. Brad made the best decision. Ballsy but that was one lap to late to pit.
He would likely have won had he stayed out given Binder did win and he had a lead on him. Whether his usual superiority in mixed conditions would have applied in his current physical condition is another question though. You can do nothing but praise Binder for what he did manage to do however, and having bigger balls than MM is a fair sort of accolade. I loved how most people who were interviewed just straight out said what huge balls Binder had.

I presume Miller had some kind of issue because he probably did make the change at the right time and is usually good in wet or mixed conditions, not that he was having/has had a great weekend this week or last week.

Last edited by michaelm; August 15th, 2021 at 02:29 PM.
michaelm is offline  
August 15th, 2021, 03:09 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,986
Likes: 1746

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
He would likely have won had he stayed out given Binder did win and he had a lead on him. Whether his usual superiority in mixed conditions would have applied in his current physical condition is another question though. You can do nothing but praise Binder for what he did manage to do however, and having bigger balls than MM is a fair sort of accolade. I loved how most people who were interviewed just straight out said what huge balls Binder had.

I presume Miller had some kind of issue because he probably did make the change at the right time and is usually good in wet or mixed conditions, not that he was having/has had a great weekend this week or last week.
Exactly right. Any of the front group that had stayed out had a chance at the win, and the 13 seconds shows it was the right call. Not only did Binder show massive minerals by staying out, he should great race craft by not following the crowd down pitlane. He deserves all the credit for his choice and that was a well deserved win for BB. This was a fantastic race. I can't help but wonder how it would have ended had it stayed dry. Marc looked like the Marc of old today and showed promise that he will be back on form next season.

I also agree Miller went in at the right time and wonder what happened. He must have made a massive mistake on the cold tires or something. I'd like to know.
MdubSTYLIE is online now  
August 15th, 2021, 03:27 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Barbedwirebikerr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: FNQ

Posts: 1,022
Likes: 785

I Ride: WR450
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I presume Miller had some kind of issue because he probably did make the change at the right time and is usually good in wet or mixed conditions, not that he was having/has had a great weekend this week or last week.
I'm thinking miller had slicks on his second bike. Need to rewatch to see the tyre when he exits the garage area
Barbedwirebikerr is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2021, austria, bull, red, ring, spielberg



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2021 Red Bull Ring - Spielberg Austria MotoGp Keshav MotoGP 56 August 14th, 2021 12:24 PM
2021 Red Spielberg Austria GP Keshav MotoGP 10 June 15th, 2021 05:00 AM
Red Bull Ring Deefer Dogg MotoGP 8 January 3rd, 2018 01:53 AM
For Sale: Austrian Red Bull Ring Moto GP Tickets x4 pegstothedeck Classifieds 0 August 2nd, 2016 10:57 AM
A few videos from Red Bull Ring testing Gaz MotoGP 7 July 26th, 2016 03:49 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2021 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.