MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree63Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
August 12th, 2021, 07:31 AM   #81
Senior Member
 
MigsAngel's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: UK

Posts: 2,704
Likes: 309

I Ride: 675...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
Jack Miller will probably be gone from Ducati at the end of 2022. Unless he sets the world on fire next year, I can't see them keeping him beyond then because Jorge Martin is coming on fast. Him and Bagnaia I think would be Ducati's preferred lineup in the near future.
There will probably be an open seat at HRC by end of 2022, so Jack might have options there...
MigsAngel is offline  
 
August 12th, 2021, 08:20 AM   #82
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,986
Likes: 1746

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by MigsAngel View Post
There will probably be an open seat at HRC by end of 2022, so Jack might have options there...
Maybe. There seems to be a lot of talent coming up through the ranks right now. Roberts, Oncu, Acosta. Might be a little early for Oncu and Acosta but if Roberts can have a good season next year who knows.
MdubSTYLIE is online now  
August 12th, 2021, 05:19 PM   #83
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 11,357
Likes: 2527

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
Maybe. There seems to be a lot of talent coming up through the ranks right now. Roberts, Oncu, Acosta. Might be a little early for Oncu and Acosta but if Roberts can have a good season next year who knows.
It has been reported they might have interest in Gardner as well. They still love his dad.
MdubSTYLIE likes this.
michaelm is offline  
August 12th, 2021, 08:40 PM   #84
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 2,005
Likes: 864

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
I think their best option was a rider they already had. Dovi. They threw him out for probably the second best option at the time. Typical ducati making rash moves when they don't need to. They had Jack already, they had a rider that was out preforming him and tossed him aside. Thats what they do. Jack will need to start preforming or he will most definitely lose his seat to Martin.
I didn't see it as such a bad move if I am honest. It was clear that Dovi wasn't going to win them a world title so they needed to try and find someone who might. Dovi's failure last year was IMO more proof they made the right call.
Gaz likes this.
p4p1 is offline  
August 12th, 2021, 08:43 PM   #85
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 2,005
Likes: 864

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
100% agree with all of this. JLo is the epitome of a rider to build a bike around. Dovi not being far off which is probably why the ducati is the bike it is right now. Honda needs a JLo or Dovi asap. That bike reminds me of the ducati of old. The front is so inconsistent because it doesn't have a rider who's data they can depend on. They need Dovi more than anyone else. Even if it is just as a test rider. Pedrosa is another excellent tester look at where the ktm is now and look at the honda since they lost him.
I figured that one of the main reasons for signing Lorenzo other than removing the biggest likely issue to Marquez's domination was that he was someone whos input and experience could help develop the bike in a more rideable direction. Obviously that didn't work out and how much his lingering injuries from Ducati contributed to that, I'm not sure.

Whether HRC would listen to an excellent development rider or not is a whole different thing and their track record suggests they probably wouldn't.
p4p1 is offline  
August 12th, 2021, 10:28 PM   #86
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Maitland way

Posts: 5,804
Likes: 2212

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
I think their best option was a rider they already had. Dovi. They threw him out for probably the second best option at the time. Typical ducati making rash moves when they don't need to. They had Jack already, they had a rider that was out preforming him and tossed him aside. Thats what they do. Jack will need to start preforming or he will most definitely lose his seat to Martin.
Understandable but to me (and I type this with my perception of Ducati) Dovi had chances, opportunity but never took that next step that Ducati are desperate to attain. Ducati strike me as desperate for another title, perhaps moreso even that some other manufacturers as they desperately need recognition that they can build race bikes capable of winning, and not that some freak of nature got them their title.

Well that and to me, Dovi is not the guy to win a title and perhaps even not develop. Lets not forget that his race win record went through the roof on arrival of Gabbarini and Lorenzo in 2017 (2 MotoGP wins prior, then 6 in 2017 with 4 in 2018). Plus I suspect that Dovi got a little big for his boots and tried to play the bluff game for more dollars only Ducati went, no problems, there is the door and we will sign these guys for less.
Gaz is offline  
August 12th, 2021, 10:29 PM   #87
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Maitland way

Posts: 5,804
Likes: 2212

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
Jack Miller will probably be gone from Ducati at the end of 2022. Unless he sets the world on fire next year, I can't see them keeping him beyond then because Jorge Martin is coming on fast. Him and Bagnaia I think would be Ducati's preferred lineup in the near future.
IMO, he needs to win it to keep the gig.

They may keep him if he is top 2 but I suspect no win, no ride

And I type that with full bias
Gaz is offline  
August 13th, 2021, 01:13 AM   #88
Senior Member
 
MigsAngel's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: UK

Posts: 2,704
Likes: 309

I Ride: 675...
Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
Maybe. There seems to be a lot of talent coming up through the ranks right now. Roberts, Oncu, Acosta. Might be a little early for Oncu and Acosta but if Roberts can have a good season next year who knows.
Acosta for sure could get the nod for a possible ride with HRC, but given the issue they have with the bike and HRC seeming sole focus on MM....you'd have to think the Yamaha is still be best option for him to consider.....OR maybe Suzuki....surely Rins is going to have to show something soon for Suzuki to keep him longer term....

Roberts - 4 full seasons in Moto 2 and only 1 podium, and DNF from last 3 races - I don't think he's on a top MotoGP ride radar at all, he'd have to win the Moto2 title in 2022 or come to a team with a lot of sponsor back up....American pipe dream this one....
MigsAngel is offline  
August 13th, 2021, 01:14 AM   #89
Senior Member
 
MigsAngel's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: UK

Posts: 2,704
Likes: 309

I Ride: 675...
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
Whether HRC would listen to an excellent development rider or not is a whole different thing and their track record suggests they probably wouldn't.
Dani is proof HRC don't listen to an excellent development rider...
MigsAngel is offline  
August 13th, 2021, 03:27 AM   #90
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,986
Likes: 1746

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
I didn't see it as such a bad move if I am honest. It was clear that Dovi wasn't going to win them a world title so they needed to try and find someone who might. Dovi's failure last year was IMO more proof they made the right call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Understandable but to me (and I type this with my perception of Ducati) Dovi had chances, opportunity but never took that next step that Ducati are desperate to attain. Ducati strike me as desperate for another title, perhaps moreso even that some other manufacturers as they desperately need recognition that they can build race bikes capable of winning, and not that some freak of nature got them their title.

Well that and to me, Dovi is not the guy to win a title and perhaps even not develop. Lets not forget that his race win record went through the roof on arrival of Gabbarini and Lorenzo in 2017 (2 MotoGP wins prior, then 6 in 2017 with 4 in 2018). Plus I suspect that Dovi got a little big for his boots and tried to play the bluff game for more dollars only Ducati went, no problems, there is the door and we will sign these guys for less.

I think you both have good points. Last year sealed Dovis fate but his decline and desire to race really deteriorated after the signing of Jack. I don't think Jack is out preforming what Dovi is capable of. Also this year seems to be the kind of year Dovi could have had lots of success. The duc rides have been hit or miss this year each race. The fantastic 4 are cycling good results and Dovi, Mr. consistency, had a good chance of being in the hunt again this season IMO.
MdubSTYLIE is online now  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
forum, members, motogp, powerslide, shout



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How many forum members does it... BEN MotoGP 11 October 19th, 2006 06:23 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2021 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.