MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree12Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
November 22nd, 2020, 07:04 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 10,197
Likes: 1760

I Ride: Triiumph Tiger XCx 800 + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Wow - three in one year for KTM! Who'd have thunk it?

Congrats to Olivera and to Poncherral and company.

Fond farewell to Cal.
Mick D likes this.
Keshav is offline  
 
November 22nd, 2020, 08:54 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 10,197
Likes: 1760

I Ride: Triiumph Tiger XCx 800 + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedwirebikerr View Post
New track, new set ups. The better garages will be up front. I think morbidelli has the best crew chief aside from Marc. Nakagami should profit from HRC experience also. Wild card for me is Johann zarco.

KTM looks fast also. Oliviera looking the best so far.

Top 5 prediction.

Morbidelli
Nakagami
Miller
Oliviera
P. Espargaro
That's the most accurate prediction I've seen here in more than ten years.
Mick D likes this.
Keshav is offline  
November 22nd, 2020, 01:57 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 11,080
Likes: 2363

Was hoping for a Jack Miller win, but while he was good Oliveira was better.

Watched the moto 2 race which I mostly haven’t been doing and enjoyed that race. Lowes was amazing riding with a broken wrist.
Goonwriter and misfit like this.
michaelm is offline  
November 22nd, 2020, 04:53 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 10,197
Likes: 1760

I Ride: Triiumph Tiger XCx 800 + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Haven't watched the Moto 2 all season. Will start watching now to extend my viewing pleasure into the cold dark days of winter.
Mick D likes this.
Keshav is offline  
November 23rd, 2020, 09:00 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2019
From: Wales, UK

Posts: 243
Likes: 117

Moto2 can be a real blast. Some fabulous racing there. The season was quite up and down like with MotoGP.
misfit is offline  
November 23rd, 2020, 02:38 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 10,197
Likes: 1760

I Ride: Triiumph Tiger XCx 800 + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Moto2 can be a real blast. Some fabulous racing there. The season was quite up and down like with MotoGP.
In days of yore, I often found F2 (as it was once called) to frequently be more fun to watch than the premiere class races because the riders were young and wild to make their mark and of course, the bikes being so light and flickable made for much more slice and dice. The old two-stroke TZ 250s and the Aprilias with few electronics and simple engines weighed in at about 229 Lbs as compared with the current Moto 2 bikes at around 347 Lbs which really had a huge impact on how they were ridden, and the resultant show for the fans. Every years since the change to 4-strokes, I've become less and less interested in the class.
Keshav is offline  
November 24th, 2020, 08:10 AM   #17
Member
 
Joined: Jun 2019
From: US

Posts: 36
Likes: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
In days of yore, I often found F2 (as it was once called) to frequently be more fun to watch than the premiere class races because the riders were young and wild to make their mark and of course, the bikes being so light and flickable made for much more slice and dice. The old two-stroke TZ 250s and the Aprilias with few electronics and simple engines weighed in at about 229 Lbs as compared with the current Moto 2 bikes at around 347 Lbs which really had a huge impact on how they were ridden, and the resultant show for the fans. Every years since the change to 4-strokes, I've become less and less interested in the class.
I very much agree, I don't think Ive watched any feeder races since Sic vs Ayoma.

2-smokes are what i consider racers, not CBR 600 engines. Casey Stoner may still be racing if we had 750 2-strokes...imagine that beast.
Keshav likes this.
Mrpurple is offline  
November 24th, 2020, 08:32 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Mick D's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
From: Thailand

Posts: 5,355
Likes: 532

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpurple View Post
I very much agree, I don't think Ive watched any feeder races since Sic vs Ayoma.

2-smokes are what i consider racers, not CBR 600 engines. Casey Stoner may still be racing if we had 750 2-strokes...imagine that beast.
Hmmm... haven't used CBR600s for a couple of years - Triumph triples now.
Mick D is offline  
November 24th, 2020, 08:57 PM   #19
Member
 
warthog1's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2020
From: Bendigo Vic

Posts: 98
Likes: 27

2 strokes appear done and dusted from a road bike stand point due to emissions.
I don't mind racing contributing to road bike development even if it may be trickle down in effect.
Love the sound of 4 strokes too and plenty of horsepower is being produced.
MM93 has been able to do some outstanding shit on them also, despite the weight.
(I hope he still can )
Don't mind them at all
Haven't seen much moto 2 as it aint broadcast here.
The riders coming through still seem to produce the goods anyway.

Last edited by warthog1; November 24th, 2020 at 09:04 PM.
warthog1 is offline  
November 25th, 2020, 08:23 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 10,197
Likes: 1760

I Ride: Triiumph Tiger XCx 800 + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick D View Post
Hmmm... haven't used CBR600s for a couple of years - Triumph triples now.
Still, a production street bike engine. That and the fact that there's no inter-factory competition. Basically not drastically from run-of-the-mill supersport.

Last edited by Keshav; November 25th, 2020 at 05:09 PM.
Keshav is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2020, grande, meo, portugal, premio



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2020 Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana Keshav MotoGP 56 November 25th, 2020 09:54 AM
2020 Premio de la Comunitat Valenciana Circuit Ricard Tormo Keshav MotoGP 49 November 16th, 2020 09:54 AM
Hello from Portugal tamaraf12 New Users 4 August 13th, 2014 06:51 AM
Motogp/ Portugal ! Dr Costa MotoGP 3 April 17th, 2005 11:53 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2021 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.