MotoGP Forum

MotoGP Forum (http://motogpforum.com/motogp-racing-forums.php)
-   MotoGP (http://motogpforum.com/motogp/)
-   -   Moto GP Teruel 2020 (http://motogpforum.com/motogp/25236-moto-gp-teruel-2020-a.html)

Bern1 October 24th, 2020 01:07 PM

Moto GP Teruel 2020
 
Ok, ahead of tomorrow's race a new thread this week. Of course it's the same track....what's changed in a week? Taking what we can from such a bizarre season, it's interesting to see which teams and riders make the most of these back to back venues.....and who doesn't.

This week it looks like Nakagami and Marquez the younger... Nakagami said a while back that he was consciously imitating what MM was doing, if I'm not mistaken. Seems to be working for him. Credit to Alex Marquez for seemingly methodically advancing his level.

Those who don't really seem to have made any advances so far....Ducati glaringly in the lead here. Why? It's all of them so.....what? Team decisions....less money coming next year?

Fabs, one day up, one day down. It seems to me he betrays his youth by being so frank about following Mir around. I can't see how that helps him. He should shut up and ride faster, with some consistency....

Keshav October 24th, 2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bern1 (Post 464665)
Ok, ahead of tomorrow's race a new thread this week. Of course it's the same track....what's changed in a week? Taking what we can from such a bizarre season, it's interesting to see which teams and riders make the most of these back to back venues.....and who doesn't.

This week it looks like Nakagami and Marquez the younger... Nakagami said a while back that he was consciously imitating what MM was doing, if I'm not mistaken. Seems to be working for him. Credit to Alex Marquez for seemingly methodically advancing his level.

Those who don't really seem to have made any advances so far....Ducati glaringly in the lead here. Why? It's all of them so.....what? Team decisions....less money coming next year?

Fabs, one day up, one day down. It seems to me he betrays his youth by being so frank about following Mir around. I can't see how that helps him. He should shut up and ride faster, with some consistency....

Back in the mid '80s the Japanese started building guitars for Fender and Ameri-centric types were rejecting these guitars. I bought my Telecaster in '88 for $380.00. Turned out the Japanese were making Fenders MUCH better than Americans ever made them. I've had offers on my Tele as high as $4,000.00.

If Japanese riders make that leap, copy and improve upon guys like Marquez, the Spaniards are going to be in deep shit.

Woodstock October 24th, 2020 01:56 PM

Can I repeat my post from last week about predicting Nakagami for a podium?!

michaelm October 24th, 2020 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bern1 (Post 464665)
Ok, ahead of tomorrow's race a new thread this week. Of course it's the same track....what's changed in a week? Taking what we can from such a bizarre season, it's interesting to see which teams and riders make the most of these back to back venues.....and who doesn't.

This week it looks like Nakagami and Marquez the younger... Nakagami said a while back that he was consciously imitating what MM was doing, if I'm not mistaken. Seems to be working for him. Credit to Alex Marquez for seemingly methodically advancing his level.

Those who don't really seem to have made any advances so far....Ducati glaringly in the lead here. Why? It's all of them so.....what? Team decisions....less money coming next year?

Fabs, one day up, one day down. It seems to me he betrays his youth by being so frank about following Mir around. I can't see how that helps him. He should shut up and ride faster, with some consistency....

As birdman, the poster on here who is closest to being a bike racing sage imo, says, I am sure FQ is trying to be consistent, as is every other rider, it is just very difficult to be so with these current bikes operating under the current bike equalising regulations and on the current tyres, which as misfit has recently said may have intra batch variation, as well as being far from suited to all riders on all bikes on all tracks. Only the greats have managed to be on or close to the podium every week even on bad days and on tracks not suited to them, and many of them had factory bike advantages and probably also not uncommonly had bespoke tyres.

I reckon MM would be top 5 every race on any bike except an Aprilia, but that is a testament to him rather than the other riders being hacks.

Woodstock October 25th, 2020 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodstock (Post 464667)
Can I repeat my post from last week about predicting Nakagami for a podium?!

Ugh I jinxed him!

Barbedwirebikerr October 25th, 2020 06:10 AM

This season just keeps on giving. Top ride from morbidelli. Zarco gets a mention. Was shattered for aleix, when his aprilia gave up. He was doing well. Suzuki's are consistently there. Could be a shoot out between rins and mir. I'm backing Joan.

misfit October 25th, 2020 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbedwirebikerr (Post 464670)
This season just keeps on giving. Top ride from morbidelli. Zarco gets a mention. Was shattered for aleix, when his aprilia gave up. He was doing well. Suzuki's are consistently there. Could be a shoot out between rins and mir. I'm backing Joan.

I can just imagine Michelin giggling when they, yet again, make a critical tweak to the tyre compound/construction that reshuffles the balance of power come the last three races.

Only Suzuki seems to have managed a modicum of consistence come race day.

Oh Franco, do keep it up. What a disciplined ride to the win... :spin: 7sec faster than the ride to last weekend's win! I missed the race start thanks to the confusion of the DST switchover. When I didn't see Nakagami on the list I couldn't believe it, but after calming down, easily could. Too much pressure.... he let it get to him.

Dovi and FQ still floundering in the middle pack trying to keep a championship charge going in some sort of a way. FQ says the next tracks are great form him and Yamaha. This may be the usual but this season has been anything else but the usual. It's now a matter of who maximises and not messes up when they have a 'good thing' going on a race weekend.

Keshav October 25th, 2020 01:26 PM

Who can remember the last time the winner was decided at the last race? I mean other than 2006.

p4p1 October 26th, 2020 03:58 AM

2013, 2017

michaelm October 26th, 2020 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by p4p1 (Post 464673)
2013, 2017

2015 as well.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:47 PM.

Copyright © 2005-2021 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.