MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree54Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
July 19th, 2020, 04:46 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,775
Likes: 738

Quote:
Originally Posted by MigsAngel View Post
MM is learning a lesson today and the rest of field will not be phased by him having taken himself out
Didnít look like he did much wrong in the second crash. Iím sure the rest of the grid wonít be bothered that after running off and being last Marquez was able to pick them off one by one And get back into a podium position.
p4p1 is offline  
 
July 19th, 2020, 04:46 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,923
Likes: 2279

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
That was a big one
I donít know how much more his shoulder can take. 7th/9th title not a given this year or in the future.
michaelm is offline  
July 19th, 2020, 04:49 AM   #23
Member
 
Repsol 93's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: SoCal

Posts: 98
Likes: 32

I Ride: 2008 CBR1000RR and 1995 CR500
However different it may have played out sans the multiple crashes/retirements congrats to El Diablo!
Mick D likes this.
Repsol 93 is offline  
July 19th, 2020, 04:50 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,775
Likes: 738

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I donít know how much more his shoulder can take. 7th/9th title not a given this year or in the future.
Even if the injuries not as bad as it looks at first, 0 points in any race could be the difference for any rider fighting for the title.
MigsAngel likes this.
p4p1 is offline  
July 19th, 2020, 04:50 AM   #25
Member
 
warthog1's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2020
From: Bendigo Vic

Posts: 50
Likes: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I donít know how much more his shoulder can take. 7th/9th title not a given this year or in the future.
Yeah he looked to be hurt holding that R arm.

My lord I have seen him do things on a bike nobody else can do.
I sure hope he is ok.
I want him to be ok for his sake, but selfishly I want to see more.
michaelm, Repsol 93 and Furiosa like this.
warthog1 is offline  
July 19th, 2020, 04:54 AM   #26
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2020
From: Australia

Posts: 4
Likes: 1

The coverage of that race was infuriating, the cameras keep going to Marquez instead of watching the front of the race, absolute joke should change the name to MarcGP instead of MotoGP, pathetic Marc love fest.
Murphster888 is offline  
July 19th, 2020, 04:56 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,923
Likes: 2279

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
Didnít look like he did much wrong in the second crash. Iím sure the rest of the grid wonít be bothered that after running off and being last Marquez was able to pick them off one by one And get back into a podium position.
Sure, I agree he wasnít trying anything particularly audacious just then.

Great composed ride by FQ though, who I think was always going to win, so MM might as well have taken his time to pass MV. Second time MM has gone down in to the detriment of his shoulder perhaps trying to prove something to FQ, whom perhaps like everyone else he may see as the coming thing.
michaelm is offline  
July 19th, 2020, 04:56 AM   #28
Member
 
Repsol 93's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: SoCal

Posts: 98
Likes: 32

I Ride: 2008 CBR1000RR and 1995 CR500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphster888 View Post
The coverage of that race was infuriating, the cameras keep going to Marquez instead of watching the front of the race, absolute joke should change the name to MarcGP instead of MotoGP, pathetic Marc love fest.
yeah watching Fabio five seconds ahead would have been much more interesting
michaelm and warthog1 like this.
Repsol 93 is offline  
July 19th, 2020, 04:58 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
moto vudu's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Texas

Posts: 1,816
Likes: 767

Good job by Fabio! Glad he finally got a win.

Marquez was putting on a show and bringing all the drama... unfortunately he asked too much of the bike/tires at the start trying to break away from the pack and again at the end trying to maximize his heroics by getting back on the podium. Hopefully he's okay, but wouldn't surprise me if something's broken.
moto vudu is offline  
July 19th, 2020, 05:01 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
MigsAngel's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: UK

Posts: 2,644
Likes: 283

I Ride: 675...
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto vudu View Post
Good job by Fabio! Glad he finally got a win.

Marquez was putting on a show and bringing all the drama... unfortunately he asked too much of the bike/tires at the start trying to break away from the pack and again at the end trying to maximize his heroics by getting back on the podium. Hopefully he's okay, but wouldn't surprise me if something's broken.
Agreed, he then definitely asked too much of the soft rear in his desperation to get up to the podium ...

Hopefully nothing broken ...
MigsAngel is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
jerez, sneaking, weekend



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Next Weekend Theo MotoGP 8 March 6th, 2019 10:23 AM
Redding sneaking in some practice Gaz MotoGP 1 January 6th, 2016 12:30 PM
More fun than a GP weekend! baturro MotoGP 13 May 14th, 2012 03:52 AM
Great pictures from Jerez this weekend....... Noodlerizer MotoGP 15 April 1st, 2008 05:34 PM
F1 this weekend Dazza Motorsports 16 August 29th, 2006 07:42 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2020 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.