MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


View Poll Results: Who gets Lorenzo's ride?
Zarco 19 76.00%
Crutchlow 1 4.00%
Alex Marquez 5 20.00%
other 0 0%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree25Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
November 19th, 2019, 01:26 AM   #71
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,729
Likes: 708

The more I think about it, the more the signing makes sense. Not because Alex is amazing but because there is 0 downside other than a bunch of morons moaning on social media.

HRC gains nothing by putting Cal in the Repsol team but LCR could lose a lot.
Zarco is sounding more and more like a difficult personality.

Even going through the options for 2021 unless he embarrasses himself Alex could be I’m a great position to retain his ride. Unless they get Quartararo, Vinales (who is inconsistent as shit) or maybe Rins, who else is there?

Maybe Oliveira who I think could have something special? Maybe Binder.

Let’s face it, outside of Fabio there looks to be NOBODY with a snowball chance in hell or challenging Marc over a season. The Aliens are gone and nobody outside of Quartararo has shown alien type promise so far.
p4p1 is offline  
 
November 19th, 2019, 03:11 AM   #72
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2015
From: Portugal

Posts: 14
Likes: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
The more I think about it, the more the signing makes sense. Not because Alex is amazing but because there is 0 downside other than a bunch of morons moaning on social media.

HRC gains nothing by putting Cal in the Repsol team but LCR could lose a lot.
Zarco is sounding more and more like a difficult personality.

Even going through the options for 2021 unless he embarrasses himself Alex could be Iím a great position to retain his ride. Unless they get Quartararo, Vinales (who is inconsistent as shit) or maybe Rins, who else is there?

Maybe Oliveira who I think could have something special? Maybe Binder.

Letís face it, outside of Fabio there looks to be NOBODY with a snowball chance in hell or challenging Marc over a season. The Aliens are gone and nobody outside of Quartararo has shown alien type promise so far.

I doubt Alex would loose his ride even if he has a really bad season.
I has had to very bad seasons in moto2 and i reckon his surname was the reason why he retained his seat.
I don't think MM will want anyone else as teammate in 2021 than his brother.

Would Alex keep is ride if he performes like he did first years on moto2?!
That to me would be the hardest think for Honda to manage he it happens.

Today Alex was the easy option, Zarco is not an easy character and that costed him the seat i believe.
Any other current motogp rider is by far expensive for Honda.


2021 should be one great silly season for contracts.
Honda, single goal to retain MM.

Yamaha, they must be dying for Rossi to retire, he no longer gives them guarantee's for several points/podiums.
Vinales has had years and i think he'll go elsewhere. Over the years the satellite riders have had better displays then him with Zarco and now Fabio.
Franco either steps up the game or needs other place too.

Ducati.
Dovi is good but won't ever be able to beat MM and he's turning 34 next season. Petrucci and Miller don't also seem to be the answer.
A lot favour Miller but the fact remains he ended up being Petrucci on the overall standings.
I think Ducati needs to bet on a new and fresh lineup for the factory team.
Bagnaia has struggled a lot this year and was quite disappointing to me, but maybe on the second try he will prove his quality.

Suzuki, if Rins can cut down his mistakes and fix qualifying he can rise as a proper contender to the title and rival MM.
Mir showed a couple races good performances, but honesty was expecting more give the quality of his bike.

Aprilia
Just keep going with the riders they have and improve their bike.

KTM
Paul is taking them nowhere it seems, let's hope Dani can turn them around to the right direction.
Oliveira has impressed on his rookie season given the bike he has, when Zarco parted ways he should have been vocal about getting his seat. That gave Binder the chance to pass directly to the factory team.
Binder and Lecuona let's see what they can do.
seusouber is offline  
November 19th, 2019, 05:21 AM   #73
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,839
Likes: 2226

Quote:
Originally Posted by seusouber View Post
I doubt Alex would loose his ride even if he has a really bad season.
I has had to very bad seasons in moto2 and i reckon his surname was the reason why he retained his seat.
I don't think MM will want anyone else as teammate in 2021 than his brother.

Would Alex keep is ride if he performes like he did first years on moto2?!
That to me would be the hardest think for Honda to manage he it happens.

Today Alex was the easy option, Zarco is not an easy character and that costed him the seat i believe.
Any other current motogp rider is by far expensive for Honda.


2021 should be one great silly season for contracts.
Honda, single goal to retain MM.

Yamaha, they must be dying for Rossi to retire, he no longer gives them guarantee's for several points/podiums.
Vinales has had years and i think he'll go elsewhere. Over the years the satellite riders have had better displays then him with Zarco and now Fabio.
Franco either steps up the game or needs other place too.

Ducati.
Dovi is good but won't ever be able to beat MM and he's turning 34 next season. Petrucci and Miller don't also seem to be the answer.
A lot favour Miller but the fact remains he ended up being Petrucci on the overall standings.
I think Ducati needs to bet on a new and fresh lineup for the factory team.
Bagnaia has struggled a lot this year and was quite disappointing to me, but maybe on the second try he will prove his quality.

Suzuki, if Rins can cut down his mistakes and fix qualifying he can rise as a proper contender to the title and rival MM.
Mir showed a couple races good performances, but honesty was expecting more give the quality of his bike.

Aprilia
Just keep going with the riders they have and improve their bike.

KTM
Paul is taking them nowhere it seems, let's hope Dani can turn them around to the right direction.
Oliveira has impressed on his rookie season given the bike he has, when Zarco parted ways he should have been vocal about getting his seat. That gave Binder the chance to pass directly to the factory team.
Binder and Lecuona let's see what they can do.
I have no illusions about Miller vs MM, but Miller vs Petrucci is a different matter. Petrucci has been in the factory team seat all year, and I have strong doubts as to how "full factory" the support for Miller's Pramac bike was when the return of Jorge to Ducati thing was on. The converse is true for Petrucci now, I am not sure how full his support is even riding for the factory team now he appears to be out of favour with Ducati; the currents at Ducati are notoriously treacherous. Jack has even outperformed Dovi in several late season races though which is hard to gainsay imo.
michaelm is online now  
November 19th, 2019, 05:55 AM   #74
Senior Member
 
AJV80's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2016
From: Queensland Australia

Posts: 892
Likes: 552

I Ride: Suzuki GSX-R 750 / Kawasaki Ninja H2
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
The more I think about it, the more the signing makes sense. Not because Alex is amazing but because there is 0 downside other than a bunch of morons moaning on social media.

HRC gains nothing by putting Cal in the Repsol team but LCR could lose a lot.
Zarco is sounding more and more like a difficult personality.

Even going through the options for 2021 unless he embarrasses himself Alex could be I’m a great position to retain his ride. Unless they get Quartararo, Vinales (who is inconsistent as shit) or maybe Rins, who else is there?

Maybe Oliveira who I think could have something special? Maybe Binder.

Let’s face it, outside of Fabio there looks to be NOBODY with a snowball chance in hell or challenging Marc over a season. The Aliens are gone and nobody outside of Quartararo has shown alien type promise so far.
Personally I think HRC's primary motivation for signing Alex on a 1 year contract was to give themselves the best possible chance of retaining Marc in 2021 when his contract is up.

Alex will always be in the shadow of his brother and compared to him. With Alex on the factory Repsol bike in his rookie season just like his brother Marc was, the comparisons between the two will only be further highlighted and talked about. If Alex has a anything other than a stellar rookie season the media will criticize and compare him to no end. That said, if Marc did think to leave HRC for 2021 what would Alex's chances of being re-signed be, if coming of an average/poor rookie season?
Keshav likes this.
AJV80 is offline  
November 19th, 2019, 06:38 AM   #75
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,948
Likes: 1628

I Ride: Triiumph Tiger XCx 800 + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Don’t want to get all soap opera about it but I won’t be surprised if Alex quickly gets tired of the comparisons. Competition with your teammates rarely brings you closer together.
Keshav is offline  
November 19th, 2019, 08:20 AM   #76
Member
 
Joined: Jun 2019
From: Barcelona

Posts: 92
Likes: 31

Alex did his best Marc impression at lap 8 turn 10 i think?

alex down!!!
320Dave is offline  
November 19th, 2019, 09:03 AM   #77
Senior Member
 
AJV80's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2016
From: Queensland Australia

Posts: 892
Likes: 552

I Ride: Suzuki GSX-R 750 / Kawasaki Ninja H2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Don’t want to get all soap opera about it but I won’t be surprised if Alex quickly gets tired of the comparisons. Competition with your teammates rarely brings you closer together.
Agree^, I think it will be pretty difficult for Alex continually being compared and measured against his brother. Even if he does a good job, you can bet the media will focus on his shortcomings compared to his brother rather than his results compared to the others given his rookie circumstances.

I'm sure a part of him already feels that he only has the Repsol ride because of his surname, having the media harp on about it every time he gets a sub par result throughout the season wont make it any easier for him.
AJV80 is offline  
November 19th, 2019, 10:14 AM   #78
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: USA

Posts: 609
Likes: 206

Alex is the Moto2 champions and deserves a call up. I think it would be fair to measure him against the other rookies next year, comparing him to Marc will not be fair right away.
Hollywood is offline  
November 19th, 2019, 11:12 AM   #79
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Acadiana

Posts: 344
Likes: 111

Moto2 champ or not, common sense tells he made a wrong choice joining brother's team and choosing a bike which is known tricky to ride at least. These are two bad mistakes, the way I see it. Time will tell ...
Segfault is offline  
November 19th, 2019, 11:56 AM   #80
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Brazil

Posts: 770
Likes: 58

I'm sure Alex will do well, he won't be a MM 2.0 but will do well. I think Honda made the best choice possible.
gui22a is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
repsol, ride



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Who wants to buy Repsol? Now available in the UK lubricantesuk Marketplace 0 January 12th, 2015 03:37 AM
Repsol and Argentina GP skaface MotoGP 9 November 26th, 2012 02:34 PM
Ride On Rossi Ride On xx CURVE xx MotoGP 104 November 10th, 2010 03:16 PM
repsol honda frosty58 MotoGP 13 August 13th, 2009 07:44 PM
Repsol Geonerd MotoGP 3 March 19th, 2009 06:51 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2019 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.