MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree32Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
November 3rd, 2019, 05:53 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,726
Likes: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Not that they shouldnít strongly back Quartararo as well, but Yamaha should have given Vinales full backing from the start.
Thereís so many questions about this sort of stuff that will go unanswered but I have to wonder a few things.

Why would Yamaha favour a 40 year old man over the guy who might (I donít think he will for the record) actually bring them a title? It makes no sense. It makes sense for Dorna but not for Yamaha. Iím just not sure how much machinery a rider helps sell for a manufacturer. If Rossi is getting somewhere around $10m from Yamaha how many bikes does he need to be directly responsible for selling before the $10m investment makes any return? Would better results for their team, say if they had Lorenzo and ViŮales fighting for wins and the title would that offer less bike sales than having Rossi in current and previous form. Yes I know he finished 3rd in the championship last year but it was totally uninspiring and IMO was on the back of not pushing for wins and keeping the bike upright rather than taking any risks.

How much does Rossi really mean to Yamahas bottom line? Iím not sure if itís even a drop in the bucket for any manufacturer to be aligned with any rider. Even Rossi. Rossi does mean a lot for to Dornaís bottom line though.

So my question is, just how much are Dorna responsible for applying pressure to Yamaha for Rossiís benefit? The rider is surely only important because they do the winning, on that basis I believe riders are only as irreplaceable as their form allows them to be.

Could it be loyalty? Doubtful, Rossi hasnít been all that loyal to Yamaha.

I just canít see any reason other than Dorna politics why Yamaha would continue to favour Rossi and his agenda for as long as they have. Jarvis devalued Lorenzos title in 2015 by going along with and all but agreeing with Rossiís conspiracy.
Why? I donít see why it makes sense for Yamaha. Dorna I completely see but not Yamaha.

And thatís my rant
p4p1 is online now  
 
November 3rd, 2019, 06:14 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: London

Posts: 259
Likes: 148

Because the biggest emerging market for motorcycle sales is in the far east, where Valentino Rossi is practically considered a god.
Ingjr and paparazzo like this.
ratdeal is offline  
November 3rd, 2019, 06:46 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
moto vudu's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Texas

Posts: 1,790
Likes: 760

This forum alone is proof that Rossi (regardless of how he performs) is the most relevant rider on the grid. Forum threads should be dominated by Marquez or Quartararo, yet every single thread always ends up about Rossi. At this point, Rossi is MotoGP and Yamaha has no incentive to get rid of him.
Ingjr and paparazzo like this.

Last edited by moto vudu; November 3rd, 2019 at 06:53 AM.
moto vudu is offline  
November 3rd, 2019, 06:56 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Little Walter's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Stratosphere

Posts: 751
Likes: 328

I Ride: Whatever I can steal
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
There is the evidence that he continues to come out of these crashes relatively uninjured. I personally think considerable luck is involved which cannot last, it is crazy he had that massive highside with the title already clinched while possibly operating with ulterior motives but he certainly at least bounces better than the likes of Dani Pedrosa. Youth, strength and intensive physical training probably do come into it as well as luck though.
Rossi who famously did not seriously start to train until way into his 30s got away with many crashes and no bad injuries until the broken leg. Dovizioso has been racing as long as Rossi and had yet to suffer a really bad injury. Marquez conversely suffered a head injury in his Moto 2 days that nearly cost him his eyesight, and repeatedly damaged his shoulder in a relatively short period of time, which safely negates any theories of a superhuman capacity to avoid injury.
Little Walter is offline  
November 3rd, 2019, 06:59 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,932
Likes: 1621

I Ride: Triiumph Tiger XCx 800 + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryMachine View Post
Has Miller gone softs again?!!!
There's always Viagra for that.
Mick D likes this.
Keshav is offline  
November 3rd, 2019, 07:01 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Little Walter's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Stratosphere

Posts: 751
Likes: 328

I Ride: Whatever I can steal
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto vudu View Post
This forum alone is proof that Rossi (regardless of how he performs) is the most relevant rider on the grid. Forum threads should be dominated by Marquez or Quartararo, yet every single thread always ends up about Rossi. At this point, Rossi is MotoGP and Yamaha has no incentive to get rid of him.
If you say so.
Little Walter is offline  
November 3rd, 2019, 07:11 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
moto vudu's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Texas

Posts: 1,790
Likes: 760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
If you say so.
It's not if I say so, everyone that participates on this forum can observe that every thread ends up being about Rossi. It's when people STOP talking about him that he loses his influence and Yamaha wouldn't want/need him. Rossi has been relatively quiet this season yet he remains the most talked about rider by a margin much greater than Marquez championship points advantage.
paparazzo likes this.
moto vudu is offline  
November 3rd, 2019, 07:42 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
MichaelBolton's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
From: Spain

Posts: 109
Likes: 127

I agree with Vudu, Rossi is the most relevant rider in the world, which is why I'm all up for him to remain in the championship until he's 60, embarrassing himself any possible way
MichaelBolton is offline  
November 3rd, 2019, 07:47 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,932
Likes: 1621

I Ride: Triiumph Tiger XCx 800 + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto vudu View Post
It's not if I say so, everyone that participates on this forum can observe that every thread ends up being about Rossi. It's when people STOP talking about him that he loses his influence and Yamaha wouldn't want/need him. Rossi has been relatively quiet this season yet he remains the most talked about rider by a margin much greater than Marquez championship points advantage.
Firstly - not every thread ends up talking about Rossi.

Secondly - the threads that do involve Rossi, do so because you and a few other die-hard fans manage to drag the corpse of his former reputation into the conversation. His pertinency to the forum chatter is largely to do with his lack of relevance, and the service he could do for racing, by retiring and giving his seat to a younger, faster rider. Rossi's prime value is to Dorna because all the vacuous fans who are caught up in the whole cult of personality vortex that fill a lot of seats in the massive grandstands. The numbers however are not an index of his value as a racer. Yanni, Kenny G and many K-Pop boy bands fill stadiums too. Pol Pot and Stalin haven't had an press releases in decades and people talk about them and write books on them all the time. Doesn't mean they deserve a seat on a factory bike.

Last edited by Keshav; November 3rd, 2019 at 07:57 AM.
Keshav is offline  
November 3rd, 2019, 07:50 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
moto vudu's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: Texas

Posts: 1,790
Likes: 760

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Firstly - not every thread ends up talking about Rossi.

Secondly - the threads that do involve Rossi, do so because you and a few other die-hard fans manage to drag him into the conversation. His pertinency to the forum chatter is largely to do with his lack of relevance, and the service he could do for racing, by retiring and giving his seat to a younger, faster rider. Rossi's prime value is to Dorna because all the vacuous fans who are caught up in the whole cult of personality vortex that fill a lot of seats in the massive grandstands. The numbers however are not an index of his value as a racer. Yanni, Kenny G and Boys To Men fill stadiums too.
Every thread does end up about Rossi and there are no die-hard participating here change all thread topics to Rossi. It's the same small group of people here that do not find anything other than Rossi interesting enough to talk about. You can go back and browse the threads on the first page to see who brings up Rossi into all the discussions... you'll notice it's not a Rossi fan.
paparazzo likes this.
moto vudu is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2019, malaysia, sepang



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale: 4 x MotoGP Sepang Malaysia 2019 Tickets (Main Grandstand) thomasstrand Classifieds 1 October 23rd, 2019 11:23 AM
2018 Shell Malaysia GP Sepang evo9 MotoGP 89 November 7th, 2018 09:16 AM
Sepang Malaysia Test Thread povol MotoGP 385 March 6th, 2011 01:30 AM
MotoGP Test Session 2 - Sepang, Malaysia [Day 1] ultraImAn MotoGP 0 February 22nd, 2011 09:23 AM
Anyone going or been to Sepang, Malaysia GP race? Seabass MotoGP 20 March 23rd, 2010 05:05 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2019 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.