MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree29Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
October 22nd, 2019, 04:29 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
AJV80's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2016
From: Queensland Australia

Posts: 885
Likes: 544

I Ride: Suzuki GSX-R 750 / Kawasaki Ninja H2
2019 Phillip Island - Pramac Generac Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix

One of my favourite rounds of the year has arrived, I won't be there this year unfortunately.

With the championship decided now hopefully this round can produce some entertainment with a good scrap for the win. Given that Maverick won here last year, this may be the round that Fabio takes his first premiere class win.
AJV80 is offline  
 
October 22nd, 2019, 06:46 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Barbedwirebikerr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: FNQ

Posts: 934
Likes: 698

I Ride: DRZ400E
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJV80 View Post
One of my favourite rounds of the year has arrived, I won't be there this year unfortunately.

With the championship decided now hopefully this round can produce some entertainment with a good scrap for the win. Given that Maverick won here last year, this may be the round that Fabio takes his first premiere class win.
I agree. I feel Fabio will be able to break to the front, and run his high corner speed lines and be able to out pace Marquez.

The repsol honda will have enough for him into the hairpin and down the straight, but hopefully FQ will be able to get his first victory.
Barbedwirebikerr is offline  
October 22nd, 2019, 10:27 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,813
Likes: 2223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedwirebikerr View Post
I agree. I feel Fabio will be able to break to the front, and run his high corner speed lines and be able to out pace Marquez.

The repsol honda will have enough for him into the hairpin and down the straight, but hopefully FQ will be able to get his first victory.
Even apart from that, MM is not unknown to DNF at PI.
michaelm is online now  
October 23rd, 2019, 09:07 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: USA

Posts: 604
Likes: 202

how bout Jack Miller? I think he learned a lesson with the tires last week, this is his home round, and he is riding the best bike he has ever ben on.
Hollywood is offline  
October 23rd, 2019, 10:04 AM   #5
Member
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2019
From: Wales, UK

Posts: 95
Likes: 37

I Ride: A bicycle. Heehee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
how bout Jack Miller? I think he learned a lesson with the tires last week, this is his home round, and he is riding the best bike he has ever ben on.
What worries me about Jack's race was that he was mystified about what happened to his tyres. He seems to struggle with tyre longevity with this years tyres as some of the other riders do, namely Morbidelli and VR.
misfit is offline  
October 23rd, 2019, 09:22 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Barbedwirebikerr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: FNQ

Posts: 934
Likes: 698

I Ride: DRZ400E
Hypothetical. 2012 Phillip Island. Pedrosa is a chance for the championship still. He goes down on lap 2. IF he doesn't crash, does Stoner play wingman? Keeping Lorenzo one position back, or does Casey fight for the win regardless of Pedrosa's title aspirations?
Barbedwirebikerr is offline  
October 24th, 2019, 01:44 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
SlartyBartFast's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
From: Adelaide

Posts: 222
Likes: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedwirebikerr View Post
Hypothetical. 2012 Phillip Island. Pedrosa is a chance for the championship still. He goes down on lap 2. IF he doesn't crash, does Stoner play wingman? Keeping Lorenzo one position back, or does Casey fight for the win regardless of Pedrosa's title aspirations?
Absolutely Stoner goes for the win.
Hooray, the most important weekend of the year is upon us.
SlartyBartFast is offline  
October 24th, 2019, 08:47 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: USA

Posts: 604
Likes: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
What worries me about Jack's race was that he was mystified about what happened to his tyres. He seems to struggle with tyre longevity with this years tyres as some of the other riders do, namely Morbidelli and VR.
what got me is that they went with the soft/soft on jack's bike for the race, even though his longest stint on that set up was 17 laps (thats not a full race)... obviously the thinking is to be fast early in the race, but with all the passing and defending, the tires dont last as long.
Hollywood is offline  
October 24th, 2019, 12:50 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,503
Likes: 1668

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Even apart from that, MM is not unknown to DNF at PI.
He is fairly dominant at PI but doesn’t have the record to prove it. Got taken out last year by an out of control Zarco where he was probably the favorite to win. In 13 he got penalized while having considerably better pace than Lorenzo. Crashed another year with a 4 second lead. I wouldn’t bet against him this round.
povol is offline  
October 24th, 2019, 06:26 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Acadiana

Posts: 330
Likes: 107

FP1, Zarco is faster than Crutchlow! Well, he is 2.1 seconds off Vinales ...
Segfault is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2019, australian, generac, grand, island, motorcycle, phillip, pramac, prix



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2019 Red Bull Grand Prix of The Americas Keshav MotoGP 61 April 18th, 2019 12:58 PM
Michelin Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix 2018 Deefer Dogg MotoGP 52 October 28th, 2018 06:55 AM
MotoGP: 2015 Round 16 - Pramac Australian Motorcycle Grand Prix (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 660 October 24th, 2015 09:09 PM
Tissot Australian Grand Prix 2013 povol MotoGP 799 October 31st, 2013 03:31 PM
AUSTRALIAN GP: Phillip Island 2010 Jumkie MotoGP 158 October 19th, 2010 06:23 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2019 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.