MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
October 7th, 2019, 11:20 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,729
Likes: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320Dave View Post
Yes in MMA it was around 2012 right?
I think it was a bit more recent than that but I canít remember exactly when. The differences between the sports though could mean that something like TRT isnít as beneficial.
p4p1 is offline  
 
October 8th, 2019, 01:54 AM   #22
Member
 
Joined: Jun 2019
From: Barcelona

Posts: 92
Likes: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
I think it was a bit more recent than that but I canít remember exactly when. The differences between the sports though could mean that something like TRT isnít as beneficial.
Not sure.

Everyone seems to be saying how demanding it is to win on a MotoGP bike now.

Having the testosterone and ability to recover of a 25 year old should be beneficial whatever sport you do.
320Dave is offline  
October 8th, 2019, 07:27 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,729
Likes: 708

Quote:
Originally Posted by 320Dave View Post
Not sure.

Everyone seems to be saying how demanding it is to win on a MotoGP bike now.

Having the testosterone and ability to recover of a 25 year old should be beneficial whatever sport you do.
Of course itís great for being able to train more often etc. but Iím not sure it would have the same advantages as it does in a sport where you rely solely on your body. That was the point that I was making. Of course the ability to train more due to better recovery is an advantage no matter the sport and dare I say even if you arenít playing sport.

Of course to take advantage of the TRT you need to be willing to train to exhaustion nearly every day as many top athletes do. IIRC Rossi isnít a huge fan of training off the bike but as Cal has already mentioned the guys on the Yamahas donít get off looking like theyíve worked as hard as Marquez post race.

IIRC the fall off in reaction time from 25-40 isnít as big as you would think but in other sports before an athletes mind gives up their body does because of the wear and tear that professional athletes have on their body.
p4p1 is offline  
October 8th, 2019, 08:12 AM   #24
Member
 
Joined: Jun 2019
From: Barcelona

Posts: 92
Likes: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
Of course itís great for being able to train more often etc. but Iím not sure it would have the same advantages as it does in a sport where you rely solely on your body. That was the point that I was making. Of course the ability to train more due to better recovery is an advantage no matter the sport and dare I say even if you arenít playing sport.

Of course to take advantage of the TRT you need to be willing to train to exhaustion nearly every day as many top athletes do. IIRC Rossi isnít a huge fan of training off the bike but as Cal has already mentioned the guys on the Yamahas donít get off looking like theyíve worked as hard as Marquez post race.

IIRC the fall off in reaction time from 25-40 isnít as big as you would think but in other sports before an athletes mind gives up their body does because of the wear and tear that professional athletes have on their body.


Yeah true I guess.

Dan Henderson's wear and tear isn't the same a Rossi's (or any other riders) for example that is for sure.
320Dave is offline  
October 29th, 2019, 01:59 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 1,030
Likes: 261

Suddenly the yamaha is not good enough. With Honda, I might have broken Agostini's record.

https://es.motorsport.com/motogp/new...stini/4589175/
evo9 is offline  
October 29th, 2019, 02:07 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Acadiana

Posts: 344
Likes: 111

Yeah but what about that rear tire they always give to Rossi, it wears off and has no grip.
Segfault is offline  
October 30th, 2019, 03:24 AM   #27
Member
 
Joined: Jun 2019
From: Barcelona

Posts: 92
Likes: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo9 View Post
Suddenly the yamaha is not good enough. With Honda, I might have broken Agostini's record.

https://es.motorsport.com/motogp/new...stini/4589175/


What a fucking CUNT!!!!

I can read Spanish and as I was reading down the article I could feel the fumes coming out of my head.

I rage quitted at 2008 Laguna Seca where he is fucking proud of cheating and getting unfair advantages.

Damn it!!

pardon my language guys but dammit!!

He even said the Yamaha was a turd when he moved completely avoiding mentioning how the bike was re-hashed into a killer bike with the new engine.
evo9 and Segfault like this.
320Dave is offline  
October 30th, 2019, 03:40 AM   #28
Member
 
Joined: Jun 2019
From: Barcelona

Posts: 92
Likes: 31

I mean, Colin Edwards was easily keeping up with him in many races, not beating Rossi but he was deffo ahead of the others on the field for the most part. You don't do that on a turd bike,
320Dave is offline  
October 30th, 2019, 05:24 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
MichaelBolton's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
From: Spain

Posts: 109
Likes: 127

He's already cooking the narrative for when Marquez surpasses him in titles. He's so insecure it hurts
evo9 likes this.
MichaelBolton is offline  
October 30th, 2019, 04:52 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,839
Likes: 2226

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBolton View Post
He's already cooking the narrative for when Marquez surpasses him in titles. He's so insecure it hurts
If he is disaffected with Yamaha which he seems to be showing signs of being I am not sure where it will leave him in his retirement, I doubt Honda will welcome him back as a Honda icon.

He will have to withdraw all copies of that book. I have an idea in regard to a title for a book about his career post 2010, he should call it “how to trash an unassailable reputation”.
Keshav likes this.
michaelm is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
chief, crew, rossi



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lorenzo targeting Gabarrini as crew chief and Stoner povol MotoGP 41 August 13th, 2016 01:14 AM
HRC chief has a dig at Rossi! RCV600RR MotoGP 28 May 4th, 2012 03:04 PM
Jorge Lorenzoís crew chief enters secrecy debate Pigeon MotoGP 7 March 1st, 2010 07:36 PM
New Crew Chief For Hayden VTtwinner MotoGP 89 May 20th, 2009 12:51 AM
Greatest crew chief of all time #46 MotoGP 4 October 23rd, 2008 01:17 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2019 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.