MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree19Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
September 24th, 2019, 08:12 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: USA

Posts: 609
Likes: 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by imunderandoverit View Post
Both i would say. Either he should take a year of or finish 2020 with honda and move to suzuki in 2021. Rins to repsol, lorenzo to suzuki. Similar bike to yama. Dont think rossi will retire after 2020. He will probably ride until 2022. And with lorenzos style; the suzuki is perfect.
Suzuki has 2 good riders, both hungry for wins, I dont know that they will need or even want JLo (maybe if the start a satellite team). also the Honda is so different from the Suzuki and Yamaha, im not so sure that any of those riders would have success on the Honda. The one rider on the grid right now that might actually do well on the honda is Jack Miller, his riding style fits the Honda.
Hollywood is offline  
 
September 24th, 2019, 12:19 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 1,030
Likes: 261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
Suzuki has 2 good riders, both hungry for wins, I dont know that they will need or even want JLo (maybe if the start a satellite team). also the Honda is so different from the Suzuki and Yamaha, im not so sure that any of those riders would have success on the Honda. The one rider on the grid right now that might actually do well on the honda is Jack Miller, his riding style fits the Honda.
Along with the Asparagus brothers, mainly Pol!
evo9 is offline  
September 24th, 2019, 01:14 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: USA

Posts: 609
Likes: 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo9 View Post
Along with the Asparagus brothers, mainly Pol!
Both very underrated riders, I can't see KTM letting go of Pol go and they have the money to keep him if they want to. Aleix might be an option for honda, its unfortunate that Aprilia can't do more for the bike.
Hollywood is offline  
September 24th, 2019, 01:56 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 1,030
Likes: 261

Looking down the field. I think Enea Bastianini, Romano Fenati and Arón Canet physical physique would be best suited for the V engines bikes.
evo9 is offline  
September 24th, 2019, 02:54 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: USA

Posts: 609
Likes: 206

other then MM has anyone coming out of Moto2 really been able to ride a V4 bike well from the start? I kind of expected more from Bagnaia, Mobideli also struggled. yet those that stared Motogp on the I4 bikes did rather well with less power.
Hollywood is offline  
September 24th, 2019, 08:04 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Sometimes sweden, sometimes usa, sometimes greece.

Posts: 289
Likes: 32

Oh ye, jack miller would probably ride the honda lika marc. He has been on a honda too. Dovi at repsol? I think lorenzo is leaving after 2020 and rossi riding until 2022. Marc will wrap up the title at the next round, leaving yamaha thinking wtf went wrong again this season. Their bike as been shit now for a 3rd season. With the way the bike performs now; i think rossi is more motivated to fix the problems. Also dovi cant have the ups and downs in a season. He has to be more consistent.
imunderandoverit is offline  
September 24th, 2019, 10:55 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
Mick D's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
From: Thailand

Posts: 5,350
Likes: 529

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo9 View Post
Looking down the field. I think Enea Bastianini, Romano Fenati and Arón Canet physical physique would be best suited for the V engines bikes.
Are you talking Honda, Ducati, or both. Stronger physique ain't helping Petrux or Miller on the Duc. Tiny Pedro did fine with the RCV...
Mick D is offline  
September 25th, 2019, 12:08 AM   #68
Senior Member
 
MichaelBolton's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
From: Spain

Posts: 109
Likes: 127

Quote:
Originally Posted by imunderandoverit View Post
Also dovi cant have the ups and downs in a season. He has to be more consistent.
Dovi is having his best season ever on the duc points-wise. It’s just that Marc has been otherworldly this year and will probably destroy the points record in a season. No other rider in history would be beating Marc this year, this is probably his peak.
AJV80 likes this.
MichaelBolton is offline  
September 25th, 2019, 02:14 AM   #69
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 1,030
Likes: 261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick D View Post
Are you talking Honda, Ducati, or both. Stronger physique ain't helping Petrux or Miller on the Duc. Tiny Pedro did fine with the RCV...
Honda, Ducati & KTM! Dani did fine because thats where he started & had a lot of time. The names I mention all have bigger upper body & are in the same size as Cal & Marc. Which would mean they should have good upper body strength to deal with the V4 bikes. Danilo Petrucci is just big & tall, Miller is a bit smaller than him.
evo9 is offline  
September 25th, 2019, 04:55 AM   #70
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,948
Likes: 1628

I Ride: Triiumph Tiger XCx 800 + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBolton View Post
Dovi is having his best season ever on the duc points-wise. It’s just that Marc has been otherworldly this year and will probably destroy the points record in a season. No other rider in history would be beating Marc this year, this is probably his peak.
Pretty much took the words out of my mouth. Yamaha isn't really that bad. It's not so much the other bikes they can't beat, it's Marquez. Other than Quarters, they just don't have any inspired riders on the Yams.
Keshav is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2019, aragon, ciudad, del, motor



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Round 14: 2016 Gran Premio Movistar de Aragón: MotorLand Aragón JPSLotus MotoGP 374 October 1st, 2016 04:33 AM
Counter steering a motor cycle Pigeon Petrolheads 8 September 6th, 2009 12:30 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2019 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.