MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree48Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
August 25th, 2019, 01:46 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: London

Posts: 259
Likes: 148

Not really sure how we have ended up talking about Kesh's personal circumstances.

Are we now at the point of ridiculing one another for having a differing opinion on a public forum designed exactly for the purpose of sharing those opinions?

I'd like us to be able to stay on topic just once instead of slinging handbags at each other, as per almost every other thread.

Not taking sides, just incredibly bored of it all.

***

Interesting that Fabio crashed like that, an off throttle high side. Apparently the TC isn't designed to counter closing the gas at speed. It seems to be that although the electronics seem almost otherworldly in most circumstances, occasionally the system's flaws are exposed. I expect the computer scientists will be feverishly writing a patch for that very circumstance before the next round.
Mick D and AJV80 like this.
ratdeal is offline  
 
August 25th, 2019, 01:50 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,936
Likes: 1622

I Ride: Triiumph Tiger XCx 800 + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratdeal View Post

***

Interesting that Fabio crashed like that, an off throttle high side. Apparently the TC isn't designed to counter closing the gas at speed. It seems to be that although the electronics seem almost otherworldly in most circumstances, occasionally the system's flaws are exposed. I expect the computer scientists will be feverishly writing a patch for that very circumstance before the next round.

Last edited by Keshav; August 25th, 2019 at 02:41 PM.
Keshav is offline  
August 25th, 2019, 07:52 PM   #53
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,820
Likes: 2223

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratdeal View Post
The Suzuki is magnificent into and through the turns. And with Rins on-board looking like Schwantz, neck craning through the turns, turning around to see the rider behind and almost binning it, just fantastic.

It looks like the extra horsepower HRC have cooked into the engine has robbed the bike of something on corner entry. The Honda has been very pointy these last few years, but the lack of stability gave it an advantage on the agility front. Now it just looks like it lacks stability but with no upside, very sluggish into corners. Perhaps Marc is taking a little less out of the front tyre these days too, having realised that having 20 plus crashes a season isn't the way to stay healthy.

Rossi hasn't been the same rider since his last big effort in 2015. I feel that he knew it was his last big chance and through a combination of age and desperation he imploded, the pressure just being too much. He should have let it go at that point, but he covets that 10th title. Look at how much it has cost him, a shadow of his former self chasing an unattainable dream, and tainting his previously almost flawless legacy in the process. It's always a shame to watch former giants get cut down to size by their own lack of self awareness.
I actually feel little or no rancour towards Rossi currently, my attitude is back to what it was in 2013 when he first returned to Yamaha, I think he is riding because he loves doing so while still being reasonably competitive, and seems to be refraining from off-track manipulations/character assassinations etc. The only negative is the risk of injury, hardly lessened by being 40 years old. I think his legacy will be fine in retirement, people don’t rate Jordan on his post Bulls performances, nor Montana on his career post the 49ers.

Last edited by michaelm; August 25th, 2019 at 11:23 PM.
michaelm is online now  
August 26th, 2019, 06:27 AM   #54
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2019
From: USA

Posts: 9
Likes: 4

Hate to see Miller so far back. I suspect Lorenzons placement and performance is strictly due to fear avoidance.
CrutchlowFTW is offline  
August 26th, 2019, 09:55 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Acadiana

Posts: 335
Likes: 108

I searched Youtube but couldn't find Rins overtaking Rossi. Can this be seen somewhere?
Segfault is offline  
August 26th, 2019, 12:19 PM   #56
Senior Member
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2019
From: Wales, UK

Posts: 100
Likes: 37

I Ride: A bicycle. Heehee
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I actually feel little or no rancour towards Rossi currently, my attitude is back to what it was in 2013 when he first returned to Yamaha, I think he is riding because he loves doing so while still being reasonably competitive, and seems to be refraining from off-track manipulations/character assassinations etc. The only negative is the risk of injury, hardly lessened by being 40 years old. I think his legacy will be fine in retirement, people donít rate Jordan on his post Bulls performances, nor Montana on his career post the 49ers.
I agree but I do feel that his refraining from the mind games is simply because he lacks an essential element for it to work, i.e., being VERY competitive and fighting for championships with a real chance of winning to season's end. He's 'meek' these days because he has to be.
Keshav, ratdeal, Furiosa and 1 others like this.
misfit is offline  
August 26th, 2019, 12:35 PM   #57
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Acadiana

Posts: 335
Likes: 108

In other words, he hasn't changed, his behavior is. Or put it this way, you are a pickpocket, but there is noone around. So you are not pickpocketing.
Segfault is offline  
August 26th, 2019, 03:38 PM   #58
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: London

Posts: 259
Likes: 148

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
In other words, he hasn't changed, his behavior is. Or put it this way, you are a pickpocket, but there is noone around. So you are not pickpocketing.
That suggests that when a pocket is there to be picked he'll be up to his old tricks. Thing is, pockets might arrive now and then but he's lost something through age and can't pick them like he used to.

I kinda think of him as an aging alpha chimp. He doesn't pose a danger to the younger and stronger male at the top of the pecking order anymore, so he is tolerated so long as he doesn't cause a fuss.

Last edited by ratdeal; August 26th, 2019 at 03:43 PM.
ratdeal is offline  
August 26th, 2019, 05:38 PM   #59
Senior Member
 
Barbedwirebikerr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: FNQ

Posts: 936
Likes: 698

Vinales getting some air......
Attached Thumbnails
GP of Britain.-fb_img_1566813440242.jpg  
Keshav, bluegreen and ratdeal like this.
Barbedwirebikerr is offline  
August 26th, 2019, 07:18 PM   #60
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,820
Likes: 2223

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
I searched Youtube but couldn't find Rins overtaking Rossi. Can this be seen somewhere?
I take it you donít have videopass?. Sometimes they have highlights for free on motogp.com.
michaelm is online now  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
britain



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2019 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.