MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree41Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
August 9th, 2019, 04:49 PM   #11
Member
 
Repsol 93's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: SoCal

Posts: 73
Likes: 25

I Ride: 2008 CBR1000RR and 1995 CR500
Dovi to factory Yamaha
Horhay to factory Ducati
Maverick to HRC
Marquez to a 7th MotoGP championship
Repsol 93 is offline  
 
August 10th, 2019, 03:52 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Deefer Dogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: UK

Posts: 328
Likes: 196

Interesting from Neil Hodgson on BTSport.

Dovi and Gigi have a big fallout regarding redesign of the Ducati and are hardly speaking now.
No one wants Jorge back at Ducati, apart from Gigi. Gigi doing everything he can to bring him back to prove Dovi wrong.

Been mentioned a few times in TV coverage as well, this is all going to depend on how difficult HRC are going to be re. Lorenzo's contract. If they decide he is staying just to stop him riding for other teams, he'll be staying.
Deefer Dogg is offline  
August 10th, 2019, 04:49 AM   #13
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,719
Likes: 2190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deefer Dogg View Post
Interesting from Neil Hodgson on BTSport.

Dovi and Gigi have a big fallout regarding redesign of the Ducati and are hardly speaking now.
No one wants Jorge back at Ducati, apart from Gigi. Gigi doing everything he can to bring him back to prove Dovi wrong.

Been mentioned a few times in TV coverage as well, this is all going to depend on how difficult HRC are going to be re. Lorenzo's contract. If they decide he is staying just to stop him riding for other teams, he'll be staying.
The best of luck to Dovi and Ducati as far as finding a different engineer to design a bike on which Dovi can win a world title.
michaelm is offline  
August 10th, 2019, 05:00 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Deefer Dogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: UK

Posts: 328
Likes: 196

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
The best of luck to Dovi and Ducati as far as finding a different engineer to design a bike on which Dovi can win a world title.
Think this is the reason the possibility of a return for Jorge exists. Gigi is the only one with the influence to make it happen.
Deefer Dogg is offline  
August 11th, 2019, 12:03 AM   #15
Member
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2019
From: Wales, UK

Posts: 57
Likes: 19

I Ride: A bicycle. Heehee
Lorenzo to see out his MotoGP deal with Honda.

I'm happy to see that he will persevere and I certainly hope that he'll manage to tame this beast of a Honda.
misfit is online now  
August 12th, 2019, 03:59 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
lilholtrr's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2018
From: Florida

Posts: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Lorenzo to see out his MotoGP deal with Honda.

I'm happy to see that he will persevere and I certainly hope that he'll manage to tame this beast of a Honda.
its a bummer he has been out a while as he had a glimpse of progress there for a minute. I imagine like the Ducati ride he will get it sorted out toward the end of year two but hopefully sooner.
lilholtrr is offline  
August 12th, 2019, 04:04 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Acadiana

Posts: 279
Likes: 105

Don't know, at Ducati it seems he pushed the engineers enough to turn the Ducati at least partially into a Yamaha. Honda have declared so far they are focusing on Marc. Sounds like no Yamaha building for Lorenzo at Honda.
Segfault is offline  
August 12th, 2019, 05:46 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,795
Likes: 1562

I Ride: DRZ400sm + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
Don't know, at Ducati it seems he pushed the engineers enough to turn the Ducati at least partially into a Yamaha. Honda have declared so far they are focusing on Marc. Sounds like no Yamaha building for Lorenzo at Honda.
No new bike. But rumor has it that Alpinestars is developing a Lorenzo limited edition set of leathers with sophisticated electronics that sense when he gets ejected from the bike and instantly turns into a full body cast and dispenses lollipops.
Keshav is offline  
August 13th, 2019, 04:16 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,719
Likes: 2190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
No new bike. But rumor has it that Alpinestars is developing a Lorenzo limited edition set of leathers with sophisticated electronics that sense when he gets ejected from the bike and instantly turns into a full body cast and dispenses lollipops.
He has 5 more titles than you have, and 4 more than Dovi including the 3 premier class titles, with Dovi scarcely more likely to win one of the latter than you are.
michaelm is offline  
August 13th, 2019, 05:35 AM   #20
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,678
Likes: 681

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
He has 5 more titles than you have, and 4 more than Dovi including the 3 premier class titles, with Dovi scarcely more likely to win one of the latter than you are.
That last sentence points out the horrible nature of being a sportsmen Dovi is better than everybody but letís say 10 people currently living will or have ever been but he has barely anymore chance of winning a motogp title at the other 6 or 7 billion people in the world.
Keshav and bluegreen like this.
p4p1 is online now  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
ducati, lorenzo, satellite



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
lorenzo to leave ducati? mark419ny MotoGP 174 May 7th, 2017 06:26 PM
Lorenzo speaks out on the Ducati JKant MotoGP 16 May 3rd, 2017 01:31 AM
Yamaha: Why Lorenzo won't test twice for Ducati moto vudu MotoGP 214 November 4th, 2016 12:28 AM
FINALLY CONFIRMED!! Ducati Welcome Lorenzo #22 MotoGP 556 June 7th, 2016 01:36 AM
Lorenzo to Ducati! ROCKGOD01 MotoGP 197 September 14th, 2009 09:18 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2019 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.