MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree56Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
July 7th, 2019, 08:25 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Barbedwirebikerr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: FNQ

Posts: 926
Likes: 694

I Ride: DRZ400E
Quote:
Originally Posted by imunderandoverit View Post
Marc wasnt even gonna be in motogp in 2013 if stoner had stayed. What team would he have signed for? Stoner could ride anything. Even when the ducati was turning into shit, he delivered. Same with marc on honda. Still wanna see him in another team, like rossi, lorenzo and stoner. Marc in ducati for 2021 maybe? We have rins tho, shame he crashed at assen and sachsen. he is doing some real magic on the suzuki. I have him finishing 2nd in the championship.
Honda would have him on a satellite bike or a three rider team. He was going to be there either way.
Barbedwirebikerr is offline  
 
July 8th, 2019, 09:04 AM   #32
Member
 
Repsol 93's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: SoCal

Posts: 77
Likes: 25

I Ride: 2008 CBR1000RR and 1995 CR500
Quote:
Originally Posted by imunderandoverit View Post
Marc wasnt even gonna be in motogp in 2013 if stoner had stayed.
Name:  spitwater.gif
Views: 79
Size:  6.2 KB

Quote:
Originally Posted by imunderandoverit View Post
What team would he have signed for?
HRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by imunderandoverit View Post
Stoner could ride anything.
Anybody can ride anything. All that matters is where you finish. How'd he do on the LCR Honda?
Repsol 93 is offline  
July 8th, 2019, 09:31 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,840
Likes: 1580

I Ride: DRZ400sm + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol 93 View Post
Attachment 12827



HRC



Anybody can ride anything. All that matters is where you finish. How'd he do on the LCR Honda?
This is irrelevant. Stoner was on the LCR during the Saturday night special era - and being on a sattelite team - they got fucked over by Michelin every time. Newbie Stoner had zero say over which tires he got and Michelin constantly gave him mismatched, out-of-date or totally inappropriate tires. That he managed to do as well as he did was pretty amazing.
Keshav is offline  
July 8th, 2019, 10:16 AM   #34
Member
 
Repsol 93's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: SoCal

Posts: 77
Likes: 25

I Ride: 2008 CBR1000RR and 1995 CR500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
This is irrelevant. Stoner was on the LCR during the Saturday night special era - and being on a sattelite team - they got fucked over by Michelin every time. Newbie Stoner had zero say over which tires he got and Michelin constantly gave him mismatched, out-of-date or totally inappropriate tires. That he managed to do as well as he did was pretty amazing.

Sure thing, chief. The guy didn't acquire the name Crashy for nothing. "bu...bu...but he can ride anything!"
Repsol 93 is offline  
July 8th, 2019, 10:55 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
MichaelBolton's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2015
From: Spain

Posts: 101
Likes: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol 93 View Post
Sure thing, chief. The guy didn't acquire the name Crashy for nothing. "bu...bu...but he can ride anything!"
if you didn't learn anything from the valeban: you don't have to demean other riders' accomplishments to defend your own.

signed, a Marc fan.
Gaz, Keshav, RCV600RR and 5 others like this.
MichaelBolton is online now  
July 8th, 2019, 11:22 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,692
Likes: 691

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBolton View Post
if you didn't learn anything from the valeban: you don't have to demean other riders' accomplishments to defend your own.

signed, a Marc fan.
X2
Gaz and MagicMarc93 like this.
p4p1 is offline  
July 8th, 2019, 11:26 PM   #37
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2019
From: GB

Posts: 95
Likes: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
X2
X3

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
Gaz likes this.
MagicMarc93 is offline  
July 8th, 2019, 11:29 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,692
Likes: 691

Honda probably would have dropped Pedrosa if Stoner hadn’t retired. Marquez gives them the spanish rider Repsol want and both Marquez and Stoner are undeniably better than Pedrosa.
p4p1 is offline  
July 8th, 2019, 11:56 PM   #39
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,725
Likes: 2136

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol 93 View Post
Anybody can ride anything. All that matters is where you finish. How'd he do on the LCR Honda?
Actually he did quite well and finished second best rookie behind some dude who was on a factory bike (to save you the googling - Pedrosa is his name) whilst Stoner was on a non-factory bike with a team that was in it's first year of MotoGP, so all up it was a good year for him.

In fact, he got a pole and a second that year to finish 8th in the title chase despite the crashes (6xDNF and 1xDNS from 17 races) on what were regarded as 'take them or leave them' tyres that did not suit the riding style or bike and then led to your following post which is actually incorrect as the nickname was 'rolling stoner' not 'crashy'.

Mind you, this dude that crashed all the time did go on to win a few races, a couple of world titles and to annoy oh so many 'fans' with these results.

More to the point he is still seen and considered today in such reverence as the sheer magnitude of what he was able to do on a bike is being revealed based on what other cannot and could not achieve, but by all means live in your world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol 93 View Post
Sure thing, chief. The guy didn't acquire the name Crashy for nothing. "bu...bu...but he can ride anything!"
Keshav, RCV600RR, gekko1ro and 4 others like this.

Last edited by Gaz; July 8th, 2019 at 11:59 PM.
Gaz is offline  
July 9th, 2019, 07:54 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,575
Likes: 479

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Actually he did quite well and finished second best rookie behind some dude who was on a factory bike (to save you the googling - Pedrosa is his name) whilst Stoner was on a non-factory bike with a team that was in it's first year of MotoGP, so all up it was a good year for him.

In fact, he got a pole and a second that year to finish 8th in the title chase despite the crashes (6xDNF and 1xDNS from 17 races) on what were regarded as 'take them or leave them' tyres that did not suit the riding style or bike and then led to your following post which is actually incorrect as the nickname was 'rolling stoner' not 'crashy'.

Mind you, this dude that crashed all the time did go on to win a few races, a couple of world titles and to annoy oh so many 'fans' with these results.

More to the point he is still seen and considered today in such reverence as the sheer magnitude of what he was able to do on a bike is being revealed based on what other cannot and could not achieve, but by all means live in your world.
Pole at his second race too, and narrowly missed out on the win in the next race.
Gaz, Keshav and MagicMarc93 like this.
RCV600RR is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
sashsenring



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2019 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.