MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
June 28th, 2019, 01:17 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: Scotland

Posts: 224
Likes: 137

Silverstone Ticket Extras

My work have said they will pay for tickets for me and my partner for the MotoGP at Silverstone. Pretty amazing! I assume they mean entry tickets only. Can I buy extras and add on to it, like paddock pass, or anything even remotely exciting? Not that the whole fricking thing isn't exciting!
I think we'll be travelling down on the Friday, stay Fri, Sat and prob Sun night then back up the road.
Furiosa is offline  
 
June 28th, 2019, 03:46 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Barbedwirebikerr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: FNQ

Posts: 1,022
Likes: 785

I Ride: WR450
Best find out what the boss is prepared to pay for, then if you want extras, contribute to them the extra funds if required.

Lucky you. Good boss. Hope you enjoy the meet.
Barbedwirebikerr is offline  
July 1st, 2019, 02:14 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: Scotland

Posts: 224
Likes: 137

I've said thanks but no thanks. In a nicer way than that, but essentially that.

It's going to cost me an extra 2k or so. Thought about the deluxe package as I don't want to spend hours queueing to get in and out. Nearly bought it for about 1600 for the 2 of us, then realised how stupid I was being. Today it's sold out so no more stressing over what to do.

The ticket cost is nothing compared to the cost of the rest of the weekend.

I have enough other stresses and driving 1000 miles round trip I could probably do without.
Furiosa is offline  
August 11th, 2021, 12:00 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Wales

Posts: 7

Hey all,
I'm thinking of going to the British MotoGP at Silverstone in a few weeks time.
From those that have been before I'm wondering how the different areas stack up as a viewing experience?

I'm only planning to go on the Sunday.
Are the general admission tickets OK? Or would you recommend paying extra to go in the stands? If so, which one?

Tickets are still available in most areas -

Abbey - 105.00
Becketts - 120.00
Club Corner - 120.00
Copse A - KTM Fan Stand - 145.00
Copse B - VR46 Fan Stand - Sold Out
Copse C - VR46 Fan Stand - 155.00
Luffield - 155.00
Luffield - Ducati Fan Stand - 155.00
National Pits Straight - 155.00
Village A - Marc Marquez Fan Stand - 110.00
Village B - 120.00
Woodcote A - Sold Out
Woodcote B - 155.00

I don't have any particular affliation to any particular manufacturer or rider.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

bb69
billybob69 is offline  
August 11th, 2021, 12:58 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Pomona NY

Posts: 10,527
Likes: 1942

I Ride: BMW F800R + 511-SMR + Husky 701sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furiosa View Post
My work have said they will pay for tickets for me and my partner for the MotoGP at Silverstone. Pretty amazing! I assume they mean entry tickets only. Can I buy extras and add on to it, like paddock pass, or anything even remotely exciting? Not that the whole fricking thing isn't exciting!
I think we'll be travelling down on the Friday, stay Fri, Sat and prob Sun night then back up the road.
I've been lurking the site to see when tickets have become available and initially it looked they were only selling tickets for the grandstands. In the stands is okay during the race itself, but in between races and practice events its nice to going into the VIP lounge, out of the hot sun and away from the noise and the crowds, and they always have great food. And you can drift around the paddock to visit the different brand hospitality suites.

But after reading your post I did a search and it appears they ARE selling VIP passes for COTA! Not cheap. 1,350.00 Euros. But hey, you really do only live once.

Last edited by Keshav; August 12th, 2021 at 12:29 PM.
Keshav is offline  
August 11th, 2021, 07:45 PM   #6
Banned Camp
 
Albert Tatlock's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Telly

Posts: 178
Likes: 40

I Ride: Half a stout
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
I've been lurking the site to see when tickets have become available and initially it looked they were only selling tickets for the grandstands. In the stands is okay during the race itself, but in between races and practice events its nice to going into the VIP lounge, out of the hot sun and away from the noise and the crowds, and they always have great food. And you can drift around the paddock to visit the different brand hospitality suites.

But after reading your post I did a search and it appears they ARE selling VIP passed for COTA! Not cheap. 1,350.00 Euros. But hey, you really do only live once.
Hot sun lol

It's the UK you tosser
Albert Tatlock is offline  
August 12th, 2021, 01:08 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2019
From: Barcelona

Posts: 182
Likes: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock View Post
Hot sun lol

It's the UK you tosser

Why all this animosity?
320Dave is offline  
August 12th, 2021, 03:55 AM   #8
Member
 
Joined: Jul 2008
From: South East

Posts: 36
Likes: 1

Bought my ticket last night. Went for the Beckets option, worked for me when I last went.
Beckets is fairly quick, and last time you could see the corners just after the start.

If not too late - regarding extras, at time of purchase, you can prebook parking or park and ride (at circuit bike parking is free but prebook - but two up from Scotland has issues). About the only other thing is a program.
billybob69 likes this.
expatal is offline  
August 12th, 2021, 11:59 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jan 2018
From: Wales

Posts: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatal View Post
Bought my ticket last night. Went for the Beckets option, worked for me when I last went.
Beckets is fairly quick, and last time you could see the corners just after the start.

If not too late - regarding extras, at time of purchase, you can prebook parking or park and ride (at circuit bike parking is free but prebook - but two up from Scotland has issues). About the only other thing is a program.
Thanks for the reply.
Having no knowledge of the track I was looking at Becketts :-) Or maybe Village B.

Yeah I will be driving and likely park at the M40 park and ride (Turweston Airfield).
Do you know generally what is the traffic like getting to and from the park and ride to the track? Do you think that getting to the park and ride at say 11am would be cutting it fine for 1pm start?
billybob69 is offline  
August 12th, 2021, 12:28 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Little Walter's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Stratosphere

Posts: 833
Likes: 379

I Ride: Whatever I can steal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
I've been lurking the site to see when tickets have become available and initially it looked they were only selling tickets for the grandstands. In the stands is okay during the race itself, but in between races and practice events its nice to going into the VIP lounge, out of the hot sun and away from the noise and the crowds, and they always have great food. And you can drift around the paddock to visit the different brand hospitality suites.

But after reading your post I did a search and it appears they ARE selling VIP passes for COTA! Not cheap. 1,350.00 Euros. But hey, you really do only live once.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock View Post
Hot sun lol

It's the UK you tosser
So, Circuit Of The Americas has been moved to the UK. Interesting. Wait until the the folks in Austin find out.

At what uni did you attain your high level of reading comprehension? Lamebridge? Troll School Under The A4 Bypass? Royal Military Academy at Spamhurst? University of Oxfart? Pikey Tech? Imperial College for Gimps?

Last edited by Little Walter; August 12th, 2021 at 06:00 PM.
Little Walter is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
extras, silverstone, ticket



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone else waiting for your e-Ticket? nmesparrow MotoGP 10 November 3rd, 2016 06:26 AM
Silverstone extras Goatboy MotoGP 4 April 21st, 2010 11:20 PM
PI Ticket sales up 400%! BEN MotoGP 11 September 22nd, 2007 12:39 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2021 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.