MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree32Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
June 7th, 2019, 12:09 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Italy

Posts: 681
Likes: 537

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 996bp View Post
Bloody long winded though

But ain't we here for reading, after all?
Holypuck is offline  
 
June 7th, 2019, 12:39 PM   #22
Member
 
Joined: May 2019
From: Mansfield UK

Posts: 46
Likes: 1

I Ride: Honda z50r with my grandkids
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
But ain't we here for reading, after all?

Touche mon ami
996bp is offline  
June 7th, 2019, 12:49 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,857
Likes: 331

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
Just a funny thread to chat as there is no racing this weekend.

As simple as that: who is the one rider that you root for in the 2019 motoGP roster, if you can name one guy only? Doesn't matter how far behind in the standings they might be.

Additional Moto2 and Moto3 mentions would be also interesting.

And if you feel like, share the reason. I'd love to read any story that "brought" someone to be a fan of that one guy specifically
MotoGP Oliveira.
Moto2 B Binder.
Moto3 McPhee.

They are all learning the MM get the legs/arms/combo's out.
Plus Oliveira as I got an email from him

Last edited by Theo; June 7th, 2019 at 12:55 PM.
Theo is offline  
June 7th, 2019, 03:09 PM   #24
Member
 
misfit's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2019
From: Wales, UK

Posts: 81
Likes: 36

I Ride: A bicycle. Heehee
I find myself looking out to see how Dovi and Rins are doing each race and wince if they're more down the order than expected.
misfit is offline  
June 8th, 2019, 03:29 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,707
Likes: 700

Marquez fan here. With no Stoner there was no Aussie to cheer for that had a chance and it was easy to cheer for the rookie who was showing up the established stars.
Always going for Jack.
Becoming a fan of Rins.
Fan of Zarco, havenít seen much of him this year though.
I like Lorenzo, not sure why. Maybe because heís public enemy #2.

Speaking of Lorenzo, his results at both Honda and Ducati make me wonder how much of his and Rossiís results were down to a brilliant bike? Lorenzo obviously got the Ducati working for him but by that stage it was the best bike on the grid. With honda itís taken the exceptional talent of Stoner and Marquez to consistently win on the bike.

The other thing I had thought of is Honda has now sorted its biggest issue which was acceleration out of the corner. Ducati has always had that nailed, Yamaha were strong in that area when Lorenzo was there, so I wonder how much if any of Hondaís improvement in that area are because of his input.
p4p1 is offline  
June 10th, 2019, 01:12 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Italy

Posts: 681
Likes: 537

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Oh I forgot to put my Moto2 and Moto3 people.

As easy as it gets:

Moto3: Andrea Migno (not the fastest cat in the class, but the coolest by far. I had several beers with him through the years ).

Moto2: Fabio Di Giannantonio (same reasons as above but without any beers had together, yet).



My non-Italian preferences would be Tatsuki Suzuki in Moto3 and Remi Gardner in Moto2.

Last edited by Holypuck; June 10th, 2019 at 01:14 AM.
Holypuck is offline  
June 10th, 2019, 02:26 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,768
Likes: 2208

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
Marquez fan here. With no Stoner there was no Aussie to cheer for that had a chance and it was easy to cheer for the rookie who was showing up the established stars.
Always going for Jack.
Becoming a fan of Rins.
Fan of Zarco, haven’t seen much of him this year though.
I like Lorenzo, not sure why. Maybe because he’s public enemy #2.

Speaking of Lorenzo, his results at both Honda and Ducati make me wonder how much of his and Rossi’s results were down to a brilliant bike? Lorenzo obviously got the Ducati working for him but by that stage it was the best bike on the grid. With honda it’s taken the exceptional talent of Stoner and Marquez to consistently win on the bike.

The other thing I had thought of is Honda has now sorted its biggest issue which was acceleration out of the corner. Ducati has always had that nailed, Yamaha were strong in that area when Lorenzo was there, so I wonder how much if any of Honda’s improvement in that area are because of his input.
I go for Jack for the same reasons you do, although one wonders if he will though fast always be too erratic, and Lorenzo, because I admired his grit pretty much against the odds in his defence of his first two premier class titles, and because he is the guy who beat Stoner in 2012. Respect MM for his awesome talent and drive, and for standing up so manfully to what destroyed several other world class riders, but great though he is still found Stoner, perhaps at least partly for reasons of petty nationalism, more aesthetically pleasing/spectacular to watch. I would have been happy to watch Stoner lap PI on the limit on his own all day.

I am something of a Rins partisan as well, particularly given he is on a Suzuki.
michaelm is online now  
June 10th, 2019, 02:34 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,768
Likes: 2208

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
Marquez fan here. With no Stoner there was no Aussie to cheer for that had a chance and it was easy to cheer for the rookie who was showing up the established stars.
Always going for Jack.
Becoming a fan of Rins.
Fan of Zarco, havenít seen much of him this year though.
I like Lorenzo, not sure why. Maybe because heís public enemy #2.

Speaking of Lorenzo, his results at both Honda and Ducati make me wonder how much of his and Rossiís results were down to a brilliant bike? Lorenzo obviously got the Ducati working for him but by that stage it was the best bike on the grid. With honda itís taken the exceptional talent of Stoner and Marquez to consistently win on the bike.

The other thing I had thought of is Honda has now sorted its biggest issue which was acceleration out of the corner. Ducati has always had that nailed, Yamaha were strong in that area when Lorenzo was there, so I wonder how much if any of Hondaís improvement in that area are because of his input.
One does wonder how much Lorenzo contributed to both the Yamaha and the recent Ducati, and perhaps even to the current Honda as you say. I see MM as more of a ride around problems guy rather than a Lawson who tamed the vicious golden era Honda 500 or Doohan-like guy. Allowing for my bias, I think Stoner had reasonable input into the bike he had for his first two premier class titles, including that second absolutely dominant title.
michaelm is online now  
June 26th, 2019, 10:36 PM   #29
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2019
From: Colchester, England

Posts: 2

GP: Cal Crutchlow
Moto2: Sam Lowes
Moto3: John McPhee

You are probably sensing a theme there.
I Just tend to support my fellow brits in anything.
Honorable mention has to go to Valentino Rossi though.
Chroffy is offline  
June 27th, 2019, 03:24 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: England

Posts: 1,410
Likes: 679

GP: Cal, I like his "fuck you" attitude and the fact he pisses loads of people off.
Moto2: Tom Luthi, don't know why but I've been a fan of his since the 125cc days

Can't say I have a favourite in Moto3, I like a few of them.
AntG is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
beer, chat, dovi, marquez, root



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2019 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.