MotoGP Forum

MotoGP Forum (http://motogpforum.com/motogp-racing-forums.php)
-   MotoGP (http://motogpforum.com/motogp/)
-   -   Lorenzo (http://motogpforum.com/motogp/25021-lorenzo.html)

misfit June 4th, 2019 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holypuck (Post 461060)
Call me crazy but IMHO on the right bike they would both still be capable of winning a race every now and then, on certain tracks. Especially Jorge.

It does seem the flavour of the month to talk down Rossi and JLo. I fully agree with you and would add that it's more than now and then that they would win. Dovi is not the next in line in terms of capability on track. I'm not convinced he's better than JLo or Rossi for that matter. I don't think he's that good though I really like him.

Theo June 4th, 2019 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfit (Post 461065)
It does seem the flavour of the month to talk down Rossi and JLo. I fully agree with you and would add that it's more than now and then that they would win. Dovi is not the next in line in terms of capability on track. I'm not convinced he's better than JLo or Rossi for that matter. I don't think he's that good though I really like him.

In think Dovi's problem is he fact when he hits front a switch turns off and he goes into tyre saving mode, could be why IMO he will never win a championship in this class, but yes he's a likeable guy, just no killer instinct.

Hollywood June 4th, 2019 09:47 AM

I think Dovi's strategy has a lot to do with tires, he wants to save as much tire as he can to battle it out, he's one of the best at gaining a position back immediately after loosing it. I think if Dovi could start races on the Hard/Hard compounds he would try to check out from the field, but his qualifying has been shit, and that forces him to start with mediums to battle early.

Holypuck June 4th, 2019 10:43 AM

As I'm always happy to state, and as much as I'm still stoked for Petrux, I'm a huge Dovi fan. Followed his whole career. Each time I was lucky enough to have quick talks with him at races or at the Italian motor shows he made me even more of a fan. Super polite and kind person and more importantly a very down to earth guy.

But I have to agree with Misfit when he says that JL and VR are better riders overall (and the amount of titles they won proves it, imho) and with Theo on his statement: most times he lacks the killer instinct indeed. On the other hand tho, he can be very brilliant with strategies and such.

I guess your favorite rider is like your football team tho. You are supposed to follow them in the good and in the "bad" things/moments :D

misfit June 4th, 2019 11:59 AM

Dovi is one of my favourites as well. Very nice fellow. I was really hoping he would take the 2017 title since it would have likely been his only chance. Though he has a good head and excellent racecraft, he lacks that little extra pace. He also seems to be quite sensitive to setup and conditions so he will be there on one weekend and nowhere on another.

The really fast and successful riders tend to be more ruthless and erm selfish. IMO, Stoner was a notable exception, but he bailed out quickly because he couldn't take the 'circus' anymore.

MagicMarc93 June 4th, 2019 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holypuck (Post 461069)
As I'm always happy to state, and as much as I'm still stoked for Petrux, I'm a huge Dovi fan. Followed his whole career. Each time I was lucky enough to have quick talks with him at races or at the Italian motor shows he made me even more of a fan. Super polite and kind person and more importantly a very down to earth guy.

But I have to agree with Misfit when he says that JL and VR are better riders overall (and the amount of titles they won proves it, imho) and with Theo on his statement: most times he lacks the killer instinct indeed. On the other hand tho, he can be very brilliant with strategies and such.

I guess your favorite rider is like your football team tho. You are supposed to follow them in the good and in the "bad" things/moments :D

He does come across like that on TV. Actually despite Lorenzo's poor public image he's really good to talk to as well, chatted briefly to him several times over the years.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Hollywood June 4th, 2019 01:07 PM

Dovi should be an automatic Q2 qualifier at every round of the championship, though for some reason his side a the garage is never focused on this, almost as if they are over thinking the set up.

misfit June 4th, 2019 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hollywood (Post 461074)
Dovi should be an automatic Q2 qualifier at every round of the championship, though for some reason his side a the garage is never focused on this, almost as if they are over thinking the set up.

It just struck me, but I can't think of any other rider than Marquez who is always qualifying at the front. All the others tend to be up and down. I'm not sure if it's the tires. But it's amazing how Marquez tends to make it on the front row. Dovi is being sometime'ish like the others.

MagicMarc93 June 4th, 2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfit (Post 461075)
It just struck me, but I can't think of any other rider than Marquez who is always qualifying at the front. All the others tend to be up and down. I'm not sure if it's the tires. But it's amazing how Marquez tends to make it on the front row. Dovi is being sometime'ish like the others.

It's called "Being the best ever".

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

darkkakashi June 4th, 2019 10:28 PM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lYkJijQCc2Q


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:59 AM.

Copyright © 2005-2020 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.