MotoGP Forum

MotoGP Forum (http://motogpforum.com/motogp-racing-forums.php)
-   MotoGP (http://motogpforum.com/motogp/)
-   -   Lorenzo (http://motogpforum.com/motogp/25021-lorenzo.html)

misfit June 18th, 2019 07:56 AM

I think there's a lot of thinking on hindsight here. I was not part of this forum before season's start but the general buzz when Lorenzo signed with Honda was very positive.

evo9 June 18th, 2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segfault (Post 461334)
Lorenzo back to Ducati? :rolleyes:

Be careful with that> https://www.gpone.com/en/2019/06/17/...han-rossi.html

Segfault June 18th, 2019 09:49 AM

See now, I'm not alone ...

evo9 June 18th, 2019 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Holypuck (Post 461361)
You are not crazy, you are right.

Let's see what happens next.

About Rossi: he really was a class act towards Lorenzo yesterday, which I did not expect but appreciated. He even got mad at an Italian journalist on live TV as he was trying to ask him questions to make him say something negative against JL. He just told him to cut the shit, that there's no beef to be had between him and JL as these things happen.

There is an old saying that goes like this: “With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone.”

by Oscar Wilde

Rossi seems to have drifter away from the latter this year. Lets hope he stays on path and accept life as it evolves

ratdeal June 18th, 2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfit (Post 461375)
I think there's a lot of thinking on hindsight here. I was not part of this forum before season's start but the general buzz when Lorenzo signed with Honda was very positive.

And in my opinion quite rightly. Honda got an Alien for a paltry €4,000,000 a year (Ducati €12,500,000).

Not only that but he had proven before his Aragon highside last year that he was still the Lorenzo of old on a bike they said he couldn't ride, when he pulled off a characteristic domination of Mugello around the time Ducati made it clear he was surplus to requirements.

There is no doubt in my mind that he will be on the pace by seasons end. Whether he will have the consistency to challenge Marc is another question entirely and I'm not confident Lorenzo can show that kind of podium frequency over an entire season.

ratdeal June 18th, 2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evo9 (Post 461376)

Ah the Flavio Briatore of Motogp pipes up once again. Carlo Pernat I always take with a pinch of salt. Anyone that has riders under management (Iannone) has an agenda, and therefore shouldn't be taken too seriously.

misfit June 18th, 2019 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evo9 (Post 461378)
There is an old saying that goes like this: “With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone.”

by Oscar Wilde

Rossi seems to have drifter away from the latter this year. Lets hope he stays on path and accept life as it evolves

There's no doubt he's mellowing and I think 2015's events had a lot to do with this.

Dovi, in his characteristic wisdom, did comment on this about Rossi in that he had to change his mindset to continue competing in the sport among the new 'guard'. He needed to and has understood that he's not at the centre anymore and he can't behave in the same way as before. It will not work.

evo9 June 18th, 2019 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ratdeal (Post 461380)
Ah the Flavio Briatore of Motogp pipes up once again. Carlo Pernat I always take with a pinch of salt. Anyone that has riders under management (Iannone) has an agenda, and therefore shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Pernat = National Enquirer

Segfault June 18th, 2019 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evo9 (Post 461378)
There is an old saying that goes like this: “With age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone.”

by Oscar Wilde

Rossi seems to have drifter away from the latter this year. Lets hope he stays on path and accept life as it evolves

I think it it has dawned to Rossi he will not get that elusive 10th.

I have to disagree with your diagnosis. Mine is as follows: Ah, now I have a nice excuse dropping out of championship. Why not earn a little credits as a nice guy and not to point the finger at Lorenzo.
And guess what, I see people falling for it, even here. :cold:

ratdeal June 18th, 2019 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Segfault (Post 461383)
I think it it has dawned to Rossi he will not get that elusive 10th.

I have to disagree with your diagnosis. Mine is as follows: Ah, now I have a nice excuse dropping out of championship. Why not earn a little credits as a nice guy and not to point the finger at Lorenzo.
And guess what, I see people falling for it, even here. :cold:

If he didn't think he could win a tenth title he would not contest the championship.

He's weighing up the risk reward ratio and clearly believes any potential reputational damage is outweighed by his chances of winning another title.

All of this is dependent on Yamaha working out the wrinkles and if he didn't believe they could provide him with a winning bike eventually, he wouldn't line up on the grid.

To think otherwise is either misguided, misinformed or moronic.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 08:48 AM.

Copyright © 2005-2020 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.