MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree42Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
May 4th, 2019, 10:55 AM   #71
Member
 
gbphantom's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
From: Stars & Bars

Posts: 39
Likes: 30

I would certainly say one qualifying session surely doesn't prove or disprove your point. Jerez has historically been very kind to the Yamaha package. Zarco was second last year and was nowhere for be found most of the rest of the season. I don't think they will be able to make that position last with Marc and their tire consumption issues.
gui22a likes this.
gbphantom is offline  
 
May 6th, 2019, 12:03 AM   #72
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2019
From: GB

Posts: 88
Likes: 15

Well the chequered flag is down and I absolutely stand behind my statement. Fabio had bad luck, Mav on the podium, Rossi from 13th to 6th. That Yamaha is working just fine. Only Marc's insane talent puts that Honda on the top step week in week out.


Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
MagicMarc93 is offline  
May 6th, 2019, 02:33 AM   #73
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Italy

Posts: 677
Likes: 531

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMarc93 View Post
@ holypuck...gbphsntom..etc etc...I think Fabio and Franco have pretty much proved my point.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Here's all I think about it mate:

Yamaha is currently the 4th bike in order of competitiveness, behind (obviously) Honda, Ducati and Suzuki.

Zarco's results on the KTM are poor mainly (but not exclusively) because of his style being very smooth and the KTM (in addition of not being a competitive bike as of now) is too "nervous" for him.

Peace
Keshav, RCV600RR and AJV80 like this.
Holypuck is offline  
May 6th, 2019, 05:33 AM   #74
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2019
From: GB

Posts: 88
Likes: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
Here's all I think about it mate:

Yamaha is currently the 4th bike in order of competitiveness, behind (obviously) Honda, Ducati and Suzuki.

Zarco's results on the KTM are poor mainly (but not exclusively) because of his style being very smooth and the KTM (in addition of not being a competitive bike as of now) is too "nervous" for him.

Peace
Struggling to agree at all with any of that... But peace out nevertheless.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
MagicMarc93 is offline  
May 6th, 2019, 08:13 AM   #75
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Italy

Posts: 677
Likes: 531

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMarc93 View Post
Struggling to agree at all with any of that... But peace out nevertheless.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

I see, but why?
Holypuck is offline  
May 6th, 2019, 09:08 AM   #76
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2019
From: GB

Posts: 88
Likes: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
I see, but why?
Well Mav said post race it's a bad track for him and the M1 but collectively they got 3 bikes in the top 5 during qualifying, a podium and had it not been for a breakdown quite possibly 2 bikes on the podium. Pretty good for one of their "bad" tracks.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
MagicMarc93 is offline  
May 6th, 2019, 10:19 AM   #77
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,744
Likes: 1530

I Ride: DRZ400sm + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMarc93 View Post
Well Mav said post race it's a bad track for him and the M1 but collectively they got 3 bikes in the top 5 during qualifying, a podium and had it not been for a breakdown quite possibly 2 bikes on the podium. Pretty good for one of their "bad" tracks.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
I predicted the satellite Yams would not be on the podium. Factory Yamahas w more experienced riders have been experiencing tire woes at end of race with tedious regularity these last two years. No way a couple of new kids on last year’s bikes were finishing on the podium.
Keshav is offline  
May 6th, 2019, 11:42 AM   #78
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2019
From: GB

Posts: 88
Likes: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
I predicted the satellite Yams would not be on the podium. Factory Yamahas w more experienced riders have been experiencing tire woes at end of race with tedious regularity these last two years. No way a couple of new kids on last year’s bikes were finishing on the podium.
Hmmm...that gearbox issue is all that prevented FB20 from getting on the podium. He's smashed the lap record again today and topped testing. All this on the lowest spec M1 on the grid, with 500 rpm knocked off it. Can only imagine what he'd be capable of on Rossi' s bike.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
MagicMarc93 is offline  
May 6th, 2019, 01:38 PM   #79
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,744
Likes: 1530

I Ride: DRZ400sm + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMarc93 View Post
Hmmm...that gearbox issue is all that prevented FB20 from getting on the podium. He's smashed the lap record again today and topped testing. All this on the lowest spec M1 on the grid, with 500 rpm knocked off it. Can only imagine what he'd be capable of on Rossi' s bike.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
You still don't get that one hot lap is not the same as running at race pace for 21 laps. Against more experienced riders - on full factory bikes. If you don't understand that you're immune to basic deductive logic.
RCV600RR likes this.
Keshav is offline  
May 6th, 2019, 01:47 PM   #80
Member
 
Joined: Apr 2019
From: GB

Posts: 88
Likes: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
You still don't get that one hot lap is not the same as running at race pace for 21 laps. Against more experienced riders - on full factory bikes. If you don't understand that you're immune to basic deductive logic.
Fabio ran alot of scorching hot laps before his technical problem...just saying.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
MagicMarc93 is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
bike, ktm, problem, zarco



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ZARCO RossiSucchia MotoGP 406 June 5th, 2018 07:54 PM
Predictions: Where will Zarco go next? Little Walter MotoGP 188 May 3rd, 2018 12:12 PM
Johann Zarco pyeman MotoGP 29 June 5th, 2016 02:04 PM
Zarco celebrates Gaz Moto2 4 January 22nd, 2016 01:52 AM
Zarco 2015 WC. Dr No Moto2 6 October 10th, 2015 08:57 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2019 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.