MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree18Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 6th, 2019, 08:33 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: London

Posts: 194
Likes: 117

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I thought KTM offered Zarco more money???

as for Aprilia vs KTM, right now Aprilia is doing more with less.

when you think about KTM they have a 2 teams (4 bikes) and a testing program which is essentially a 3rd team with quality riders, they should be miles ahead of where they are.
Agreed, but their unfocused development frenzy seems to be the issue.
ratdeal is offline  
 
April 6th, 2019, 12:29 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: USA

Posts: 534
Likes: 185

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratdeal View Post
Agreed, but their unfocused development frenzy seems to be the issue.
and with a company like KTM with hundreds of engineers, why are they so committed to a steel trellis frame, and suspension that is obviously not working?
Hollywood is offline  
April 6th, 2019, 01:00 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,347
Likes: 2578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
and with a company like KTM with hundreds of engineers, why are they so committed to a steel trellis frame, and suspension that is obviously not working?
Because it's in their DNA and they learned nothing from Ducati's venture down the steel trellis frame path. Typical Austrian know-it-all's. Maybe they should hire Niki Lauda to complete the circle.
JPSLotus is offline  
April 6th, 2019, 01:11 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,727
Likes: 313

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
I thought KTM offered Zarco more money???

as for Aprilia vs KTM, right now Aprilia is doing more with less.

when you think about KTM they have a 2 teams (4 bikes) and a testing program which is essentially a 3rd team with quality riders, they should be miles ahead of where they are.
6 months ago they didn't, plus of course 3/4 the team is brand new, 1 rider is now into his 3rd year and isn't doing what he should.
Next year has to be different when they get used to each other and give the team proper feedback.
Theo is offline  
April 6th, 2019, 02:29 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2011
From: London

Posts: 194
Likes: 117

If you ask my opinion I reckon they are being put under enormous pressure by Red Bull to ensure all those millions aren't wasted on a midfield bike. They want the screen time and being competitive is the only way to get it.

They have suddenly got a B team, thrown money at the only available front runner and have been throwing parts at the bike hoping something sticks.

Smacks of a team (KTM) over promising and under delivering to an over invested partner sponsor (Red bull).
michaelm likes this.
ratdeal is offline  
April 6th, 2019, 02:51 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,618
Likes: 1473

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratdeal View Post
If you ask my opinion I reckon they are being put under enormous pressure by Red Bull to ensure all those millions aren't wasted on a midfield bike. They want the screen time and being competitive is the only way to get it.

They have suddenly got a B team, thrown money at the only available front runner and have been throwing parts at the bike hoping something sticks.

Smacks of a team (KTM) over promising and under delivering to an over invested partner sponsor (Red bull).
Sounds a lot like Ducati in the Rossi era. Let's hope they don't take as long to get focused.
Keshav is offline  
April 7th, 2019, 05:49 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,727
Likes: 313

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratdeal View Post
If you ask my opinion I reckon they are being put under enormous pressure by Red Bull to ensure all those millions aren't wasted on a midfield bike. They want the screen time and being competitive is the only way to get it.

They have suddenly got a B team, thrown money at the only available front runner and have been throwing parts at the bike hoping something sticks.

Smacks of a team (KTM) over promising and under delivering to an over invested partner sponsor (Red bull).
B team's, well that would include all but Honda and Ducati, at Termas Asparagus and Oliveira came 10th and 11th, 3 years ago that was where Ducati were and in fact a few of their riders came below 11th last time out.
Look where KTM were a few years ago in Moto3 and Moto2, now they're doing better. Plus they said give them 5 years before getting at the front ie 5th and higher, they're doing ok.
BTW I bet they do have ohlins suspension to compare at private tracks.
Theo is offline  
April 7th, 2019, 06:44 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Little Walter's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Stratosphere

Posts: 714
Likes: 299

I Ride: Whatever I can steal
They certainly have experience in GP level racing. Look at how well they did in the 250 class against the onslaught of big money Aprilias. They have won lots of champioships in Motocross as well. I do agree that the trellis frames have to go. The sooner the better.
Little Walter is offline  
April 7th, 2019, 10:13 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: USA

Posts: 534
Likes: 185

KTM have been developing this bike for a few seasons now, even before they officially entered the championship, with all the resources they have at KTM they should be consistently in the top 10, but they are not, its time to make some changes.
Hollywood is offline  
April 7th, 2019, 01:09 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,618
Likes: 1473

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
KTM have been developing this bike for a few seasons now, even before they officially entered the championship, with all the resources they have at KTM they should be consistently in the top 10, but they are not, its time to make some changes.
Can't help wondering what with all the different projects that Red Bull has their fingers in - whether they (or KTM) have chosen the best available R& D talent. Or for that matter - whether, what with how many teams are now in contention - if there are in fact any more highly qualified people out there to hire. Look at how badly Yamaha are doing, in spite of their vast experience and ability to discern who are the most talented in the field. It doesn't matter how much energy and money you have to throw at a problem if there's nobody with the chops to meet your goals.
ratdeal and Theo like this.
Keshav is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
bike, ktm, problem, zarco



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ZARCO RossiSucchia MotoGP 406 June 5th, 2018 07:54 PM
Predictions: Where will Zarco go next? Little Walter MotoGP 188 May 3rd, 2018 12:12 PM
Johann Zarco pyeman MotoGP 29 June 5th, 2016 02:04 PM
Zarco celebrates Gaz Moto2 4 January 22nd, 2016 01:52 AM
Zarco 2015 WC. Dr No Moto2 6 October 10th, 2015 08:57 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2019 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.