MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree29Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
April 4th, 2019, 11:48 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,857
Likes: 331

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
not bite each other's heads off.
My mouths not that big!
Theo is offline  
 
April 4th, 2019, 11:21 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,737
Likes: 2200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Yes - the anti-Rossi sentiment here was really out of control. I admit I got sucked up into it. Much of that antipathy tho was fueled by childish Rossi fans who came here to do nothing but proclaim his Godhead status and they were fucking annoying. Things got very tribal and a lot of us lost perspective. But that's largely changed. Tho for how long no-one can say.

There was tidal wave of rage directed at Pedrosa following the incident at Catalunya and that felt like it would go on forever, but eventually it faded away. This forum isn't anywhere's near to being as anti-Rossi as it was in the early two thousands.

It's been dead before and can revive again, if people continue to post regularly and not bite each other's heads off. Remember - a lot of traffic here was fueled by people spectating the insane feuds. Nobody wants to see a return of that dynamic. I'm not much for net nannies - but I have to say, if there'd been a sane responsible person moderating the forum it could have been saved from self-destructing.
The Rossi fans in general reaped what they sowed given the extreme antipathy towards Stoner and lack of recognition of Hayden imo, although I acknowledge there were Rossi fans who were genuine fans of both him and the sport whom I greatly miss, particularly Babelfish and Yamaka, and also J4rn0. I miss Jumkie even more which you possibly donít, and regret perhaps being the final catalyst for his departure, although I donít miss his pal JK at all.

(EDIT I miss Arrabbiata greatly as well of course).

Last edited by michaelm; April 4th, 2019 at 11:41 PM.
michaelm is offline  
April 4th, 2019, 11:31 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,737
Likes: 2200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
He never had a problem with being asked hard questions. He just didn't want to put up with all the personal insults, and they were VERY personal and really vicious. Some here could never be satisfied with merely offering opposing opinions, but rather, felt compelled to respond to his posts with disproportionate and sanctimonious rage that was masqueraded as "holding him up to a higher standard". And no matter how grotesquely nasty people were to him - he always kept his cool and responded intelligently and without rancor.

He never tried to "control" the site. I disagree in the strongest terms. He already had his own site. He came to post here because there were often interesting people with provocative perspectives.
I liked David Emmett when he posted on here, often well informed opinions or stuff not absolutely confirmed which he felt he couldn’t post on his own site, and agree he attracted unwarranted personal attacks.

Not much time for him now, he toes the Dorna party line overly these days imo, not that he has much choice if he seeks to make a living from the sport of course.

Last edited by michaelm; April 5th, 2019 at 04:05 AM.
michaelm is offline  
April 5th, 2019, 12:27 AM   #34
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,725
Likes: 2136

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlartyBartFast View Post
Kropo did not like being asked any hard questions.
Kropo does not like asking any hard questions.
Kropo could not control this site, so he left.
He is welcome to return anytime.
Unfortunately, he will always be asked the hard questions here.
He had no issues being asked hard questions, and no issues debating points of contention between he and the person asking, but it did get to a personal level and naturally, this is a small corner so he went his won way.

I know that I had a few good solid interactions with him here and other forums, sometimes asking hard questions but always getting a response that was never anything other than cordial, sadly not all posters here could accept a different point of view and some were quite over the top in their manner.




Quote:
Originally Posted by AntG View Post
The problem with this forum is the level of bile directed at anyone who supports Rossi probably puts off new posters and the way threads get derailed into personal arguments and tit for tats doesn't help things either. This wasn't the busiest of forums when I joined but sadly it's utterly dead now because so many people have given up on it.

Over on MotoMatters at least you can debate without being called a "Yellow-tard fuckhead" by the next poster everytime you say "Rossi rode well today" and there's no "Cuntslow" talk, that's straight out of the playground book of wit that one.

It's a shame, I've come across some very good posters on here who have disappeared seemingly, yes, some still remain but it's not as fun anymore.
The Rossi stuff is BS in many ways and is just the cycle of the day.

Prior to the last 5 or so years when this place has had a very strong anti-Rossi bent there was the extremely strong and vocal pro-Rossi crowd who were often as pointed, as vocal and in some cases, often launched to extremely personal attacks because one did not dream yellow. The sad part and that which differentiated these from the latter day pure trolls was that these were knowledgeable posters, with whom you could often debate aspects of the sport, except that one person could do no wrong which to them was irrefutable.

Funny you mention MotoMatters as being able to have rational debates as whilst I have not been there for a while last time I was there they were little different in that some people went way OTT and took a personal affront to criticism of their chosen rider.

That said, it is a great shame that this place has lost some of those that we have as their knowledge was what did make this place that which it was, and yes, I agree, it is not that level today. Mind you, with time who really knows what will happen and whether we will regain the 'forum family' of years past, but much like life, perhaps it is just the cycle that we are in a lull today but tomorrow will again be a vibrant community of enthusiasts
Keshav and Barbedwirebikerr like this.
Gaz is offline  
April 5th, 2019, 04:45 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,840
Likes: 1580

I Ride: DRZ400sm + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
The Rossi fans in general reaped what they sowed given the extreme antipathy towards Stoner and lack of recognition of Hayden imo, although I acknowledge there were Rossi fans who were genuine fans of both him and the sport whom I greatly miss, particularly Babelfish and Yamaka, and also J4rn0. I miss Jumkie even more which you possibly don’t, and regret perhaps being the final catalyst for his departure, although I don’t miss his pal JK at all.

(EDIT I miss Arrabbiata greatly as well of course).
Naturally - Arrabiata. And tho some might not think so, Jum as well. Just not the latter day Jum. I've had PM conversations in the past when the flame wars were at their height and when speaking of Jum - I always prefaced anything I said telling folks that he was a great fan and a very generous soul - assuming you were on his good side, and that I missed having him as a friend.

Wondering lately, what has become of Barry Machine? I've been planning a long trek around that part of the world and if I actually ever get over there again, Barry was at the top of my list of folks to drop in on.
Keshav is offline  
April 5th, 2019, 05:55 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,347
Likes: 2578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Myself and not a few others - weren't allowed a middle ground when the fab four were setting the tone.
Still can't help yourself can you?
yakamoto san likes this.
JPSLotus is offline  
April 6th, 2019, 04:27 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,840
Likes: 1580

I Ride: DRZ400sm + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
Still can't help yourself can you?
You make the grand assumption that assistance is required, and that amnesia is somehow obligatory.

Last edited by Keshav; April 6th, 2019 at 04:45 AM.
Keshav is offline  
April 6th, 2019, 12:58 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,347
Likes: 2578

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
You make the grand assumption that assistance is required, and that amnesia is somehow obligatory.
You make the grand assumption of your innocence.

You played a role in ruining this forum.

At least half of the posters you mentioned don't post here because of you.
JPSLotus is offline  
April 6th, 2019, 01:06 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,857
Likes: 331

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
You make the grand assumption of your innocence.

You played a role in ruining this forum.

At least half of the posters you mentioned don't post here because of you.
Please don't start all over again, its unnecessary and unpleasant.
Gaz and Furiosa like this.
Theo is offline  
April 6th, 2019, 01:29 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,840
Likes: 1580

I Ride: DRZ400sm + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
You make the grand assumption of your innocence.

You played a role in ruining this forum.

At least half of the posters you mentioned don't post here because of you.
We're done here. No way I'm going to get into it with you. The forum BTW - is just fine, not ruined at all. It's no coincidence that I haven't had a bad moment with anyone in time since you and your pals disappeared. There's not one person mentioned in the list of members in my other post who I have had friction with. In the meantime - I've put you on ignore. If you still feel compelled troll me it will fall on deaf ears. If on the other hand you manage to get past your need to flame, send me a PM.

Last edited by Keshav; April 6th, 2019 at 03:16 PM.
Keshav is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
1st, motogp, rows



Thread Tools
Display Modes



Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2019 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.