MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Iamapony
  • 1 Post By povol
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
March 4th, 2019, 11:08 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,796
Likes: 321

I Ride: A bicycle.
Next Weekend

I see that Dorna have chucked a spanner in the works in moto 2 & 3 with the same sort of shit qualifying as motogp.
Then of course there are the race times, Same old, same old. its is time to end the farce of nighttime racing.
Theo is offline  
 
March 5th, 2019, 12:32 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Iamapony's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Santa Cruz, Cal

Posts: 642
Likes: 244

I Ride: BMW, Honda, and another Honda
Whatcha got against Phillips and GE light bulbs? I don't know which is safer, the lights or the heat. Seriously dangerous to get dehydrated in the middle of a race. Or have your Michelins melt down three laps into the twenty-two lap affair.

As greedy as DORNA may seem, this race was going to be cancelled because of the heat and sand. Night racing made some sense and the oil Princesses pay the bill, so good for them. If I could pay the bill you could all stay in Monterey for free and watch MotoGP at Laguna Seca. I don't have oil in my backyard, so MotoGP is in the desert.

I will start a nice, official Qatar thread on Wednesday, California, USA time, if no one objects. I do love my racing. Meanwhile I think ya' all should read this Cal Crutchlow article. Very well done by the Crashman, for a change.
Cal talks style to the Ox.
Keshav and gekko1ro like this.
Iamapony is offline  
March 5th, 2019, 01:42 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,674
Likes: 1495

I Ride: DRZ400sm + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
Whatcha got against Phillips and GE light bulbs? I don't know which is safer, the lights or the heat. Seriously dangerous to get dehydrated in the middle of a race. Or have your Michelins melt down three laps into the twenty-two lap affair.

As greedy as DORNA may seem, this race was going to be cancelled because of the heat and sand. Night racing made some sense and the oil Princesses pay the bill, so good for them. If I could pay the bill you could all stay in Monterey for free and watch MotoGP at Laguna Seca. I don't have oil in my backyard, so MotoGP is in the desert.

I will start a nice, official Qatar thread on Wednesday, California, USA time, if no one objects. I do love my racing. Meanwhile I think ya' all should read this Cal Crutchlow article. Very well done by the Crashman, for a change.
Cal talks style to the Ox.
Great article. He points out as in the early years, Michelin has yet to create a front tire that is that is in harmony with the rear - and is continuing to be the reason for so many crashes. It's safe to say this has been a big factor in Rossi's inability to win, as he's always favored a stiff carcass for the front.

I especially love that he give big props to Dani.

Interesting to know that they can set-program the engine braking for an individual corner. Never knew that before.

And - he says he weighs 66 Kgs - same as me, perfect weight for a racer. Wonder how much ole Krap Magnet weighs.
Keshav is offline  
March 5th, 2019, 02:00 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Acadiana

Posts: 217
Likes: 80

What is Kgs ... let's see.
K stands for Kelvin degree;
g stands for gram;
s stands for seconds.

Kelvin-gram-seconds?

Why folks try to use metric system when they have no clue what it is?

BTW, USA switched to the metric system after WW2. Yeah, right ... I buy my medication from Wal-Mart - the weight of pills is in MG - yes mega-gauss!!!
Segfault is offline  
March 5th, 2019, 04:46 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,674
Likes: 1495

I Ride: DRZ400sm + KTM SXF450sm + 511SMR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
What is Kgs ... let's see.
K stands for Kelvin degree;
g stands for gram;
s stands for seconds.

Kelvin-gram-seconds?

Why folks try to use metric system when they have no clue what it is?

BTW, USA switched to the metric system after WW2. Yeah, right ... I buy my medication from Wal-Mart - the weight of pills is in MG - yes mega-gauss!!!
1 kilogram equals to 2.20462262 pounds or 35.274 ounces. The abbreviation of kilogram is "kg". Gram is a metric system unit of mass. It is one thousandth (1/1000) of a kilogram that is the metric system base unit of mass. Multiple kilos are commonly abbreviated as, Kgs

Last edited by Keshav; March 5th, 2019 at 06:39 PM.
Keshav is offline  
March 6th, 2019, 01:04 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,796
Likes: 321

I Ride: A bicycle.
Believe it or not the decimal metric system was invented by the English, yet we were one of the last to use it. It is legal to measure in Kg/Lb, mm/inches after a few years of persecution by the shit in Brussels.
Hopefully when we leave the dross thats the eu, we can revert to the old £sd.
Theo is offline  
March 6th, 2019, 01:34 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Barbedwirebikerr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: FNQ

Posts: 879
Likes: 625

I Ride: DRZ400E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Believe it or not the decimal metric system was invented by the English, yet we were one of the last to use it. It is legal to measure in Kg/Lb, mm/inches after a few years of persecution by the shit in Brussels.
Hopefully when we leave the dross thats the eu, we can revert to the old £sd.
Why would you? Metric system seems so much easier to understand. Weight, length measurement and currency. It's best all round.
Barbedwirebikerr is online now  
March 6th, 2019, 07:42 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,796
Likes: 321

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedwirebikerr View Post
Why would you? Metric system seems so much easier to understand. Weight, length measurement and currency. It's best all round.
I've always thought in imperial measurements, even convert metric to imperial as its what I was taught at school, but no I'd just like to return to the old currency, it would show these young people just how much we were ripped off in our conversion to decimal currency.
Theo is offline  
March 6th, 2019, 10:23 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,488
Likes: 1651

I personally love the night race, but it shouldn’t be so late in the evening. As far as ditching it, I wouldn’t have an issue just on human rights issues to pull that race out of spite. These fuckers are still living under 17th century rules and anything that would drag their ass even up to the 19th century would be welcome. Not going to happen strictly because of money and that says all you need to know about Dorna.
Theo likes this.
povol is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
weekend



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More fun than a GP weekend! baturro MotoGP 13 May 14th, 2012 03:52 AM
F1 Weekend Dazza Motorsports 19 September 12th, 2006 09:05 AM
F1 this weekend Dazza Motorsports 16 August 29th, 2006 07:42 PM
F1 weekend Dazza Motorsports 42 March 14th, 2006 03:27 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2019 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.