MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree46Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
November 21st, 2018, 06:18 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Brazil

Posts: 690
Likes: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post

Are you honestly serious?
Yes, very serious. From Honda to Yamaha:

https://www.gpone.com/it/2018/11/20/...intuitiva.html

"Questa non è molto meno fisica della Honda. Ma tutto quello che succede sulla moto avviene in modo molto più dolce. Le dimensioni delle due moto sono completamente differenti, e la Honda era molto reattiva. Non dico nervosa, anche se spesso in televisione è stata definita così. Preferisco definirla reattiva, perché è la parola giusta. Tutto succede velocemente sulla Honda.
gui22a is offline  
 
November 21st, 2018, 06:40 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Italy

Posts: 548
Likes: 446

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gui22a View Post
Yes, very serious. From Honda to Yamaha:

https://www.gpone.com/it/2018/11/20/...intuitiva.html

"Questa non è molto meno fisica della Honda. Ma tutto quello che succede sulla moto avviene in modo molto più dolce. Le dimensioni delle due moto sono completamente differenti, e la Honda era molto reattiva. Non dico nervosa, anche se spesso in televisione è stata definita così. Preferisco definirla reattiva, perché è la parola giusta. Tutto succede velocemente sulla Honda.

Not a word about the bike transmitting all the motion reaction directly to his body/arms with less filtering than Yamaha or Ducati.

It just says the Honda is more agile
Holypuck is offline  
November 21st, 2018, 06:42 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,614
Likes: 2128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
No. It means "I'm feeling rather well" (abbastanza = quite/rather). However it doesn't mention the wrist at all.

We don't need this language argument, I will just repeat myself and say that it's nonsense IMHO to say that a guy with a wrist that hurts could not put down all the laps that he put down. That is all.
He rode within 2 seconds of the lead for over 10 laps in an actual race at Assen 2013. It had been considered entirely remarkable when Colin Edwards did it 9 days after a similar injury and surgery.

I would still like to see him faster by the end of the test.

Last edited by michaelm; November 21st, 2018 at 06:46 AM.
michaelm is offline  
November 21st, 2018, 06:50 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Italy

Posts: 548
Likes: 446

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
He rode within 2 seconds of the lead for over 10 laps in an actual race at Assen 2013. It had been considered entirely remarkable when Colin Edwards did it 9 days after a similar injury and surgery.

I would still like to see him faster by the end of the test.

He is getting used to a completely new bike WHILE recovering from an injury. Getting to know and to set the RCV is way more important than putting down fast laps for him right now.
Holypuck is offline  
November 21st, 2018, 06:50 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,584
Likes: 597

There’s a guy talking during the testing now. His name is Neil something, really knowledgeable guy and he was talking about the difference between chassis and bikes etc but for whatever it’s worth he attributed a lot Ducati’s new ability to turn to Jorge, for whatever it’s worth.

Edit to add: his name is Neil Spalding and his book can be bought here
https://motogptechnology.com

Last edited by p4p1; November 21st, 2018 at 07:02 AM.
p4p1 is offline  
November 21st, 2018, 07:06 AM   #56
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,614
Likes: 2128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
He is getting used to a completely new bike WHILE recovering from an injury. Getting to know and to set the RCV is way more important than putting down fast laps for him right now.
Sure, no doubt. I am just nostalgic for when my previous favourite rider got on the Honda the first time, and also recall Rossi’s times in his initial encounter with the Ducati being attributed at least partly to lingering effects of his lower leg fracture.

(EDIT Not much more than half a second off MM on the 4:00 pm times. I am now happy).

Last edited by michaelm; November 21st, 2018 at 07:14 AM.
michaelm is offline  
November 21st, 2018, 07:10 AM   #57
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Italy

Posts: 548
Likes: 446

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Sure, no doubt. I am just nostalgic fot when my previous favourite rider getting in the Honda the first time.

That Black RCV looks indeed too good not to be at the top...but I guess we'll have to wait...
Holypuck is offline  
November 21st, 2018, 07:12 AM   #58
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,584
Likes: 597

Viñales and Rossi May have some serious competition for top Yamaha in Morbidelli. He’s really quick on this years bike(quick straight out of the box and in front of Viñales and Rossi right now) with the ‘shit’ engine and soon enough he will have the new bike with the new engine which *should* be better.
Holypuck likes this.
p4p1 is offline  
November 21st, 2018, 08:15 AM   #59
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 864
Likes: 205

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
There’s a guy talking during the testing now. His name is Neil something, really knowledgeable guy and he was talking about the difference between chassis and bikes etc but for whatever it’s worth he attributed a lot Ducati’s new ability to turn to Jorge, for whatever it’s worth.

Edit to add: his name is Neil Spalding and his book can be bought here
https://motogptechnology.com



Yep, I did hear what Neil Spalding had to say within the last 2 hours of the test. He did mention that HRC will be doing 2 developing path in 2019 in reference to Lorenzo & Marquez.
evo9 is online now  
November 21st, 2018, 08:21 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 864
Likes: 205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
Not a word about the bike transmitting all the motion reaction directly to his body/arms with less filtering than Yamaha or Ducati.

It just says the Honda is more agile


Instead of wasting your time with some internet ID, trying to tell you how to read your own language. Take a look at this interpretation from franco https://motomatters.com/analysis/201...day_round.html
evo9 is online now  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
test, valencia



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Valencia Test Gaz MotoGP 31 November 18th, 2017 07:41 PM
motogp test - Valencia shovelhead MotoGP 7 November 9th, 2015 11:43 PM
Moto GP test Valencia Ciaraespana MotoGP 1 November 9th, 2015 10:44 AM
Valencia Test bluegreen MotoGP 183 November 22nd, 2012 07:53 PM
Rossi & the Valencia test alex29 MotoGP 65 August 26th, 2010 06:39 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.