MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree46Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
November 21st, 2018, 05:31 AM   #41
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Italy

Posts: 548
Likes: 446

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gui22a View Post
I can understand your fanboy frustration but I severely doubt Lorenzo will tame the RCV as fast as he did with the Desmo. Actually his success will depend on Honda providing him a much more stable and smoother bike, which, in turn, will need a bigger and taller bike, not the toy the current version is. This would be a radical overturn for Honda, I don't think they will do it anytime soon. This version of RCV I particularly don't believe he can ever like it. I have seen many people talking about corner speed but that isn't the point he needs from this piece of metal (if he learned to ride the Ducati, then he can ride any other bike on the grid in the center of the curve), the bike is over reactive for his style because is short and tiny, and therefore transmits all the motion reaction directly to his body/arms with less filtering than Yamaha or Ducati. That goes in direct encounter with his needs, letting him horribly insecure over the saddle.

Forget any shit about pain, himself told media during weekend that on Sunday his wrist was much better and that he was expecting it to be even better on Tuesday.

Ahaha yeah right I'm just a fanboy

However, I will be quoting some parts of this marvelous post and give you my personal fanboyish view. See my answers in blue below.

"I severely doubt Lorenzo will tame the RCV as fast as he did with the Desmo."

He won his first race after 1 year and a half.

"Actually his success will depend on Honda providing him a much more stable and smoother bike, which, in turn, will need a bigger and taller bike, not the toy the current version is. This would be a radical overturn for Honda, I don't think they will do it anytime soon."

HRC openly stated that due to the great difference between Lorenzo's and Marquez's styles they will develop the 2 bikes with 2 separate projects

He is currently riding "Marquez's" bike to start gaining feelings and understanding how to begin the development of his own, that will be done within the next months by HRC's engineers.


"the bike is over reactive for his style because is short and tiny, and therefore transmits all the motion reaction directly to his body/arms with less filtering than Yamaha or Ducati"

Are you honestly serious?



"Forget any shit about pain, himself told media during weekend that on Sunday his wrist was much better and that he was expecting it to be even better on Tuesday"

He did NOT say that. He said his wrist hurt less riding on sunday due to the day being rainy and then added that he hoped it to be better by Tuesday. You do know that riding on the wet is a lot less physically demanding, do you?

Last edited by Holypuck; November 21st, 2018 at 05:34 AM.
Holypuck is offline  
 
November 21st, 2018, 05:33 AM   #42
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 864
Likes: 205

Quote:
Originally Posted by gui22a View Post
I can understand your fanboy frustration but I severely doubt Lorenzo will tame the RCV as fast as he did with the Desmo. Actually his success will depend on Honda providing him a much more stable and smoother bike, which, in turn, will need a bigger and taller bike, not the toy the current version is. This would be a radical overturn for Honda, I don't think they will do it anytime soon. This version of RCV I particularly don't believe he can ever like it. I have seen many people talking about corner speed but that isn't the point he needs from this piece of metal (if he learned to ride the Ducati, then he can ride any other bike on the grid in the center of the curve), the bike is over reactive for his style because is short and tiny, and therefore transmits all the motion reaction directly to his body/arms with less filtering than Yamaha or Ducati. That goes in direct encounter with his needs, letting him horribly insecure over the saddle.

Forget any shit about pain, himself told media during weekend that on Sunday his wrist was much better and that he was expecting it to be even better on Tuesday.
You might wanna stick to soccer. Looking at the RCV thru the lens of the camera. It appears to have a steeper rake in comparison to the other mfg bikes. Being that it is the smallest bike on the grid with a steep rake makes it very agile, "or reactive as you put it". This is what the rider needs to adjust themselves to.
evo9 is online now  
November 21st, 2018, 05:50 AM   #43
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Brazil

Posts: 690
Likes: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
Ahaha yeah right I'm just a fanboy
He did NOT say that. He said his wrist hurt less riding on sunday due to the day being rainy and then added that he hoped it to be better by Tuesday. You do know that riding on the wet is a lot less physically demanding, do you?
https://www.gpone.com/it/2018/11/18/...n-accadra.html


"Today (Sunday) I felt better than yesterday and certainly a lot better than Friday, but tomorrow I will feel even better, but I do not think I will be 100%, but I think I can understand some important things on Tuesday."
gui22a is offline  
November 21st, 2018, 05:53 AM   #44
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Italy

Posts: 548
Likes: 446

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gui22a View Post
https://www.gpone.com/it/2018/11/18/...n-accadra.html


"Today (Sunday) I felt better than yesterday and certainly a lot better than Friday, but tomorrow I will feel even better, but I do not think I will be 100%, but I think I can understand some important things on Tuesday."

English is not my first language but I'm rather sure "understanding some important things" does not mean "having less pain in my wrist"?
Holypuck is offline  
November 21st, 2018, 05:54 AM   #45
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Brazil

Posts: 690
Likes: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
English is not my first language but I'm rather sure "understanding some important things" does not mean "having less pain in my wrist"?
Click the fucking link, the original is italian, your mother language.
gui22a is offline  
November 21st, 2018, 05:57 AM   #46
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,614
Likes: 2128

Quote:
Originally Posted by #22 View Post
When you present your medical degree your statement might carry some weight. Until then it's pure speculation with absolutely zero support behind it.
We are talking about a rider who rode near the front of a premier class gp race and finished 4th or 5th 2 days after sustaining a comminuted fracture of his clavicle and having it plated. He fell in the rain and refractured it including bending the plate the next round which quite likely cost him the 2013 title. I wonder why he is skittish in the rain now.

It is fairly typical for riders with significant injuries like recent fractures to be capable of being fast on individual laps and at the start of races and not to be able to sustain their pace for a whole race, from my observations for several decades anyway.
RCV600RR likes this.
michaelm is offline  
November 21st, 2018, 05:58 AM   #47
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Italy

Posts: 548
Likes: 446

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gui22a View Post
Click the fucking link, the original is italian, your mother language.
Copy pasting from the Italian interview from the link: "Ma credo che marted́ potṛ capire delle cose importanti"

Literal translation: "I think by Tuesday I will be able to understand some important things."


Bro I don't really mean to be rude to you. I just disagree with your statements about him, his wrist and his future bike development.
Holypuck is offline  
November 21st, 2018, 06:02 AM   #48
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2007
From: Brazil

Posts: 690
Likes: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
Copy pasting from the Italian interview from the link: "Ma credo che marted́ potṛ capire delle cose importanti"

Literal translation: "I think by Tuesday I will be able to understand some important things."


Bro I don't really mean to be rude to you. I just disagree with your statements about him, his wrist and his future bike development.
Ok but please do not omit all the words just after that sentence: "Ma credo che marted́ potṛ capire delle cose importanti, mi sento abbastanza bene"

wich means "I'm feeling very good"
gui22a is offline  
November 21st, 2018, 06:03 AM   #49
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,461
Likes: 1385

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedwirebikerr View Post
Git y'self a Flicker account mate. I need an electron microscope to read this.
Mick D likes this.
Keshav is offline  
November 21st, 2018, 06:06 AM   #50
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Italy

Posts: 548
Likes: 446

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gui22a View Post
Ok but please do not omit all the words just after that sentence: "Ma credo che marted́ potṛ capire delle cose importanti, mi sento abbastanza bene"

wich means "I'm feeling very good"

No. It means "I'm feeling rather well" (abbastanza = quite/rather). However it doesn't mention the wrist at all.

We don't need this language argument, I will just repeat myself and say that it's nonsense IMHO to say that a guy with a wrist that hurts could not put down all the laps that he put down. That is all.
cucoloco likes this.
Holypuck is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
test, valencia



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Valencia Test Gaz MotoGP 31 November 18th, 2017 07:41 PM
motogp test - Valencia shovelhead MotoGP 7 November 9th, 2015 11:43 PM
Moto GP test Valencia Ciaraespana MotoGP 1 November 9th, 2015 10:44 AM
Valencia Test bluegreen MotoGP 183 November 22nd, 2012 07:53 PM
Rossi & the Valencia test alex29 MotoGP 65 August 26th, 2010 06:39 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.