MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree67Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
November 12th, 2018, 08:03 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,342
Likes: 2575

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Not necessarily in this order, but the 3 Spaniards.

MM
Rins
Vinales
You're writing Lorenzo off who had more wins than Rins and Vinales combined this year. There'll be more race wins for Lorenzo in the future as I think his Ducati experience will help him with the RCV. It's still a MM bike, but Lorenzo will easily do better than Pedrosa did this year.
JPSLotus is offline  
 
November 12th, 2018, 10:16 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,461
Likes: 1385

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
You're writing Lorenzo off who had more wins than Rins and Vinales combined this year. There'll be more race wins for Lorenzo in the future as I think his Ducati experience will help him with the RCV. It's still a MM bike, but Lorenzo will easily do better than Pedrosa did this year.
Youíre the second person to say that. I see no parallels between the Duc and Honda, so fail to connect the dots. Please elucidate.
Keshav is offline  
November 12th, 2018, 10:30 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,458
Likes: 1631

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
You're writing Lorenzo off who had more wins than Rins and Vinales combined this year. There'll be more race wins for Lorenzo in the future as I think his Ducati experience will help him with the RCV. It's still a MM bike, but Lorenzo will easily do better than Pedrosa did this year.
For this race I would be stunned if Lorenzo was a factor. Broken wristís donít go from not being able to run within 5 seconds of the leaders and ultimately withdrawing, to contending for a win in 2 weeks. No matter what he says , I canít imagine him pushing any edge in this meaningless race and risking crucial time on the Honda next week.
povol is offline  
November 12th, 2018, 10:39 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: On the edge in California

Posts: 226
Likes: 92

I Ride: 1972 BMW R75/5
I will try.
Lorenzo has had to adapt to a new bike over the last couple of years which was apparently quite different than the Yamaha he had become accustomed to.
I believe this experience will make him even stronger hopping on to the Honda, even if this bike may also be very different.
I think having experience on these different machines will make him a threat on the Honda. After all, the guy has found a way to win on every machine he has been on in his MotoGP career.

What worries me is the injury he has sustained. I am wondering if he will even be at Valencia and how for he will be.

I am especially interested as I and a group have tickets and I’ll be in the stands watching.

Go Jorge!
RCV600RR likes this.
Bern1 is offline  
November 12th, 2018, 12:10 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,461
Likes: 1385

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern1 View Post
I will try.
Lorenzo has had to adapt to a new bike over the last couple of years which was apparently quite different than the Yamaha he had become accustomed to.
I believe this experience will make him even stronger hopping on to the Honda, even if this bike may also be very different.
I think having experience on these different machines will make him a threat on the Honda. After all, the guy has found a way to win on every machine he has been on in his MotoGP career.

What worries me is the injury he has sustained. I am wondering if he will even be at Valencia and how for he will be.

I am especially interested as I and a group have tickets and Iíll be in the stands watching.

Go Jorge!
If all I study is math, and then switch to philosophy and it takes 18 months to become versed in philosophy - it won't make me better prepared when I switch to linguistics.

When it was proposed that Nicky move to Ducati, everyone (myself included) thought his flat-tracking background would set him up to be nearly as competitive as Stoner. I still think Mr. Smooth is in for a rude awakening.
Keshav is offline  
November 12th, 2018, 12:18 PM   #26
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 864
Likes: 205

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
You're writing Lorenzo off who had more wins than Rins and Vinales combined this year. There'll be more race wins for Lorenzo in the future as I think his Ducati experience will help him with the RCV. It's still a MM bike, but Lorenzo will easily do better than Pedrosa did this year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Youíre the second person to say that. I see no parallels between the Duc and Honda, so fail to connect the dots. Please elucidate.
I was one of the first here to to say that, if not the first. Here is some insight from someone in the know. He even mention the similarity of the bikes.
https://www.gpone.com/en/2018/11/09/...r-marquez.html
evo9 is offline  
November 12th, 2018, 03:18 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,461
Likes: 1385

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo9 View Post
I was one of the first here to to say that, if not the first. Here is some insight from someone in the know. He even mention the similarity of the bikes.
https://www.gpone.com/en/2018/11/09/...r-marquez.html
"The Ducati and the Honda are probably more similar and he'll (Lorenzo) struggle less"

Mate: this is an off-the-cuff statement in what is a puff piece snippet of PR journalism; not exactly an in-depth analysis of the vast dissimilarities that set the bikes apart.
Suppo is hardly going to openly express to the public discouraging predictions about the chances of an incoming teammate.

I agree w JP that JL will do better than Dani - but he will struggle, at minimum, for the first half of the season. Lorenzo while talented, is no Lawson.
Mick D and Theo like this.

Last edited by Keshav; November 12th, 2018 at 06:15 PM.
Keshav is offline  
November 13th, 2018, 01:00 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,614
Likes: 2128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
"The Ducati and the Honda are probably more similar and he'll (Lorenzo) struggle less"

Mate: this is an off-the-cuff statement in what is a puff piece snippet of PR journalism; not exactly an in-depth analysis of the vast dissimilarities that set the bikes apart.
Suppo is hardly going to openly express to the public discouraging predictions about the chances of an incoming teammate.

I agree w JP that JL will do better than Dani - but he will struggle, at minimum, for the first half of the season. Lorenzo while talented, is no Lawson.
I am a little more hopeful. I really thought he was stuck in that exaggeratedly smooth wide sweeping style he adopted perhaps of necessity in his latter days at Yamaha and would never adapt to the Ducati, but he did adapt and quite likely contributed to improving the Ducati. I can see him both adapting again to what is a conventional bike if not set up or conventionally ridden by MM, and Honda themselves seem to have a genuine desire for, and hence a likelihood of investing in, making the bike more generally rideable, I think they are embarrassed customers donít want their bikes.

Last edited by michaelm; November 13th, 2018 at 01:42 AM.
michaelm is offline  
November 13th, 2018, 01:30 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: Scotland

Posts: 170
Likes: 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
If all I study is math, and then switch to philosophy and it takes 18 months to become versed in philosophy - it won't make me better prepared when I switch to linguistics.
I think it will a little bit. You'll be back into the swing of learning new things. You know where the library is this time and have learnt how to give up your entire social life for study. However, Maths to Philosophy is probably close to what he did!

The truth is, we have absolutely no idea how Lorenzo will fare on the Honda. However I think it's fairly widespread opinion that the Duc is "different". I think anyone thinking that he'll hop onto the Honda and it'll be like the Good Ol Yam days is putting hope before sense.

Marc is pretty special and I don't think anyone will ride a Honda like he does. Dani Pedrosa's results for the last year or so are pretty dodgy and he hasn't always been that far off the pace.
Furiosa is offline  
November 13th, 2018, 01:46 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,540
Likes: 291

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
You're writing Lorenzo off who had more wins than Rins and Vinales combined this year. There'll be more race wins for Lorenzo in the future as I think his Ducati experience will help him with the RCV. It's still a MM bike, but Lorenzo will easily do better than Pedrosa did this year.
Yes I've written him off like Rossi, don't like either of them, both a pair of reprehensible poseurs. Neither will ever again win a championship and Rossi will never win a race again.
Theo is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2018, chat, comunitat, gran, motul, predictions, premio, race, valenciana



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 - Motul Grand Prix of Japan Twin Ring Motegi Predictions & Race Chat Keshav MotoGP 94 October 24th, 2018 11:51 AM
2018 PTT Thailand Grand Prix Predictions + Race Chat Keshav MotoGP 214 October 11th, 2018 03:49 AM
2018 Gran Premio Movistar de Aragůn Predictions + Race Chat Keshav MotoGP 167 September 29th, 2018 01:34 PM
2017 Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana JPSLotus MotoGP 381 November 19th, 2017 10:55 PM
MotoGP: 2016 Round 18 - Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana (SPOILERS) MigsAngel MotoGP 139 November 21st, 2016 05:35 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.