MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree74Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
October 21st, 2018, 05:30 AM   #61
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,597
Likes: 2120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedwirebikerr View Post
Great ride by Rins. Amongst all the fanfare of a championship he was forgotten. Suzuki improved on last year's motegi result.
Yes, he rode really well. And Suzuki apparently trust him to lead the direction of their bike. They might be even further along without his injury.
michaelm is offline  
 
October 21st, 2018, 05:33 AM   #62
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,524
Likes: 290

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedwirebikerr View Post
SPOILER

I've just read Quartaro has lost his P1 due to having a low pressure in his tyres, outside of legal limits? Wtf?
1.4bar is the minimum, his tyre was 0.01 below that and apparently the tyre sensor thats fitted to all the machines showed that it was under pressure all race.
I feel for him poor guy.
Theo is offline  
October 21st, 2018, 11:20 AM   #63
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,515
Likes: 447

I Ride: R6
Another title for the best rider on the grid. AD fought valiantly, but MM would be happy that he finally broke his resolve. Next year won't be so easy though.

Suzuki have been consistently strong in the last few races. They're clearly moving in the right direction and have surpassed Yamaha. Marquez would be winning on that bike.

Cal is putting together some decent results.

Yamaha got embarrassed in front of the guys at Japanese HQ. Maverick did a Maverick again and disappeared with no trace. Great to see Zarco find his mojo again too. Yamaha need to decide whether they are there to attend, or there to compete.
RCV600RR is offline  
October 21st, 2018, 11:23 AM   #64
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,515
Likes: 447

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
I would see Stoner as having greatly outridden the intrinsic capability of the bike rather than being mistake prone whilst at Ducati, but while he might have gone close to MM in a single season in his best form no way was he the complete package MM has proven to be. MM seems to be absolutely indomitable.
Stoner looked no different on the Repsol Honda...

I wonder what Marquez would've felt if he came up against Stoner - someone with quite possibly even more raw talent and raw speed, if less pure racecraft.
michaelm likes this.
RCV600RR is offline  
October 21st, 2018, 11:44 AM   #65
Senior Member
 
Deefer Dogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: UK

Posts: 309
Likes: 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
Another title for the best rider on the grid. AD fought valiantly, but MM would be happy that he finally broke his resolve. Next year won't be so easy though.

Suzuki have been consistently strong in the last few races. They're clearly moving in the right direction and have surpassed Yamaha. Marquez would be winning on that bike.

Cal is putting together some decent results.

Yamaha got embarrassed in front of the guys at Japanese HQ. Maverick did a Maverick again and disappeared with no trace. Great to see Zarco find his mojo again too. Yamaha need to decide whether they are there to attend, or there to compete.
AD has put up a bit of a fight lately but just had too much ground to make up after the run of races following Qatar. Think that's where the damage was done.

Totally agree about Suzuki. Beginning to look a decent package but will be interesting to see how they get on with losing their concessions. Winter tests will be even more important this year. Yamaha look like they are trying their best to get those concessions for themselves.

I'm wondering if Yamaha are regretting giving MV another 2 years so quickly and letting Zarco head to KTM. Especially since one looks interested again and one couldn't look less interested.
RCV600RR likes this.
Deefer Dogg is offline  
October 21st, 2018, 11:46 AM   #66
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Acadiana

Posts: 142
Likes: 57

Maybe I'm all wrong. I think Stoner never learned how to make good use of TC. I think his competition caught up with him because the electronics got better all the time and Stoner's pure talent and right wrist lost its advantage. More, I think if by a miracle all TC would be banned from MotoGP then there would be nobody to get close to Stoner. BTW, remember, when Rossi took over Stoner's bike he was shocked by Ducati's TC. It is inferior, he said, it needs rapid development. Didn't bother Stoner a bit ...
RCV600RR likes this.
Segfault is offline  
October 21st, 2018, 11:53 AM   #67
Senior Member
 
libby's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2015
From: Cornwall England

Posts: 473
Likes: 304

I Ride: pillion with hubs on 1200 Bandit :) Do have a full bike licence though
Not the same without Jorge.End of.
libby is offline  
October 21st, 2018, 12:52 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Deefer Dogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: UK

Posts: 309
Likes: 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbedwirebikerr View Post
Apparently, according to Marquez, when he was laying on the track he'd celebrated to hard and discolated his shoulder.
https://twitter.com/Reddingpower/sta...467763202?s=19
All Redding's doing apparently
Deefer Dogg is offline  
October 21st, 2018, 01:02 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,515
Likes: 447

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deefer Dogg View Post
AD has put up a bit of a fight lately but just had too much ground to make up after the run of races following Qatar. Think that's where the damage was done.

Totally agree about Suzuki. Beginning to look a decent package but will be interesting to see how they get on with losing their concessions. Winter tests will be even more important this year. Yamaha look like they are trying their best to get those concessions for themselves.

I'm wondering if Yamaha are regretting giving MV another 2 years so quickly and letting Zarco head to KTM. Especially since one looks interested again and one couldn't look less interested.
MV seems like a headcase to me. Almost unbeatable when he feels good, 10th when he doesn't.
RCV600RR is offline  
October 21st, 2018, 01:47 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,566
Likes: 595

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
MV seems like a headcase to me. Almost unbeatable when he feels good, 10th when he doesn't.
He just seems to need everything perfect to be fast. The full load of fuel destroys his race almost every weekend. I think both he and Valentino need a better bike than the rest of the grid to be able to fight for a championship and with Ducati, Honda and Suzuki stepping their game up the best they can hope for is a bike on equal terms which IMO won't be enough for them.
p4p1 is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2018, chat, grand, japan, motegi, motul, predictions, prix, race, ring, twin



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 PTT Thailand Grand Prix Predictions + Race Chat Keshav MotoGP 214 October 11th, 2018 03:49 AM
Go-Pro British Grand Prix - Silverstone 2018 Predictions & Race Chat Keshav MotoGP 85 August 30th, 2018 11:01 PM
Japan Grand Prix at Twin Rings of Motegi Iamapony MotoGP 128 October 19th, 2017 10:22 AM
Motul Grand Prix of Japan 2017 Motokitty MotoGP 8 October 6th, 2017 05:24 PM
Motul Grand Prix of Japan 2016 spoilers MdubSTYLIE MotoGP 266 October 25th, 2016 02:45 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.