MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree89Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
September 27th, 2018, 05:33 PM   #161
Member
 
Joined: Aug 2012
From: Concord CA

Posts: 33
Likes: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segfault View Post
Another Smart Alec who has never heard all MotoGP bikes run on limited horsepower on first four gears. It can be anything, grip, weight distribution, aerodynamics, whatnot. But power it is not.
It's called traction control and/or anti-wheelie and it doesn't limit horsepower in the first 4 gears ... it operates entire on traction and rider maps used in the ECU. A motoGP bike can easily lift the front wheel or spin the wheel in the gears beyond 4th.

It's a combination of power and traction, but even when Ducati didn't have corner exit traction a few years back they were still posting the highest top speeds on the straights, so yes it is very much about Power.

Funny how some of you confuse "balls" with "stupidity" ... and the old "Well Rossi did it" BS ... grow up like you would know what Rossi did since you obviously hate him. Did Rossi have aggressive moves in his long history, sure he did. Did he resort to aggressive moves every race, no ... why, because he didn't need to resort to stupid aggressive moves to win 9 championship. That's the difference between Rossi with Talent and Marquez with Aggression.
robains is offline  
 
September 27th, 2018, 05:48 PM   #162
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2017
From: Acadiana

Posts: 149
Likes: 58

Traction control and anti-wheelie do not manipulate horsepower.

I see.

No comments.

Edit: I know, education is something you do not miss if you don't have it. Nevertheless, I suggest you look up the definition of horsepower.

Last edited by Segfault; September 27th, 2018 at 05:57 PM.
Segfault is offline  
September 27th, 2018, 06:00 PM   #163
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,614
Likes: 2128

Quote:
Originally Posted by robains View Post
It's called traction control and/or anti-wheelie and it doesn't limit horsepower in the first 4 gears ... it operates entire on traction and rider maps used in the ECU. A motoGP bike can easily lift the front wheel or spin the wheel in the gears beyond 4th.

It's a combination of power and traction, but even when Ducati didn't have corner exit traction a few years back they were still posting the highest top speeds on the straights, so yes it is very much about Power.

Funny how some of you confuse "balls" with "stupidity" ... and the old "Well Rossi did it" BS ... grow up like you would know what Rossi did since you obviously hate him. Did Rossi have aggressive moves in his long history, sure he did. Did he resort to aggressive moves every race, no ... why, because he didn't need to resort to stupid aggressive moves to win 9 championship. That's the difference between Rossi with Talent and Marquez with Aggression.
The personal tally for Rossi and MM taking each other out is 2:1 to Rossi, at least one as a result of a deliberate illegal move, and some have argued the other was deliberate as well. I don’t, and think MM was stupid to try to stay with Rossi who had caught up 4 seconds and easily passed him in that first Argentinian incident, but the same applies to Rossi in the Argentinian incident this year.

How many premier class titles has MM won as a result of stupid aggressive moves?. Only one, the first one, imo given his eventual points margin was less than the points he gained from the Jerez last corner torpedo pass in 2013, in direct emulation of a fairly identical pass by a certain someone at Jerez 2005.

On the other hand much more dangerous and aggressive riding at Laguna Seca than anything MM has perpetrated in the premier class was influential in Rossi’s 2008 title win, he beat his major rival at Jerez 2005 on the way to the title that year as a result of what should have been judged an illegal move and could be regarded as just a tad aggressive, he took out MM at Sepang 2015 by means of an illegal move in pursuit of a title, and did his best to derail Stoner’s title bid in 2011 by a stupid aggressive move, far more egregiously stupid than anything MM has ever done in the premier class.
(EDIT Perhaps I could just have posted “That’s racing”).

Last edited by michaelm; September 27th, 2018 at 10:10 PM.
michaelm is offline  
September 28th, 2018, 12:10 AM   #164
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,436
Likes: 978

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by robains View Post
It's called traction control and/or anti-wheelie and it doesn't limit horsepower in the first 4 gears ... it operates entire on traction and rider maps used in the ECU. A motoGP bike can easily lift the front wheel or spin the wheel in the gears beyond 4th.

It's a combination of power and traction, but even when Ducati didn't have corner exit traction a few years back they were still posting the highest top speeds on the straights, so yes it is very much about Power.

Funny how some of you confuse "balls" with "stupidity" ... and the old "Well Rossi did it" BS ... grow up like you would know what Rossi did since you obviously hate him. Did Rossi have aggressive moves in his long history, sure he did. Did he resort to aggressive moves every race, no ... why, because he didn't need to resort to stupid aggressive moves to win 9 championship. That's the difference between Rossi with Talent and Marquez with Aggression.
Its pretty clear rossi has nowhere near the talent needed to run up front these days. It may hsve worked back in the day of Gibernau and Capi. But riders like Stoner, Lorenzo and now Marquez have talent far in excess of rossi .... even at his prime.

Last time a talented rider was on the Yamaha he ran rings around rossi ..... to the point looked ..... just like he does now.

Are you seriously suggesting rossi we ould be running up the front with say a Honda? Or a Duc.? You like all boppers are a fruitcake.
BarryMachine is offline  
September 29th, 2018, 06:30 AM   #165
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,458
Likes: 1631

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by robains View Post
It's called traction control and/or anti-wheelie and it doesn't limit horsepower in the first 4 gears ... it operates entire on traction and rider maps used in the ECU. A motoGP bike can easily lift the front wheel or spin the wheel in the gears beyond 4th.

It's a combination of power and traction, but even when Ducati didn't have corner exit traction a few years back they were still posting the highest top speeds on the straights, so yes it is very much about Power.

Funny how some of you confuse "balls" with "stupidity" ... and the old "Well Rossi did it" BS ... grow up like you would know what Rossi did since you obviously hate him. Did Rossi have aggressive moves in his long history, sure he did. Did he resort to aggressive moves every race, no ... why, because he didn't need to resort to stupid aggressive moves to win 9 championship. That's the difference between Rossi with Talent and Marquez with Aggression.
Did he resort to aggressive moves every race, no ... why, because he didn't need to resort to stupid aggressive moves to win 9 championship. That's the difference between Rossi with Talent and Marquez with Aggression.[/QUOTE]


You’re right,he didn’t need to, his competition was nothing like it is today where both machines and riders are superior to what he faced early in his career .With records broke on a regular basis for closeness of finish, you have to be somewhat bullish to get where you want to go these days, you can’t just cruise around for 80% of the race , then pull away for easy victories. Bottom line is, had Rossi been faced with a competitor like Marquez his entire career, we would be comparing him with other riders who have 1 or 2 titles
BarryMachine likes this.
povol is offline  
September 29th, 2018, 10:19 AM   #166
Senior Member
 
AJV80's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2016
From: Queensland Australia

Posts: 740
Likes: 405

I Ride: Suzuki GSX-R 750 / Kawasaki Ninja H2
Quote:
Originally Posted by robains View Post
It's called traction control and/or anti-wheelie and it doesn't limit horsepower in the first 4 gears ... it operates entire on traction and rider maps used in the ECU. A motoGP bike can easily lift the front wheel or spin the wheel in the gears beyond 4th.
So engine ‘maps’ effecting the traction / anti wheelie settings that cut ingnition to the engines cylinders and/or close down intake butterflies do so without effecting the engines power output in any way??? Do tell me more.
Mick D likes this.
AJV80 is offline  
September 29th, 2018, 11:37 AM   #167
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,461
Likes: 1385

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
[QUOTE=RCV600RR;457728]So your argument is now becoming "Furusawa said Rossi is a development genius, but he was exaggerating because he likes Rossi." Listen to yourself.

Dude, if there were an Olympic category for conclusion jumping, you would get the, no-medal-at-all. I didn't say it was because they were friends, I said their relationship didn't preclude employing hyperbole, something company men, who even "retired", maintain close, loyal connections over a lifetime, are won't to do. Anyone with a modicum of insight into Japanese corporate culture can tell you, excessive flattery to those high up the company food chain is a pronounced trait in the land of lifetime salarymen


Furusawa also said that "if Filippo (Preziosi) had listened more to Valentino, in 2012 the Desmosedici would have gone better".

Furusawa spent no more time in the Yamaha garage than Krap Magnet, so is of course merely speculating.


This argument is pretty funny. You're arguing that Yamaha's weak M1 is due to them intentionally ignoring Rossi's feedback, rather than being too slow and too conservative in implementing that feedback (as Krops and a whole variety of other commentators have explained). Occam's razor slices through this argument.

No, never said they floundered because they ignored Rossi. I clearly indicated their depleted lack of regard for his precious "development skills", as evidenced by their decision to ignore them.

Even if your (false) premise were correct, you've found yourself in a logical trap: First, you're saying Rossi's poor feedback is the cause of Yamaha's woes. Then, you're saying that Rossi's feedback isn't being followed. If Rossi's feedback isn't being followed, and the bike is rubbish, then it seems that the engineers are wrong...not Rossi.

See retort #2

Another absurd argument. You're essentially arguing that the only reason Yamaha have not come out and said that Rossi is bad at development is because they don't want to alienate their 'marketing tool'.

Also amply covered by retort #2

Actually, the more credible explanation is that he is not bad at development (again, he is a development "genius" according to Furukawa).
[
Also covered by retort #1/QUOTE]



You make enough left turns, you end up going in circles.

Last edited by Keshav; September 29th, 2018 at 01:20 PM.
Keshav is online now  
September 29th, 2018, 01:34 PM   #168
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,756
Likes: 713

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Kurryfart sure spends a lot of words saying absolutely nothing.
synn is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2018, aragon, chat, gran, movistar, predictions, premio, race



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Go-Pro British Grand Prix - Silverstone 2018 Predictions & Race Chat Keshav MotoGP 85 August 30th, 2018 11:01 PM
Gran Premio Movistar de Aragón 2017 MdubSTYLIE MotoGP 289 September 30th, 2017 02:24 PM
Round 14: 2016 Gran Premio Movistar de Aragón: MotorLand Aragón JPSLotus MotoGP 374 October 1st, 2016 04:33 AM
MotoGP: 2015 Round 14 - Gran Premio Movistar de Aragon (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 231 October 2nd, 2015 07:00 AM
MotoGP Gran Premio Iveco de Aragón Predictions MigsAngel MotoGP 31 September 28th, 2013 07:31 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.