MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree20Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
September 11th, 2018, 11:05 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 844
Likes: 202

Oh here we go again, rossi wants V4 engine

So to not make his claim for a V4 so obvious. He says Ducati and Honda learned from yamaha to make a smooth engine. What a smuck!!! So what happen if he gets a yamaha V4, like the aluminum frame over @ Ducati and still cant deliver?

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/90...learned-yamaha








.

Last edited by evo9; September 11th, 2018 at 01:21 PM.
evo9 is offline  
 
September 11th, 2018, 01:08 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,524
Likes: 290

I Ride: A bicycle.
Wow sour grapes or what?
IMO he's reacting the way that Biaggi did when he couldn't win races, its the bike never the rider, its known Vinales has issues temprament wise when the bike won't do what he wants it to do, but he's not a whinger like Rossi, Old fart.
Theo is offline  
September 11th, 2018, 01:15 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,514
Likes: 447

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Wow sour grapes or what?
IMO he's reacting the way that Biaggi did when he couldn't win races, its the bike never the rider, its known Vinales has issues temprament wise when the bike won't do what he wants it to do, but he's not a whinger like Rossi, Old fart.
I don't know about that. Maverick was super on the Suzuki, super on a Moto2, super on a Moto3, and super on the first iteration of the Yamaha (he destroyed everyone, really). Zarco also doesn't have temperament issues, and now he's struggling to make the top 10.
RCV600RR is offline  
September 11th, 2018, 01:17 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,524
Likes: 290

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
I don't know about that. Maverick was super on the Suzuki, super on a Moto2, super on a Moto3, and super on the first iteration of the Yamaha (he destroyed everyone, really). Zarco also doesn't have temperament issues, and now he's struggling to make the top 10.
Every time I see Vinales face its either sad/sour, or happy, theres a world of difference between the two.
Theo is offline  
September 11th, 2018, 01:30 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,514
Likes: 447

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Every time I see Vinales face its either sad/sour, or happy, theres a world of difference between the two.
He might be expressive, but I don't think his performance on any other bike suggests that his temperament is an issue. It seems that the current Yamaha is a temperamental bike.
Theo likes this.
RCV600RR is offline  
September 11th, 2018, 03:20 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Southport England

Posts: 1,328
Likes: 638

Mr Development strikes again
AntG is offline  
September 11th, 2018, 04:51 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: USA

Posts: 483
Likes: 162

I don't get the feeling that Yamaha is quite on the level of Ducati and Honda when it comes to development. every week, Honda and Ducati are coming out with new components, frames, swingarms, etc. why Yamaha is not really doing much, or at least its not being talked about.
Hollywood is offline  
September 11th, 2018, 06:07 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
AJV80's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2016
From: Queensland Australia

Posts: 740
Likes: 405

I Ride: Suzuki GSX-R 750 / Kawasaki Ninja H2
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
He might be expressive, but I don't think his performance on any other bike suggests that his temperament is an issue. It seems that the current Yamaha is a temperamental bike.
The Yamaha has been pretty average for a few seasons now, compared to the Honda and Ducati their development seems ultra conservative.
AJV80 is offline  
September 11th, 2018, 09:48 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: New Zealand

Posts: 830
Likes: 298

I Ride: An R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo9 View Post
So to not make his claim for a V4 so obvious. He says Ducati and Honda learned from yamaha to make a smooth engine. What a smuck!!! So what happen if he gets a yamaha V4, like the aluminum frame over @ Ducati and still cant deliver?

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/90...learned-yamaha








.
Give him whatever configuration he wants,he'll still get his arse handed to him by Marquez every race weekend.
pyeman is offline  
September 11th, 2018, 10:23 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,756
Likes: 713

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyeman View Post
Give him whatever configuration he wants,he'll still get his arse handed to him by Marquez every race weekend.
Piefuck is an expert at getting his arse handed to him.
I even wrap it up nicely every time I do that.
synn is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
engine, rossi



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to: Say Farewell to an NA F1 V8 Engine Sloth_27 Motorsports 4 November 28th, 2013 08:16 AM
Engine allocation alex29 MotoGP 25 June 8th, 2010 02:19 PM
Rossi fears engine restrictions will hurt MotoGP Pigeon MotoGP 22 December 8th, 2009 04:24 PM
Burgess: No trouble found on Rossi's engine J4rn0 MotoGP 140 November 17th, 2007 07:36 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.