MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree20Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
September 12th, 2018, 04:55 AM   #21
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 775
Likes: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
Keep in mind, none of the actual quotes from Rossi say that “He wants a V4”.
They are more like “Honda and Ducati learned how to make friendlier power delivery like Yamaha. Maybe a V4 will make us competitive again, I don’t know”.

But as usual, the mouthbreathers here read what they want to read.

Anyway... Considering that they have more experience than Rossi on V4, V5 and in-line 4 engines, we definitely should take their opinion over Rossi’s.


Yeah, really? https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/o...-silver-bullet
evo9 is offline  
 
September 12th, 2018, 06:21 AM   #22
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,340
Likes: 249

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
He might be expressive, but I don't think his performance on any other bike suggests that his temperament is an issue. It seems that the current Yamaha is a temperamental bike.
I agree, Vinales isn't a quiter by temperment, but I don't like his agreeing with Rossi so much, Rossi does it for Rossi and no teammate figures in that equation, I think he needs to yank his mechanics off to one side and say this is the way I want it, he also rides totally differently to Rossi.
Theo is offline  
September 12th, 2018, 06:45 AM   #23
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,529
Likes: 579

Quote:
Originally Posted by evo9 View Post
Interesting how that now the engine rule may be effecting Rossi journos are now writing about how the rule should be changed. I don't remember them saying it last year or in 2015&2016 when it affected others.
p4p1 is online now  
September 12th, 2018, 06:50 AM   #24
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,674
Likes: 683

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
Interesting how that now the engine rule may be effecting Rossi journos are now writing about how the rule should be changed. I don't remember them saying it last year or in 2015&2016 when it affected others.
They wrote plenty last year when it affected Suzuki.
Try reading without tunnel vision glasses.
synn is offline  
September 12th, 2018, 09:37 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,529
Likes: 579

Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
They wrote plenty last year when it affected Suzuki.
Try reading without tunnel vision glasses.
Link?
p4p1 is online now  
September 12th, 2018, 10:40 AM   #26
Senior Member
 
Little Walter's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: Stratosphere

Posts: 674
Likes: 276

I Ride: Whatever I can steal
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
Link?
In his case, missing.
pyeman likes this.
Little Walter is offline  
September 12th, 2018, 12:24 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,410
Likes: 419

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
I agree, Vinales isn't a quiter by temperment, but I don't like his agreeing with Rossi so much, Rossi does it for Rossi and no teammate figures in that equation, I think he needs to yank his mechanics off to one side and say this is the way I want it, he also rides totally differently to Rossi.
Mav is pretty honest - if he agrees with Rossi, he doesn't hide that.

Rossi's feedback ended up being right, ultimately. Initially Mav and Zarco said that the 2017 frame concept was better than the 2016 concept, but after a lot of testing, they ended up agreeing with VR.

Yamaha seem to be very slow with updates and innovation in the last few years.

I really think Mav would be smart to go back to Suzuki with strong, contractual assurances of a big budget factory tilt at the title - unless a factory Honda or Ducati becomes available.
Theo likes this.
RCV600RR is offline  
September 12th, 2018, 08:09 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,674
Likes: 683

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
Link?
https://www.google.de/amp/s/www.cras...benefits%3famp

https://www.autosport.com/motogp/new...-suzuki-season




I know it’s hard, but try not to be such a moron next time.
And do your own fucking googling. You’re not a child.
RCV600RR likes this.
synn is offline  
September 13th, 2018, 01:29 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,340
Likes: 249

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Walter View Post
In his case, missing.
Not quite, but its from one of these branches
Keshav and pyeman like this.
Theo is offline  
September 13th, 2018, 01:32 AM   #30
Senior Member
 
Theo's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2015
From: Chertsey, Surrey, UK

Posts: 1,340
Likes: 249

I Ride: A bicycle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
Mav is pretty honest - if he agrees with Rossi, he doesn't hide that.

Rossi's feedback ended up being right, ultimately. Initially Mav and Zarco said that the 2017 frame concept was better than the 2016 concept, but after a lot of testing, they ended up agreeing with VR.

Yamaha seem to be very slow with updates and innovation in the last few years.

I really think Mav would be smart to go back to Suzuki with strong, contractual assurances of a big budget factory tilt at the title - unless a factory Honda or Ducati becomes available.
He always looked happy on the Suzuki, even when it was a pile of crap, sadly though he won't get one for at least 2 years.
Theo is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
engine, rossi



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to: Say Farewell to an NA F1 V8 Engine Sloth_27 Motorsports 4 November 28th, 2013 07:16 AM
Engine allocation alex29 MotoGP 25 June 8th, 2010 01:19 PM
Rossi fears engine restrictions will hurt MotoGP Pigeon MotoGP 22 December 8th, 2009 03:24 PM
Burgess: No trouble found on Rossi's engine J4rn0 MotoGP 140 November 17th, 2007 06:36 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.