MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree77Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
August 7th, 2018, 09:36 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Deefer Dogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: UK

Posts: 273
Likes: 166

eyetime Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich 2018. Predictions & discussion.

Thought I'd better get a thread going on this since it's Tuesday evening and not one appeared yet.

Expecting to see a similar race result as last week but hoping it doesn't take to the last 5 laps to get going.
In moto3, hoping that the Wee McPhee continues to compete up the front but manage to stay out the danger this time.

Really looking forward to this one as flying out Thursday morning for it. A weekend of beer, bikes and burgers. Cannae beat it.
Keshav, danski, McZee and 1 others like this.
Deefer Dogg is offline  
 
August 7th, 2018, 09:41 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: UK

Posts: 374
Likes: 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deefer Dogg View Post
Thought I'd better get a thread going on this since it's Tuesday evening and not one appeared yet.

Expecting to see a similar race result as last week but hoping it doesn't take to the last 5 laps to get going.
In moto3, hoping that the Wee McPhee continues to compete up the front but manage to stay out the danger this time.

Really looking forward to this one as flying out Thursday morning for it. A weekend of beer, bikes and burgers. Cannae beat it.
I really cannot add anything else, fella. The podium will have the same guys on it as Brno.

On a different note, I used to live and work out in Austria, in Graz, designing the mobile phone networks and the A1 Ring, as it was then, was in my patch. It's a lovely neck of the woods.
RCV600RR likes this.
McZee is offline  
August 7th, 2018, 10:20 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Deefer Dogg's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2015
From: UK

Posts: 273
Likes: 166

Graz is where we are staying. Train up and down to circuit all 3 days and from what I have read or been told it is a great way to do it. Must be nice having a reliable switched on rail network.
You're not the first person to tell me how nice the area is. Supposed to be a great trip down from Vienna.
Deefer Dogg is offline  
August 7th, 2018, 03:48 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2011
From: Adelaide

Posts: 194
Likes: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by McZee View Post

On a different note, I used to live and work out in Austria, in Graz, designing the mobile phone networks and the A1 Ring, as it was then, was in my patch. It's a lovely neck of the woods.

Wow! You designed the A1 Ring!! Awesome!
(Kidding)
Go Dovi. Maybe this will be another one for Lorenzo.
SlartyBartFast is offline  
August 7th, 2018, 04:23 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,291
Likes: 1316

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Dovi won here last year. If Lorenzo and him can pull of another 1-2 finish I will be more convinced that Marquez is struggling. I can't say I thought that the case at Brno.
Keshav is offline  
August 7th, 2018, 04:46 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Iamapony's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Santa Cruz, Cal

Posts: 594
Likes: 219

I Ride: BMW, Honda, and another Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Dovi won here last year. If Lorenzo and him can pull of another 1-2 finish I will be more convinced that Honda is struggling. I can't say I thought that the case at Brno.
FTFY. MM doesn't struggle, well, not like mortals. Just look at Pedrosa on the same damn Honda. The Honda isn't perfection. And Rossi continues to beat Crutchlow. I truly believe MM would still be leading the 'ship on a Yamaha or a Ducati. But, I am a MM ass sucker.
Spygoat likes this.
Iamapony is offline  
August 7th, 2018, 05:05 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,324
Likes: 2547

Marquez is not struggling. It was a bike issue at Brno where he couldn't get drive out of corners. If you look, his corner speed was phenomenal, it was the external temperatures that I think did him with making any real challenge. The hard tire isn't hard enough.
RCV600RR and Barbedwirebikerr like this.
JPSLotus is offline  
August 7th, 2018, 07:11 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Barbedwirebikerr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: FNQ

Posts: 637
Likes: 450

I Ride: DRZ400E
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
The hard tire isn't hard enough.
This.^
Barbedwirebikerr is offline  
August 7th, 2018, 07:57 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,530
Likes: 668

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McZee View Post
I really cannot add anything else, fella. The podium will have the same guys on it as Brno.

On a different note, I used to live and work out in Austria, in Graz, designing the mobile phone networks and the A1 Ring, as it was then, was in my patch. It's a lovely neck of the woods.
Graz is beautiful.
McZee likes this.
synn is offline  
August 7th, 2018, 10:18 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: New Zealand

Posts: 670
Likes: 260

I Ride: An R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deefer Dogg View Post
Thought I'd better get a thread going on this since it's Tuesday evening and not one appeared yet.

Expecting to see a similar race result as last week but hoping it doesn't take to the last 5 laps to get going.
In moto3, hoping that the Wee McPhee continues to compete up the front but manage to stay out the danger this time.

Really looking forward to this one as flying out Thursday morning for it. A weekend of beer, bikes and burgers. Cannae beat it.
They had beer and burgers in Scotland when i lived there,and deep fried mars bars...granted the beer was only that Tennents pish....
pyeman is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2018, discussion, eyetime, grand, motorrad, predictions, prix, von, Österreich



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Monster Energy Grand Prix České republiky Predictions & Race Discussion ce Keshav MotoGP 123 August 8th, 2018 06:44 AM
NeroGiardini Motorrad Grand Prix von Trapp Austria 2017 MdubSTYLIE MotoGP 144 August 30th, 2017 02:31 PM
GoPro Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland MdubSTYLIE MotoGP 772 July 25th, 2017 09:50 AM
GoPro Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland 2016 spoiler and shit MdubSTYLIE MotoGP 560 July 21st, 2016 11:59 PM
MotoGP: 2015 Round 09 - GoPro Motorrad Grand Prix Deutschland (SPOILERS) budoist MotoGP 157 July 14th, 2015 05:57 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.