MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree43Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
July 12th, 2018, 07:45 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,268
Likes: 2534

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
Damn, what a shame.
I tend to disagree. He had 12 years on the Repsol Honda and delivered a bunch of wins and no title. He should have been gone a couple of years back after Marquez demolished him in 2014.
JPSLotus is online now  
 
July 12th, 2018, 08:41 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Joined: Feb 2015
From: Southport England

Posts: 1,248
Likes: 600

So has he retired from MotoGP or has he retired full stop?
AntG is online now  
July 12th, 2018, 09:15 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,332
Likes: 1550

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntG View Post
So has he retired from MotoGP or has he retired full stop?
I would say full stop. The guys that go to WSBK do so for lack of options, Dani had the option of staying on what should be a competitive bike. Marc said weeks ago Daniís problem was lack of motivation and once you lose that edge itís time to go. I hope for him that he can conjure up enough to get at least one win so he can go out saying I won every year for 17 years.
Mick D, danski and McZee like this.
povol is offline  
July 12th, 2018, 10:28 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,291
Likes: 378

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
I tend to disagree. He had 12 years on the Repsol Honda and delivered a bunch of wins and no title. He should have been gone a couple of years back after Marquez demolished him in 2014.
I see your point - he's never going to win the title but I was very curious to see him on the M1, though. The guy was one of the best ever on a 125 and 250 (and the M1 is good for graduates of that school of riding).

With that being said, I'm not going to be too harsh on him after 2014 because Marquez is a bit of a cannibal, and one of the best ever.
RCV600RR is offline  
July 12th, 2018, 10:29 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 739
Likes: 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by povol View Post
I would say full stop. The guys that go to WSBK do so for lack of options, Dani had the option of staying on what should be a competitive bike. Marc said weeks ago Daniís problem was lack of motivation and once you lose that edge itís time to go. I hope for him that he can conjure up enough to get at least one win so he can go out saying I won every year for 17 years.
Yeah, would love to see the little man do that while bringing down the curtain.
evo9 is offline  
July 12th, 2018, 12:19 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Northern Italy

Posts: 411
Likes: 342

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
The Petronas Yamaha was offered to him, and not once.

He simply felt done with the sport. I respect his decision, and while he is not competitive in this very moment, he remains one of the greatest, wether you like it or not. 153 podiums. I'd like to see anyone that calls Pedro a non-winner achieve that
BarryMachine, RCV600RR and McZee like this.
Holypuck is offline  
July 12th, 2018, 01:13 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,268
Likes: 2534

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
The Petronas Yamaha was offered to him, and not once.

He simply felt done with the sport. I respect his decision, and while he is not competitive in this very moment, he remains one of the greatest, wether you like it or not. 153 podiums. I'd like to see anyone that calls Pedro a non-winner achieve that
Let's face it, the last time he won a title was in 2005 in 250cc. He was a great 125 and 250 rider. But he was a good MotoGP rider. He couldn't seal the deal when he needed to and that's always going to be a mark against him. I still believe the thrashing Marquez gave him in 2014 demoralized him and he went downhill after that, pulling out the odd win when the stars aligned for him. He was only kept around because he was no threat to Marquez and knew his place. But his downhill turn was a problem since Honda is after that constructor's title, and they can't have an underperforming rider out there anymore.
RCV600RR likes this.
JPSLotus is online now  
July 12th, 2018, 03:38 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,332
Likes: 1550

He is still one of the best who ever raced, just had the misfortune of coming along in an era that had one all time great AND the three best who ever competed. Thanks for the memories little man, good and bad,You are forgiven. Make it safely to Valencia and blow their doors off for a swan song and walk away with your head held high. Enjoy your retirement
povol is offline  
July 12th, 2018, 04:06 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,341
Likes: 938

I Ride: Many
Pedrosa. Always been one of my favourites. True gentleman.

He achieved legend status with me years ago.
BarryMachine is offline  
July 12th, 2018, 04:43 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: On the edge in California

Posts: 196
Likes: 84

I Ride: 1972 BMW R75/5
Can’t help but think somebody else could have done more with that bike. But the results explain why Honda hung in with him.

Knocking Nick off the bike in 2006 and cheating on his captain’s license are marks against his character in my book.
Bern1 is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
future, motogp, pedrosa, reveal, sachsenring



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Future of MotoGP (part du) Jumkie MotoGP 102 January 30th, 2015 11:23 PM
The future of MotoGP? mylexicon MotoGP 21 August 1st, 2014 03:24 PM
MotoGP's Future Mental Anarchist MotoGP 123 September 29th, 2012 06:08 AM
ducati reveal GP9 jazkat MotoGP 15 January 15th, 2009 12:44 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.