MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree121Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
July 1st, 2018, 11:03 PM   #101
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: UK

Posts: 377
Likes: 209

That really could have been a lot, lot worse. They were lucky the impact was 'square on.'
McZee is offline  
 
July 1st, 2018, 11:07 PM   #102
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,651
Likes: 2039

Lorenzo takes one up the ass ........... so to speak
https://streamable.com/8se5d
Gaz is offline  
July 1st, 2018, 11:33 PM   #103
Senior Member
 
Barbedwirebikerr's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2016
From: FNQ

Posts: 669
Likes: 479

I Ride: DRZ400E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
Lorenzo takes one up the ass ........... so to speak
https://streamable.com/8se5d
That overhead shot shows how close Lorenzo came to losing it before impact with Rossi.

Can't help but feel we averted a huge incident in this moment. If Lorenzo came off when he lost the front, he was in a bad position.
Barbedwirebikerr is online now  
July 2nd, 2018, 05:56 AM   #104
Senior Member
 
Iamapony's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Santa Cruz, Cal

Posts: 594
Likes: 219

I Ride: BMW, Honda, and another Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo9 View Post
And then there is the blame the other guy for...... https://www.motorsport.com/motogp/ne...i-1054409/?s=1

But Dovi seems to echo Marc's

Some things never change. It racing, not ballroom dancing!! Maybe ask Petrucci to be there next time, so he can move over for you.
The good news is that Rossi fans now have an Italian to boo, along with Marquez and Lorenzo. The bad news is that they will still boo Marc, because they can't see passed their ignorant and sore loser noses.
Rossi is -
"Blinded by (his own yellow) light
Revved up like a deuce
Another runner in the night"
payne by name and evo9 like this.
Iamapony is offline  
July 2nd, 2018, 06:48 AM   #105
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,485
Likes: 2052

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
The good news is that Rossi fans now have an Italian to boo, along with Marquez and Lorenzo. The bad news is that they will still boo Marc, because they can't see passed their ignorant and sore loser noses.
Rossi is -
"Blinded by (his own yellow) light
Revved up like a deuce
Another runner in the night"
Didn’t have such a problem with this one, something of a whine but he did ride well enough for second, and was understandably disappointed; no character assassination or conspiracy theories.
RCV600RR likes this.

Last edited by michaelm; July 2nd, 2018 at 02:13 PM.
michaelm is online now  
July 2nd, 2018, 08:29 AM   #106
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,418
Likes: 423

I Ride: R6
Rossi tried to stay on Dovi's outside, but Dovi ran a little wide. Rossi should know that that's the risk he runs when he stays on the outside...He lost a podium for no reason.

With that being said, Dovi could've taken a little less risk in making that pass because, in running wide, he let Rins and Mav by.

Last edited by RCV600RR; July 2nd, 2018 at 09:14 AM.
RCV600RR is offline  
July 2nd, 2018, 08:59 AM   #107
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: UK

Posts: 377
Likes: 209

Whilst it's cool that there are so many incidents up for discussion from the race and I am sure that fans of riders who came off the worse, understandably, won't be happy. I (personally) don't have an issue with any of the incidents from Assen.
I am just really glad that the Vale/Horhay coming together (nobody's fault) wasn't any worse, that could've been awful.
RCV600RR, JPSLotus, NJIRK and 1 others like this.
McZee is offline  
July 2nd, 2018, 09:27 AM   #108
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,324
Likes: 2548

Quote:
Originally Posted by McZee View Post
Whilst it's cool that there are so many incidents up for discussion from the race and I am sure that fans of riders who came off the worse, understandably, won't be happy. I (personally) don't have an issue with any of the incidents from Assen.
I am just really glad that the Vale/Horhay coming together (nobody's fault) wasn't any worse, that could've been awful.
Lorenzo did a great job of staying on the bike. Already watched the race twice and how fast Rossi closed up on Lorenzo was frightening. Actually both of them could have gone down which might have been horrific with the oncoming train of bikes behind them as I don't know if something could have been avoided at those speeds in that section of the circuit.
payne by name and McZee like this.
JPSLotus is offline  
July 2nd, 2018, 01:30 PM   #109
Senior Member
 
Iamapony's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Santa Cruz, Cal

Posts: 594
Likes: 219

I Ride: BMW, Honda, and another Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
Rossi tried to stay on Dovi's outside, but Dovi ran a little wide. Rossi should know that that's the risk he runs when he stays on the outside...He lost a podium for no reason.

With that being said, Dovi could've taken a little less risk in making that pass because, in running wide, he let Rins and Mav by.
Good yellow god. You are excusing Rossi's bullshit. When Stoner complained about Rossi's aggressive riding, every damn Rossi fan called Stoner a pussy-jerk-asswipe-Ad nauseam. And Rossi laughed at him, saying "that is racing".

I was actually on Rossi's side when Lorenzo complained about his riding in that great Catalunya race. Lorenzo was another one that USE to complain about the stuff that he also did to others. Valentino has been a hypocritical bitch for years, now. He has become as bad as Crutchlow with excuses and blaming everyone, but himself. If Dovi or Marc behaved the same way, people would call them prima donnas and shut them down. Rossi will never get a pass in my book, because I am actually fair and unbiased with EVERY-darn-THING. Something that seems hard to grasp around this joint.
Aw Mang likes this.
Iamapony is offline  
July 2nd, 2018, 01:31 PM   #110
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,692
Likes: 688

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
Good yellow god. You are excusing Rossi's bullshit. When Stoner complained about Rossi's aggressive riding, every damn Rossi fan called Stoner a pussy-jerk-asswipe-Ad nauseam. And Rossi laughed at him, saying "that is racing".

I was actually on Rossi's side when Lorenzo complained about his riding in that great Catalunya race. Lorenzo was another one that USE to complain about the stuff that he also did to others. Valentino has been a hypocritical bitch for years, now. He has become as bad as Crutchlow with excuses and blaming everyone, but himself. If Dovi or Marc behaved the same way, people would call them prima donnas and shut them down. Rossi will never get a pass in my book, because I am actually fair and unbiased with EVERY-darn-THING. Something that seems hard to grasp around this joint.
But tell us how you really feel...
synn is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
2018, assen, motul



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gran Premio Motul de la República Argentina MdubSTYLIE MotoGP 931 April 19th, 2018 05:01 PM
2017 Gran Premio Motul de la Comunitat Valenciana JPSLotus MotoGP 381 November 19th, 2017 09:55 PM
Motul Grand Prix of Japan 2017 Motokitty MotoGP 8 October 6th, 2017 04:24 PM
Gran Premio Motul de la República Argentina 2017 MdubSTYLIE MotoGP 695 April 18th, 2017 03:37 PM
Motul Grand Prix of Japan 2016 spoilers MdubSTYLIE MotoGP 266 October 25th, 2016 01:45 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.