MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree17Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
June 22nd, 2018, 09:23 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Canada

Posts: 291
Likes: 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamfan View Post
This could well happen if Ducati still feel Dovi is their preferred rider to battle for the championship.
Yup. Plus these are factory riders who would be treated differently than a whole satellite team who is leaving the fold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamfan View Post
... I feel Ducati management’s impatience (and sometimes blatant insults towards their rider to the press) has created a real dilemma for the remainder of the season. Their criticism of Lorenzo to the press sometimes has been over the top ... how many times has Jarvis or Puig been out in front of the BT Sports cameras slating Maverick or Dani’s struggles?
Aprilia has publically treated their riders like shit too.

Terrible management is common everywhere, in all pursuits, it seems.
MadMax is offline  
 
June 22nd, 2018, 10:53 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,341
Likes: 2573

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Yup. Plus these are factory riders who would be treated differently than a whole satellite team who is leaving the fold.



Aprilia has publically treated their riders like shit too.

Terrible management is common everywhere, in all pursuits, it seems.
Redding found out he was out at Aprilia through social media.
JPSLotus is offline  
June 22nd, 2018, 04:44 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Iamapony's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Santa Cruz, Cal

Posts: 599
Likes: 224

I Ride: BMW, Honda, and another Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by robains View Post
This doesn't make much sense, so by your desire ... if you crash out you'll be even further behind because the winner would get even more points ("bigger reward") ... so I'm assuming you're a Marquez fan who is a crash or win kinda rider, your "bigger reward" system would make it worse for Marquez, not better so it would discourage crashing out and pushing harder because you lose more points.

Rob
California school system?

My point system vs. current point system
You will note that two fourths tie a 2nd. No cruising, and waiting for faster people to crash in my league to win a 'ship. And yet, two thirds will beat a win. Seems like a reasonable compromise. Perhaps third should only be 25 points. But, I thought 20 points in spread from a win was rather substantial.

50 25
40 20
30 16
20 13
15 11
10 10
9 9
8 8
7 7
6 6
5 5
4 4
3 3
2 2
1 1
Iamapony is offline  
June 22nd, 2018, 08:19 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Canada

Posts: 291
Likes: 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
California school system?
Gold.
MadMax is offline  
June 22nd, 2018, 11:51 PM   #35
Junior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2018
From: Madrid (Spain)

Posts: 15
Likes: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
California school system?

My point system vs. current point system
You will note that two fourths tie a 2nd. No cruising, and waiting for faster people to crash in my league to win a 'ship. And yet, two thirds will beat a win. Seems like a reasonable compromise. Perhaps third should only be 25 points. But, I thought 20 points in spread from a win was rather substantial.

50 25
40 20
30 16
20 13
15 11
10 10
9 9
8 8
7 7
6 6
5 5
4 4
3 3
2 2
1 1
It's always great looking at things from a fresh angle
Have you checked what would've happen on the previous seasons if your point system would've been applied?

If not, I may find a spot next week to go over that.

I'm eager to know how much the championship would've changed
DavidOA is offline  
July 10th, 2018, 05:23 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Italy

Posts: 510
Likes: 419

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
quite the performance in the Netherlands for MV! I hope he gets to be as "in shape" as he was in Assen at every future race. It's so much fun to see him in the mix. Same thing for Rins.
McZee likes this.
Holypuck is offline  
July 10th, 2018, 05:37 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: UK

Posts: 377
Likes: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
quite the performance in the Netherlands for MV! I hope he gets to be as "in shape" as he was in Assen at every future race. It's so much fun to see him in the mix. Same thing for Rins.
Agreed, mate. The closer the field the better. But I can't see him, or anyone for that matter, regardless of how rejuvenated they may be, stopping Marc in Germany.
Holypuck likes this.
McZee is offline  
July 10th, 2018, 12:35 PM   #38
Senior Member
 
Iamapony's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2016
From: Santa Cruz, Cal

Posts: 599
Likes: 224

I Ride: BMW, Honda, and another Honda
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidOA View Post
.....
I'm eager to know how much the championship would've changed
I just did 2015 because it was controversial. It happens there is only a 10 point spread between Rossi and Lorenzo with my point system as opposed to 5 points with current rules. Amazing. It made more difference farther down the finishing list.

I thought my idea would effect 2012 because JLo had ten (10) 2nds. But, he also had six (6) wins, so that was plenty to stay on top of Stoner and Pedrosa. Pretty tough for Dani to lose the 'ship with 332 points. That is a lot of points for second place.
Iamapony is offline  
July 10th, 2018, 01:46 PM   #39
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,507
Likes: 444

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamapony View Post
I just did 2015 because it was controversial. It happens there is only a 10 point spread between Rossi and Lorenzo with my point system as opposed to 5 points with current rules. Amazing. It made more difference farther down the finishing list.

I thought my idea would effect 2012 because JLo had ten (10) 2nds. But, he also had six (6) wins, so that was plenty to stay on top of Stoner and Pedrosa. Pretty tough for Dani to lose the 'ship with 332 points. That is a lot of points for second place.
Keep in mind that riders would considerably increase the risks they would take to win if the reward for winning was so much greater than second.
RCV600RR is online now  
July 30th, 2018, 07:21 AM   #40
Junior Member
 
Joined: Mar 2018
From: Arizona

Posts: 19
Likes: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
Yup.



Aprilia has publically treated their riders like shit too.

Terrible management is common everywhere, in all pursuits, it seems.

LOL

THE post of the year so far!!!!!!!

GP
GraPie is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
vinales



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I heard this weird thing about Vinales Holypuck MotoGP 206 November 7th, 2018 10:15 AM
Vinales tops FP1 povol MotoGP 1 June 3rd, 2016 04:43 AM
Schwantz says Vinales should stay at Suzuki tps7c MotoGP 4 May 15th, 2016 05:43 PM
Vinales the nest Rossi? tps7c MotoGP 41 April 22nd, 2016 11:05 AM
Vinales or Rins povol MotoGP 7 April 11th, 2016 12:37 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.