MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree508Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
June 16th, 2018, 03:19 PM   #571
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2015
From: New Zealand

Posts: 807
Likes: 285

I Ride: An R1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyKnockdown View Post
Would love to see some video of your band
I know its risky putting your personal info and image into this place but if you were willing to do so, I would have your back if anyone had a go at you
Thanks man..i don't have any footage of me playing,loads of people do as everyone has a phone these days..i guess even if i did i wouldn't put it on the interweb as there's too many 'experts' out there waiting to pick you apart,not saying people here would, but i don't like to broadcast myself...you're not missing much to tell the truth!...think 70's rock covers band ala Zeppelin/Creedence/Skynyrd/Eagles etc...
pyeman is offline  
 
June 16th, 2018, 03:29 PM   #572
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,380
Likes: 1585

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
next year. He was born in '79
61 here , still riding sport bikes even after double knee replacement 6 months ago. I see the look of disbelief on the whippersnappers faces all the time. I will go by a group of out of staters on their liter bikes and when we get to the store they always wonder by pointing at the beaded up rubber on the edge of the tires , then they see this big old cripple with the salt and pepper goatee. I have guys I ride with in their 50ís who ride liter bike who are fast as hell, been riding together for 35 years and everyone knows the pecking order.
michaelm, Keshav, Mick D and 2 others like this.
povol is offline  
June 16th, 2018, 04:54 PM   #573
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,692
Likes: 688

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post


Not ever having been wrongly pilloried and lied about by Jumkie. - you wouldnít understand how irksome the whole business can be, hence my being less than generous when dealing with Jum. Years of being subjected to abusive rants by Jum have a way of colouring oneís memories. Besides it was rusty. Moreover it had several nearly bald tires that left us sitting stranded in the desert for hours waiting for a tow truck. Not that we didnít have a great time in the end - but that said it doesnít buy him a free pass to repeatedly falsely vilify me on the forum. If thatís how things worked - then my not ungenerous offer to throw Jum a free round trip airline ticket from LA to Texas should rightly insulate me from his ceaseless personal attacks, wouldnít you say? Iíve mentioned this several times and Jum hasnít denied or discounted it, or for that matter even acknowledged it.

Bottom line... I was a loyal friend until Jum decided he could not be a friend to both me and Rog at the same time. It was his choice. In the end- itís a tempest in a teapot, not worthy of endless discussion on a racing forum. But people do like to fritter away their time gossiping about things that have nothing to do with them. Iíll go so far as to say that the curtains would have closed on this soap opera years ago if rubberneckers had refrained from adding their own two cents. what to do? Social media brings out the worst tribal tendencies in people and folks feel compelled to take sides according to their various biases. Over time ďfactsĒ become blurred or even irrelevant as people dig their trenches and stay in them.
Words cannot describe what an ungrateful piece of shit this man is.
RCV600RR likes this.
synn is offline  
June 16th, 2018, 09:24 PM   #574
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2007
From: Norah Head

Posts: 9,379
Likes: 954

I Ride: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
Words cannot describe what an ungrateful piece of shit this man is.
Oh thank christ for that! At last it was pretty tiresome hearing you whinge about him all of the time.

I look forward to your new .... sane ... practice of .... not having the words.
BarryMachine is offline  
June 17th, 2018, 09:05 AM   #575
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jun 2006
From: London, United Kingdom

Posts: 138
Likes: 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdubSTYLIE View Post
Absolutely white privilege is a real thing. I don't think either of use have the solution but I have an opinion that white people deciding what is offensive for another race an be detrimental to making things better. We don't need more racist term we need less. I get that your close ties to Indian culture make that a hot bottom term to call you, thats why he did it. But the reason I have the opinion about what he said was just summed up very well by JK, the word curry is still acceptable. So coming up with a term using it to offend you isn't actually racist. Offensive for sure. But not the same as monkey, beaner, or dot head. Those are terrible terms and I would not be okay with him using them against you or anyone else. Your reaction to the term curryfat can set the direction of the meaning. Blow it off and its just dust in the wind.
Argue away with Keshav all you want but I have to comment on your white privilege statement. I couldn't disagree more. It doesn't exist and is just another bullshit term for self entitled folks to pass off everything negative that happens to them (not getting that job, getting less fries, getting cut up in traffic etc) on some master plan hatched up by evil whiteys rather than the failings in themselves.

White people promoting it are just virtuous fools attempting to ingratiate themselves to ethnic minorities but ultimately demeaning them by implying that they are inferior because they can't be treated with the equal respect that they can make it or break it entirely on their own.

'There, there black man, you didn't make it because us nasty crackers tied an arm behind your back. Allow us to help you out with some positive discrimination because you couldn't succeed without our assistance'.

Last edited by payne by name; June 17th, 2018 at 09:13 AM.
payne by name is offline  
June 17th, 2018, 09:23 AM   #576
Senior Member
 
MdubSTYLIE's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
From: Shovel's Club

Posts: 4,880
Likes: 1683

I Ride: your mom
Quote:
Originally Posted by payne by name View Post
Argue away with Keshav all you want but I have to comment on your white privilege statement. I couldn't disagree more. It doesn't exist and is just another bullshit term for self entitled folks to pass off everything negative that happens to them (not getting that job, getting less fries, getting cut up in traffic etc) on some master plan hatched up by evil whiteys rather than the failings in themselves.

White people promoting it are just virtuous fools attempting to ingratiate themselves to ethnic minorities but ultimately demeaning them by implying that they are inferior because they can't be treated with the equal respect that they can make it or break it entirely on their own.

'There, there black man, you didn't make it because us nasty crackers tied an arm behind your back. Allow us to help you out with some positive discrimination because you couldn't succeed without our assistance'.
Acknowledging white privilege is a thing is not the same as offering a handout. There are a lot of corners of america where there absolutely is white privilege its not even debatable. The feeling that someone is owed something because of that isn't the solution, equality is.
Keshav likes this.
MdubSTYLIE is offline  
June 17th, 2018, 12:05 PM   #577
Senior Member
 
Spygoat's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2018
From: New York

Posts: 119
Likes: 85

I Ride: 2016 Honda Blade Repsol SP
Whatever happened to doing your best and standing on your own merit?
McZee likes this.
Spygoat is offline  
June 17th, 2018, 01:41 PM   #578
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2016
From: Canada

Posts: 291
Likes: 142

If you think someone isn't capable of that you have to find a reason to blame someone else for their predicament.
MadMax is offline  
June 17th, 2018, 02:38 PM   #579
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,354
Likes: 1340

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by payne by name View Post
Argue away with Keshav all you want but I have to comment on your white privilege statement. I couldn't disagree more. It doesn't exist and is just another bullshit term for self entitled folks to pass off everything negative that happens to them (not getting that job, getting less fries, getting cut up in traffic etc) on some master plan hatched up by evil whiteys rather than the failings in themselves.

White people promoting it are just virtuous fools attempting to ingratiate themselves to ethnic minorities but ultimately demeaning them by implying that they are inferior because they can't be treated with the equal respect that they can make it or break it entirely on their own.

'There, there black man, you didn't make it because us nasty crackers tied an arm behind your back. Allow us to help you out with some positive discrimination because you couldn't succeed without our assistance'.
On this count, there's zero disagreement between Dubs and myself. I'd present arguments to counter your assertions, but knowing it would be a long on-going thing, I won't, unless you want to take it to Social and make it a separate thread. Discussions on politics or religion are not everybody's cup of tea.
Keshav is online now  
June 17th, 2018, 02:40 PM   #580
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,354
Likes: 1340

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spygoat View Post
Whatever happened to doing your best and standing on your own merit?
Dude! Where in NY are you? PM me.
Spygoat likes this.
Keshav is online now  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
hrc, lorenzo, sign



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you were Herve, who would you sign? MdubSTYLIE MotoGP 51 September 20th, 2010 02:11 PM
lorenzo sign 1 year deal @yamaha cygnus88 MotoGP 116 September 3rd, 2009 09:20 AM
Who would you sign? Eagle088 MotoGP 86 January 3rd, 2007 06:09 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.