MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree508Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
June 12th, 2018, 11:13 AM   #431
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,453
Likes: 1629

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
The few beers call may well be accurate, as I recall he had his timelines with ex- riders mixed up.

The thing could be three fold. It keeps Lorenzo off a Yamaha, which HRC may see as worthwhile in itself, and particularly with Puig running the show I wouldn’t dismiss that as a motive. They may not be happy with having a bike only the prodigious MM can ride, for a number of reasons, including it reflecting more credit on him than their bike, and riders and even satellite teams not being keen on riding/leasing/whatever their bike. They may see Lorenzo as an MM replacement if he seeks his manifest destiny elsewhere eventually which like you and many others I think he will eventually do, although Jorge is no spring chicken now.

If they really want to build a cornerspeed bike they probably can, and while I take your opinion seriously as far as riding styles are concerned if Puig thinks he can ride a Honda he has a rather strong record as far as rider talent identification goes, and Dani’s and Jorge’s original styles were developed in the 250 class, with both obviously being great 250 riders.
The Honda is already a corner speed bike, Marquez just doesn’t use The Jorge style of being corner speed dependent. Nakamoto said two years ago that Honda had matched or even surpassed any bike on the grid in corner speed.
Gaz, Keshav and RCV600RR like this.
povol is offline  
 
June 12th, 2018, 11:33 AM   #432
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,341
Likes: 2573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
There were myriad parallels. Easy mistake to make. I saw my error and copped to it ages ago. I said in no uncertain terms I was wrong.

Meanwhile - apparently your rule of thumb is that being a member of the mean girls club means never having to say you’re sorry.
No one else made the mistake other than you and Bitch Machine. Chasing ghosts because you're out to believe there's some conspiracy.

There's nothing for me to apologize for. You however have a lot to apologize for including dragging my name into this topic for no real reason.
RCV600RR, danski and synn like this.
JPSLotus is offline  
June 12th, 2018, 01:49 PM   #433
Senior Member
 
J4rn0's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Tuscany, Italy

Posts: 3,798
Likes: 726

I Ride: Yamaha and Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by povol View Post
The Honda is already a corner speed bike, Marquez just doesn’t use The Jorge style of being corner speed dependent. Nakamoto said two years ago that Honda had matched or even surpassed any bike on the grid in corner speed.
I wonder how Nakamoto knows it, since no real corner-speed rider ever rode a HRC machine in the last few years. That sounds like a wishful claim, but hey, why worry, we'll see...
RCV600RR likes this.
J4rn0 is offline  
June 12th, 2018, 02:33 PM   #434
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,449
Likes: 1378

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
No one else made the mistake other than you and Bitch Machine. Chasing ghosts because you're out to believe there's some conspiracy.

There's nothing for me to apologize for. You however have a lot to apologize for including dragging my name into this topic for no real reason.
Right.... you're perfect. You never make mistakes. And you're always unfailingly polite. :roll eyes:

Never said there was a conspiracy. Sock puppets abound here and all the old timers tend to speculate on the real identity of someone who arrives here and behaves in all too familiar patterns. Enough with the straw man and red herring arguments.

If you three actually want to talk about racing - the only thing that's in the way is your constant need to dominate the forum by telling others when they can and can't have a voice here. Get used to the idea that you all can't MAKE me do anything. A better tack, is to get on with talking about racing and give up on the idea of running me off.
Keshav is offline  
June 12th, 2018, 02:38 PM   #435
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,507
Likes: 444

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
If you three actually want to talk about racing .
The irony is delicious. Kancer klogs a thread, gets called out on it, then complains that those calling Kancer out are derailing the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
telling others when they can and can't have a voice here.
Having a voice to share racing views is welcome. Using your voice to klog is not.

How hard is this distinction to grasp? Or can't you help yourself?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Get used to the idea that you all can't MAKE me do anything.
Indeed. If we could, these threads wouldn't be klogged by you so incessantly, and you'd stop humiliating yourself.
Furiosa and synn like this.
RCV600RR is offline  
June 12th, 2018, 02:43 PM   #436
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,449
Likes: 1378

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by McZee View Post
That's a good shout. Marc has to win on another manufacturer if he truly wants a legacy. As has been said, without Marc, honda need a machine that normal people, without pure speed-force for dna, can be successful on. If that is the case, then Horhay is your man.
I reckon the idea that a rider needs to win on different teams to have a legacy is a recent fan construct. Marquez is likely on his way to beating Rossi's records in a relatively short time. The only reason I can see him going to another factory, is if Honda has an extended fallow period with their bikes lagging behind all the others. Many of the greats we call "legends" were one-brand guys. Spencer was always on a Honda. Schwartz - always on a Suzuki, Roberts always on a Yamaha, Doohan's entire GP career - on a Honda etc.
Keshav is offline  
June 12th, 2018, 02:45 PM   #437
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,449
Likes: 1378

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
The irony is delicious. Kancer klogs a thread, gets called out on it, then complains that those calling Kancer out are derailing the thread.



Having a voice to share racing views is welcome. Using your voice to klog is not.

How hard is this distinction to grasp? Or can't you help yourself?


Indeed. If we could, these threads wouldn't be klogged by you so incessantly, and you'd stop humiliating yourself.
So... I take it - not ready to talk about racing?
Keshav is offline  
June 12th, 2018, 02:49 PM   #438
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 841
Likes: 202

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
Good post.

This is a tough call.

On one hand, I think Jorge will naturally ride the Honda better than Dani. I keep thinking - it's a Repsol Honda, how bad can it be?

Then, I look at Rabat. I look at Miller. When they jumped off the Honda, and jumped on the Ducatis, they were immediately much more competitive. Was it because they had satellite Hondas? We just don't know.

We will know soon.

You guy's keep forgetting each year the Honda has a drastic change. More so than the other MFG on the grid. The 2017 bike was a known difficult bike to ride.
evo9 is offline  
June 12th, 2018, 02:59 PM   #439
Senior Member
 
JPSLotus's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2015
From: Madison Square Garden 1973

Posts: 5,341
Likes: 2573

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Right.... you're perfect. You never make mistakes. And you're always unfailingly polite. :roll eyes:

Never said there was a conspiracy. Sock puppets abound here and all the old timers tend to speculate on the real identity of someone who arrives here and behaves in all too familiar patterns. Enough with the straw man and red herring arguments.

If you three actually want to talk about racing - the only thing that's in the way is your constant need to dominate the forum by telling others when they can and can't have a voice here. Get used to the idea that you all can't MAKE me do anything. A better tack, is to get on with talking about racing and give up on the idea of running me off.
Do you even listen to yourself?

You accused multiple members of being Roger who hasn't posted in what, a decade?

You have run off multiple members, most recently Albert Tatlock.

You should get off the forum. You're a toxic presence who needless starts shit to get his rocks off and then plays the "Who me card" after getting called in the bullshit.

Your miserable fucking ass purposely dragged my name into this topic for no good reason. What you failed to understand about the kropo topic was it dealt with his professional journalism. Something that apparently flew over your fucking head. Kropo is a hack and will always forever be one for the way he throws and attempts to throw riders under the bus.

Stop acting like some anointed saint. Everyone sees through your vapid cunt ass behavior. Forum wrecker extraordinaire. Maybe the next new member you can accuse of being Roger and run them off.

Keep klogging thread after thread. It shows your true colors.
RCV600RR and synn like this.
JPSLotus is offline  
June 12th, 2018, 03:04 PM   #440
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,756
Likes: 713

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Right.... you're perfect. You never make mistakes. And you're always unfailingly polite. :roll eyes:

Never said there was a conspiracy. Sock puppets abound here and all the old timers tend to speculate on the real identity of someone who arrives here and behaves in all too familiar patterns. Enough with the straw man and red herring arguments.

If you three actually want to talk about racing - the only thing that's in the way is your constant need to dominate the forum by telling others when they can and can't have a voice here. Get used to the idea that you all can't MAKE me do anything. A better tack, is to get on with talking about racing and give up on the idea of running me off.
Klog klog klog
synn is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
hrc, lorenzo, sign



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you were Herve, who would you sign? MdubSTYLIE MotoGP 51 September 20th, 2010 03:11 PM
lorenzo sign 1 year deal @yamaha cygnus88 MotoGP 116 September 3rd, 2009 10:20 AM
Who would you sign? Eagle088 MotoGP 86 January 3rd, 2007 07:09 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.