MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree508Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
June 12th, 2018, 06:48 AM   #421
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,732
Likes: 699

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
Agree. Too bad he perceived me as some alpha dog that needed to be taken down a notch. A silly idea. To my way of thinking, the internet is as egalitarian a place as you'll find. I'd be more than happy to discuss racing with Synn, as long as he wasn't constantly trying to dominate the conversation with endless schoolboy insults. I'm not "hurt" by them. It's just tedious.
At no point has anyone mistaken you for an alpha dog.
You’re a bottom feeder who tried to rise up the food chain and was slapped down to your rightful place.
RCV600RR likes this.
synn is offline  
 
June 12th, 2018, 07:11 AM   #422
Senior Member
 
J4rn0's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Tuscany, Italy

Posts: 3,798
Likes: 726

I Ride: Yamaha and Ducati
Quote:
Originally Posted by evo9 View Post
I managed only now to read it, and I think good old Mat must have been drinking a few beers before writing that article. Or maybe hes' trying to please also Lorenzo's fans, for a change.

It's difficult to agree with what he says. The Honda is a short, nervous, powerful bike that cannot be ridden like a good old 250 (which is the way Lorenzo still loves to ride). Mat compares Lorenzo to Pedrosa, but Pedro rides his own clean kind of point-and-shoot style, and saves tires mostly thanks to his low weight. We have seen that Lorenzo, if he cannot ride his way, uses tires up even faster than others. So, will he win on the Honda? Very unlikely, unless HRC build a Yamhonda just for him.

Will they? Adding a thought to whatever I have already said on this subject, it is even possible that Lorenzo himself, while not believing even for a second he can match Marquez' performance next year, is actually planning for the future. He'll be learning, and probably asking Honda for a custom frame; then, when MM's and JL's contracts both expire at the end 2020, hopefully Marquez will finally go to KTM or Ducati looking for his 'next challenge'. Then Lorenzo could remain as the main HRC rider, if things begin look promising there, or happily return to de-Rossified Yamaha.
payne by name, Keshav and RCV600RR like this.
J4rn0 is offline  
June 12th, 2018, 07:30 AM   #423
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,460
Likes: 436

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by McZee View Post
Mate, I used to dismiss them out of hand as, 'a hair dressers car,' (I hasten to add that that was during my uneducated youth), but that was up until I drove one.
They are great pieces of kit and, as cars go, fantastic fun.
Highly recommended, fella.
Furusawa has one. That sold me on them!
RCV600RR is offline  
June 12th, 2018, 07:32 AM   #424
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,460
Likes: 436

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keshav View Post
And you apparently can't help yourself when it comes to chiming in. Why you waste your time trying to scold me is anybody's guess.
The board is sick and tired of your klogging, Kancer. You've ruined all the threads. Some here want to actually discuss racing without your incessant klogging, and we will continue to hold you to account when you klog.

You don't get to shut down criticism of your klogging.
Furiosa and synn like this.

Last edited by RCV600RR; June 12th, 2018 at 07:47 AM.
RCV600RR is offline  
June 12th, 2018, 07:49 AM   #425
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,460
Likes: 436

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by J4rn0 View Post
I managed only now to read it, and I think good old Mat must have been drinking a few beers before writing that article. Or maybe hes' trying to please also Lorenzo's fans, for a change.

It's difficult to agree with what he says. The Honda is a short, nervous, powerful bike that cannot be ridden like a good old 250 (which is the way Lorenzo still loves to ride). Mat compares Lorenzo to Pedrosa, but Pedro rides his own clean kind of point-and-shoot style, and saves tires mostly thanks to his low weight. We have seen that Lorenzo, if he cannot ride his way, uses tires up even faster than others. So, will he win on the Honda? Very unlikely, unless HRC build a Yamhonda just for him.

Will they? Adding a thought to whatever I have already said on this subject, it is even possible that Lorenzo himself, while not believing even for a second he can match Marquez' performance next year, is actually planning for the future. He'll be learning, and probably asking Honda for a custom frame; then, when MM's and JL's contracts both expire at the end 2020, hopefully Marquez will finally go to KTM or Ducati looking for his 'next challenge'. Then Lorenzo could remain as the main HRC rider, if things begin look promising there, or happily return to de-Rossified Yamaha.
Good post.

This is a tough call.

On one hand, I think Jorge will naturally ride the Honda better than Dani. I keep thinking - it's a Repsol Honda, how bad can it be?

Then, I look at Rabat. I look at Miller. When they jumped off the Honda, and jumped on the Ducatis, they were immediately much more competitive. Was it because they had satellite Hondas? We just don't know.

We will know soon.
payne by name and McZee like this.

Last edited by RCV600RR; June 12th, 2018 at 07:54 AM.
RCV600RR is offline  
June 12th, 2018, 08:00 AM   #426
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,417
Likes: 1365

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSLotus View Post
Truth for you is accusing new members of being long gone members with no proof whatsoever.
There were myriad parallels. Easy mistake to make. I saw my error and copped to it ages ago. I said in no uncertain terms I was wrong.

Meanwhile - apparently your rule of thumb is that being a member of the mean girls club means never having to say you’re sorry.
Keshav is offline  
June 12th, 2018, 08:04 AM   #427
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,417
Likes: 1365

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
The board is sick and tired of your klogging, Kancer. You've ruined all the threads. Some here want to actually discuss racing without your incessant klogging, and we will continue to hold you to account when you klog.

You don't get to shut down criticism of your klogging.
And you don’t get to shut down my counter criticism. And BTW who the fuck appointed you spokesman for Powerslide?

Last edited by Keshav; June 12th, 2018 at 08:12 AM.
Keshav is offline  
June 12th, 2018, 08:06 AM   #428
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,732
Likes: 699

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Klog klog klog.
RCV600RR and JPSLotus like this.
synn is offline  
June 12th, 2018, 08:36 AM   #429
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,531
Likes: 2082

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by J4rn0 View Post
I managed only now to read it, and I think good old Mat must have been drinking a few beers before writing that article. Or maybe hes' trying to please also Lorenzo's fans, for a change.

It's difficult to agree with what he says. The Honda is a short, nervous, powerful bike that cannot be ridden like a good old 250 (which is the way Lorenzo still loves to ride). Mat compares Lorenzo to Pedrosa, but Pedro rides his own clean kind of point-and-shoot style, and saves tires mostly thanks to his low weight. We have seen that Lorenzo, if he cannot ride his way, uses tires up even faster than others. So, will he win on the Honda? Very unlikely, unless HRC build a Yamhonda just for him.

Will they? Adding a thought to whatever I have already said on this subject, it is even possible that Lorenzo himself, while not believing even for a second he can match Marquez' performance next year, is actually planning for the future. He'll be learning, and probably asking Honda for a custom frame; then, when MM's and JL's contracts both expire at the end 2020, hopefully Marquez will finally go to KTM or Ducati looking for his 'next challenge'. Then Lorenzo could remain as the main HRC rider, if things begin look promising there, or happily return to de-Rossified Yamaha.
The few beers call may well be accurate, as I recall he had his timelines with ex- riders mixed up.

The thing could be three fold. It keeps Lorenzo off a Yamaha, which HRC may see as worthwhile in itself, and particularly with Puig running the show I wouldn’t dismiss that as a motive. They may not be happy with having a bike only the prodigious MM can ride, for a number of reasons, including it reflecting more credit on him than their bike, and riders and even satellite teams not being keen on riding/leasing/whatever their bike. They may see Lorenzo as an MM replacement if he seeks his manifest destiny elsewhere eventually which like you and many others I think he will eventually do, although Jorge is no spring chicken now.

If they really want to build a cornerspeed bike they probably can, and while I take your opinion seriously as far as riding styles are concerned if Puig thinks he can ride a Honda he has a rather strong record as far as rider talent identification goes, and Dani’s and Jorge’s original styles were developed in the 250 class, with both obviously being great 250 riders.
RCV600RR and McZee like this.
michaelm is offline  
June 12th, 2018, 10:11 AM   #430
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: UK

Posts: 377
Likes: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
The few beers call may well be accurate, as I recall he had his timelines with ex- riders mixed up.

The thing could be three fold. It keeps Lorenzo off a Yamaha, which HRC may see as worthwhile in itself, and particularly with Puig running the show I wouldn’t dismiss that as a motive. They may not be happy with having a bike only the prodigious MM can ride, for a number of reasons, including it reflecting more credit on him than their bike, and riders and even satellite teams not being keen on riding/leasing/whatever their bike. They may see Lorenzo as an MM replacement if he seeks his manifest destiny elsewhere eventually which like you and many others I think he will eventually do, although Jorge is no spring chicken now.

If they really want to build a cornerspeed bike they probably can, and while I take your opinion seriously as far as riding styles are concerned if Puig thinks he can ride a Honda he has a rather strong record as far as rider talent identification goes, and Dani’s and Jorge’s original styles were developed in the 250 class, with both obviously being great 250 riders.
That's a good shout. Marc has to win on another manufacturer if he truly wants a legacy. As has been said, without Marc, honda need a machine that normal people, without pure speed-force for dna, can be successful on. If that is the case, then Horhay is your man.
McZee is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
hrc, lorenzo, sign



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you were Herve, who would you sign? MdubSTYLIE MotoGP 51 September 20th, 2010 02:11 PM
lorenzo sign 1 year deal @yamaha cygnus88 MotoGP 116 September 3rd, 2009 09:20 AM
Who would you sign? Eagle088 MotoGP 86 January 3rd, 2007 06:09 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.