MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree49Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
June 5th, 2018, 08:30 AM   #51
Senior Member
 
WVMotoGP99's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2015
From: Hurricane, WV

Posts: 811
Likes: 334

I Ride: 2008 Yamaha FZ6 & 2004 Fatboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
I'd probably beat up anyone that'd do that to me, but I don't have a road bike so we good


I had a buddy with a dyna that the key is on the left side of triple tree. I actually turn the his bike off, took out the key and road off with it... Yeah.. dick move.. I know...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WVMotoGP99 is offline  
 
June 5th, 2018, 08:48 AM   #52
Senior Member
 
Joined: Aug 2015
From: Fremantle, Australia

Posts: 1,452
Likes: 548

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Honda just locked up the championship for the next few years.

Not only does Honda have the best rider in Marc, they have the most shrewd and savvy approach.

If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
Definitely agree if you look at the grid the way it stand and the challengers to the title.
Zarco - KTM so no chance
Dovi - Ducati lose their wings next year and this could effect them far more than anyone else. All of their riders are running serious aero to get feeling from the front.
Rossi - Isn't fast enough anymore.
Vinales - runs too hot and cold. Needs everything to line up perfectly and he isn't getting on with his crew or factory.

Which leaves Lorenzo who's now at HRC and while it's possible because he is brilliant, it's doubtful that he beats Marquez on the Honda. It is likely he makes the Honda easier to ride though.

So Honda and Marauez champions until at least 2020? Likely scenario.
RCV600RR likes this.
p4p1 is offline  
June 5th, 2018, 09:36 AM   #53
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,232
Likes: 354

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
Definitely agree if you look at the grid the way it stand and the challengers to the title.
Zarco - KTM so no chance
Dovi - Ducati lose their wings next year and this could effect them far more than anyone else. All of their riders are running serious aero to get feeling from the front.
Rossi - Isn't fast enough anymore.
Vinales - runs too hot and cold. Needs everything to line up perfectly and he isn't getting on with his crew or factory.

Which leaves Lorenzo who's now at HRC and while it's possible because he is brilliant, it's doubtful that he beats Marquez on the Honda. It is likely he makes the Honda easier to ride though.

So Honda and Marauez champions until at least 2020? Likely scenario.
If Yamaha make a good M1, and MM is injured, I think Rossi and Dovi would win the title.

Mav seems to be in a downward psychological spiral.
RCV600RR is offline  
June 5th, 2018, 09:45 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
Hollywood's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2013
From: USA

Posts: 453
Likes: 144

Ducati is not the only team that is running an aero package, just look at the aero on the Honda. with the power these bikes are making now the engineers are going to have to come up with some way to keep them on the ground.
Attached Thumbnails
HRC officially lets Pedbot go - Who is next at Repsol?-screen-shot-2018-06-05-12.41.51-pm.jpg  
Hollywood is offline  
June 5th, 2018, 09:49 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
Jumkie's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2006
From: Your Mom's House

Posts: 24,724
Likes: 3972

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
If Yamaha make a good M1, and MM is injured, I think Rossi and Dovi would win the title.

Mav seems to be in a downward psychological spiral.
Honda just signed an insurance policy for a potential Marc injury.

Also consider if Jlo makes the RCV more users friendly, it mitigates the risk of Marc injury. Win win win. Honda coup d'etat 2018 and beyond.

I know we disagree on this point, but I think Viņalez was screwed last year when he looked good. Since then tires then development went away from him and decidedly towards Rossi.


If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
RCV600RR likes this.

Last edited by Jumkie; June 5th, 2018 at 09:53 AM.
Jumkie is offline  
June 5th, 2018, 09:51 AM   #56
Senior Member
 
WVMotoGP99's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2015
From: Hurricane, WV

Posts: 811
Likes: 334

I Ride: 2008 Yamaha FZ6 & 2004 Fatboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
If Yamaha make a good M1, and MM is injured, I think Rossi and Dovi would win the title.



Mav seems to be in a downward psychological spiral.


If by downward spiral you mean winning champs, I agree...




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WVMotoGP99 is offline  
June 5th, 2018, 09:55 AM   #57
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,232
Likes: 354

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumkie View Post
Honda just signed an insurance policy for a potential Marc injury.

I know we disagree on this point, but I think Viņalez was screwed last year when he looked good. Since then tires then development went away from him and decidedly towards Rossi.


If you live in a glass house don't throw rocks.
It wasn't right to withdraw those tyres. The newer tyres should've been added as an option.

With that being said, Mav is way too sensitive to tyre choice. Marc is really competitive on any tyre combination. To beat MM, he needs to be more versatile.

It's ultimately the rider's job to adapt to changing variables - even if the variables aren't your ideal/preferred set.
danski and synn like this.
RCV600RR is offline  
June 5th, 2018, 10:36 AM   #58
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,343
Likes: 554

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCV600RR View Post
It wasn't right to withdraw those tyres. The newer tyres should've been added as an option.

With that being said, Mav is way too sensitive to tyre choice. Marc is really competitive on any tyre combination. To beat MM, he needs to be more versatile.

It's ultimately the rider's job to adapt to changing variables - even if the variables aren't your ideal/preferred set.
I can think of someone who won on 500s, 990s, 800s, 1000s, Michelins, Bridgestones, SNS, non SNS, spec tyres, from the front, the back, different manufacturers, the best bike on the grid, not the best bike on the grid...

Lady Maverick doth Protest too much.
synn is offline  
June 5th, 2018, 10:59 AM   #59
Senior Member
 
Joined: Oct 2007
From: Australia

Posts: 1,232
Likes: 354

I Ride: R6
Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
I can think of someone who won on 500s, 990s, 800s, 1000s, Michelins, Bridgestones, SNS, non SNS, spec tyres, from the front, the back, different manufacturers, the best bike on the grid, not the best bike on the grid...

Lady Maverick doth Protest too much.
125cc on Dunlops, 250cc on Dunlops, etc.
synn likes this.
RCV600RR is offline  
June 5th, 2018, 11:34 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
evo9's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
From: USA

Posts: 711
Likes: 132

Quote:
Originally Posted by p4p1 View Post
Remember when the Rossi fans were saying that Marquez vetoed Lorenzo.... Whoops.
those fans are the scum of the earth!!!
Holypuck likes this.
evo9 is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
hrc, officially, pedbot, repsol



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lets F##K-UP the AMA! xx CURVE xx Motorsports 42 June 27th, 2008 02:25 PM
LETS SEE THAT AGAIN! xx CURVE xx MotoGP 18 October 26th, 2006 09:51 PM
OFFICIALLY FAMOUS RallyeRon MotoGP 9 January 21st, 2006 02:40 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.