MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree21Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
June 4th, 2018, 06:52 PM   #61
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,587
Likes: 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by robains View Post
Ah welcome to the internet, how to take what was NOT said and turn it into something completely different ... so by your OWN logic, since Rossi has 9 titles and Marquez only 4, they should be covering Rossi 24/7?

The facts - Marquez crashed and there was a good battle going on for 1-6 position, but we get to see Marquez hobble around in 17th because he won 4 championships? Why? Does anyone care about someone that crashed and in last place? Marquez has a very small fan following but I guess with all that Yellow smoke around the circuit it would be hard to find any Marquez fans in Italy. Hell, even in the many Spain races, there is still more Yellow fan following.

I see you've avoided the other questions?

Zarco has more talent the Marquez ... but given Vinales can't make the Yamaha work in hot weather, Zarco can't make it work in hot weather and Rossi managed to somehow come out 3rd in a "Ducati" track under high heat is pretty impressive ... doing it at 39 years old (a full 14 years older than Marquez), and being 6 ft tall (a big handicap for MotoGP, especially top speed) and Marquez tiny at 5'5", Rossi being 148 lbs and Marquez 130 lbs so Marquez has 18 lb advantage (heck 18 lbs reward weight in my race car made a significant difference in lap times towards end of my races and that's 1700 lb race car) ... yeah I'd say that's A LOT more impressive than Marquez crashing out.

But, point being I wanted to watch the battle for 1 thru 6 because it was close until Jorge established a good gap then it was a battle for 2-6. Don't care how many championships anyone has, I want to watch those racing for position, not Marquez's ass in 17th.
Calling straw man on me while perpetrating a straw man yourself?. Nice.

If Rossi has 9 then Márquez has 6, and if MM has 4 then Rossi has 7, in both cases MM has 1 more than Rossi at the same age of 25. My point was currency, not total titles won, but as even you seem to have picked up MM is 25, not 39, and has a fair shot at getting to 9/7 or better, which is rather the problem both for Rossi and his fans such as you.

As far as size and age are concerned, it is Rossi’s choice to be riding at his size and age, and other sports are and were open to him. There has never been a rule in gp bike racing history whereby riders receive extra points for being older or heavier. Very few would suggest he is not riding very well for a 39 year old in any case, and I am not among those who do.

The TV coverage properly focused on the leading riders for the second half of the race. MM is not down the field enough to draw firm conclusions about how much the TV coverage focuses on him when he is down there, but there is a large sample size in regard to Rossi in the same situation and he is often followed and discussed more than riders ahead of him in that circumstance. MM’s attempted save was spectacular as is his wont where saves are concerned, and he also has quite some history of gaining places by spectacular riding when he finds himself down the field.

Whatever you think of this forum in general, and like Rossi in MotoGP it is your choice to participate, your posts have been almost exclusively attacks on MM, by any standard a great rider himself, so you are in no moral or logical position to complain about attitudes to Rossi imo.

Last edited by michaelm; June 4th, 2018 at 06:57 PM.
michaelm is offline  
 
June 4th, 2018, 07:42 PM   #62
Senior Member
 
povol's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2007
From: Tennessee

Posts: 10,453
Likes: 1629

Quote:
Originally Posted by robains View Post
Ah welcome to the internet, how to take what was NOT said and turn it into something completely different ... so by your OWN logic, since Rossi has 9 titles and Marquez only 4, they should be covering Rossi 24/7?

The facts - Marquez crashed and there was a good battle going on for 1-6 position, but we get to see Marquez hobble around in 17th because he won 4 championships? Why? Does anyone care about someone that crashed and in last place? Marquez has a very small fan following but I guess with all that Yellow smoke around the circuit it would be hard to find any Marquez fans in Italy. Hell, even in the many Spain races, there is still more Yellow fan following.

I see you've avoided the other questions?

Zarco has more talent the Marquez ... but given Vinales can't make the Yamaha work in hot weather, Zarco can't make it work in hot weather and Rossi managed to somehow come out 3rd in a "Ducati" track under high heat is pretty impressive ... doing it at 39 years old (a full 14 years older than Marquez), and being 6 ft tall (a big handicap for MotoGP, especially top speed) and Marquez tiny at 5'5", Rossi being 148 lbs and Marquez 130 lbs so Marquez has 18 lb advantage (heck 18 lbs reward weight in my race car made a significant difference in lap times towards end of my races and that's 1700 lb race car) ... yeah I'd say that's A LOT more impressive than Marquez crashing out.

But, point being I wanted to watch the battle for 1 thru 6 because it was close until Jorge established a good gap then it was a battle for 2-6. Don't care how many championships anyone has, I want to watch those racing for position, not Marquez's ass in 17th.
WTF, is there like a Rossi excuse handbook being distributed to fan boy members. Face it dude, Rossi is old news, happens in all sports. He hasnt won a title in 9 years, how fucking long can you hang on. Just be happy that your idol is one of the all time greats and is credited for bringing GP to be a mainstream sport. He will be around for decades as an owner , something else you can wallow in but goddamn man, this is some of the most pitiful, desperate shit I have seen. It’s like an aging beauty queen syndrome but weirder because you are just some fanatic who’s life is consumed with defending some dudes virtues who wouldn’t take the time to piss in your ear if your brain was on fire.
povol is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 08:20 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,756
Likes: 713

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Like moths to the flame they come
And this time I didn’t even do anything.
synn is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 08:24 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,587
Likes: 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
Like moths to the flame they come
And this time I didn’t even do anything.
Yes, this guy argues even more weakly than you do.

His logical fallacies do differ from yours, so I guess there is that.
michaelm is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 09:04 PM   #65
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,756
Likes: 713

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
Yes, this guy argues even more weakly than you do.

His logical fallacies do differ from yours, so I guess there is that.
The end result in both cases is that you bleed from your mangina.
synn is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 09:27 PM   #66
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,587
Likes: 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
The end result in both cases is that you bleed from your mangina.
You are the guys so cut up by criticism of Rossi on this small corner of the Internet despite him being so widely venerated elsewhere that you felt the need to join the forum. Disproportionate criticism of Rossi in comparison with his rivals has hardly been a defining characteristic of the last 2 decades of GP bike racing.
michaelm is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 09:39 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,756
Likes: 713

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
You are the guys so cut up by criticism of Rossi on this small corner of the Internet despite him being so widely venerated elsewhere that you felt the need to join the forum. Disproportionate criticism of Rossi in comparison with his rivals has hardly been a defining characteristic of the last 2 decades of GP bike racing.
You really ought to put a rag on it, you know...
synn is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 10:29 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,587
Likes: 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
You really ought to put a rag on it, you know...
As I said, I am not the one who has to immediately resort to argumentum ad hominem in most of his posts, and merely continue to argue a point of view I have consistently argued on this forum for a decade or more, modified by events as they occur, and feel no need to join other forums to preach against heresy, as opposed to you who has felt the need to join this forum and to preach against what you seem to view as heretical notions expressed by a number of posters on here.
michaelm is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 10:44 PM   #69
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,756
Likes: 713

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
As I said, I am not the one who has to immediately resort to argumentum ad hominem in most of his posts, and merely continue to argue a point of view I have consistently argued on this forum for a decade or more, modified by events as they occur, and feel no need to join other forums to preach against heresy, as opposed to you who has felt the need to join this forum and to preach against what you seem to view as heretical notions expressed by a number of posters on here.
A decade long period sounds very uncomfortable.
synn is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 10:55 PM   #70
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,587
Likes: 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
A decade long period sounds very uncomfortable.
Being devoid of any capacity to argue cogently must be depressing if you have chosen this as a hobby.
michaelm is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
announcers, crashes, fest, love, marquez, motogp



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More than 1000 crashes in the 2016 MotoGP season shaunna MotoGP 14 December 1st, 2016 02:52 PM
Most Crashes in MotoGP? The California Kid MotoGP 86 May 15th, 2012 10:52 PM
A collection of MotoGP crashes Dazza MotoGP 1 June 22nd, 2006 02:28 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.