MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree21Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
June 4th, 2018, 06:13 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
Keshav's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
From: Nu Yawk City

Posts: 9,449
Likes: 1378

I Ride: DRZ400sm and KTM SXF450sm
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelm View Post
What, followers of an Italian marque which has made beautiful bikes for many decades, including an essentially artisanally produced bike which was the product of an Italian engineer of particular genius on which Casey Stoner spanked Ronald Mc Donald, after which said clown thought it would be easy for him to do the same, but then couldn’t ride the thing without trainer wheels himself?.

You need artistry and a soul to ride a Ducati, not clown feet and every advantage in the world.
Whatever wine you're drinking tonight; I'll have a case of that.
Keshav is offline  
 
June 4th, 2018, 06:20 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,587
Likes: 2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
And if it’s a 15 year old one, you get to visit every mechanic from point A to Point B!
Still love the bikes, and have fond memories of the girlfriend decades ago who rode one.

Presiozi and Ducati Corse coming up with a bike on which someone could win a title against the established might of much bigger concerns like Honda and Yamaha is still remarkable, whoever was riding the bike, akin to Leicester winning the premier league imo.

Last edited by michaelm; June 4th, 2018 at 06:39 AM.
michaelm is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 06:30 AM   #33
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,756
Likes: 713

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Lol, the Ducatisti are exactly everything you hate about Rossi fans.
Only buy branded merchandise, from their underwear to the Dainese jacket that costs 60% more because of the embossed logo, spares no opportunity to educate others about how superior Ducatis are... how every problem is just “Character”, shows up in large rabid groups, have irrational hatred for other brands etc.

Actually, not much different than Harley owners, except Ducatis do go around corners.
synn is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 06:37 AM   #34
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Italy

Posts: 508
Likes: 419

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
Lol, the Ducatisti are exactly everything you hate about Rossi fans.
Only buy branded merchandise, from their underwear to the Dainese jacket that costs 60% more because of the embossed logo, spares no opportunity to educate others about how superior Ducatis are... how every problem is just “Character”, shows up in large rabid groups, have irrational hatred for other brands etc.

Actually, not much different than Harley owners, except Ducatis do go around corners.


The REAL Ducatisti always dress Alpinestars....
Holypuck is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 06:42 AM   #35
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,756
Likes: 713

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
The REAL Ducatisti always dress Alpinestars....
Also, overpriced as long as the logo is on. The point still stands.
Anyway, Ducati’s in store merchandise is OEM’d by Dainese.
synn is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 07:11 AM   #36
Junior Member
 
RossiSucchia's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: UK

Posts: 26
Likes: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by McZee View Post
I am not a Vale fan, but you have to put it into context, mate.
Whether you like him or not, he is very popular, like McDonalds, you might not like it, but there's no denying that it's popular place to eat. So when you have Vale getting pole in his back yard, it must have been impossible to commentate and not be swept up in the moment by tens of thousands of screaming fans.

As for Marc, I agree, if he had ridden for the championship and not the race, like he has recently learnt to do, then he could have got 5th or 6th, a shame really, but he still has a solid(ish) lead in the title race.
I disagree with your analogy - Sure people like McDonalds and there are people that don't, however if McDonalds started serving shite then people would soon stop going. Rossi has been serving shite for a few years now and had gotten bitter and twisted about losing out to MMM. If he was a sportsman about it then people would have a lot more respect for him, sadly he is not and genuinely thinks everyone should let him win purely out of respect! It just doesn't wash with me... or a lot of other normal people.

I genuinely used to like watching Rossi, but he's just turned into a giant asshole and it is doing nothing for Motogp.



.

Last edited by RossiSucchia; June 4th, 2018 at 07:18 AM.
RossiSucchia is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 07:19 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: UK

Posts: 377
Likes: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossiSucchia View Post
I disagree with your analogy - Sure people like McDonalds and there are people that don't, however if McDonalds started serving shite then people would soon stop going. Rossi has been serving shite for a few years now and had gotten bitter and twisted about losing out to MMM. If he was a sportsman about it then people would have a lot more respect for him, sadly he is not and genuinely thinks everyone should let him win purely out of respect! It just doesn't wash with me... or a lot of other normal people.
Ha ha, no worries. My only point was to try and demonstrate that Vale is popular whether you or I or the man in the moon don't like him, he's still popular. If you try to extend the analogy beyond that then it falls over.
I've made no secret of my allegiances to Marc on here, so it wasn't a defense of Vale, just being objective and stating facts.
Holypuck likes this.
McZee is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 07:25 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: UK

Posts: 377
Likes: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
And if it’s a 15 year old one, you get to visit every mechanic from point A to Point B!
I got a 748SP in '95, I was only a corporal in the Army at the time, saved up my money and, after a 6 month tour in Bosnia, spent every penny I had (£11500(which was a lot of money back then)) on it. It was my sole (or soul for that matter) method of transport, single seat, straight through Termignonis and a suicide stand. I went everywhere on it and the only trouble I ever had was it would cut out at the lights, but would always re-start first time of asking.
I still believe to this day that it was the only thing that every made me more attractive to women.....
paparazzo likes this.

Last edited by McZee; June 4th, 2018 at 10:28 AM.
McZee is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 07:31 AM   #39
Junior Member
 
RossiSucchia's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: UK

Posts: 26
Likes: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by McZee View Post
Ha ha, no worries. My only point was to try and demonstrate that Vale is popular whether you or I or the man in the moon don't like him, he's still popular. If you try to extend the analogy beyond that then it falls over.
I've made no secret of my allegiances to Marc on here, so it wasn't a defense of Vale, just being objective and stating facts.
No worries We agree in principle, I was just trying to get the point over of why I personally dislike Rossi (now). I do agree with your facts btw




.
RossiSucchia is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 08:29 AM   #40
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Italy

Posts: 508
Likes: 419

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by synn View Post
Also, overpriced as long as the logo is on. The point still stands.
Anyway, Ducati’s in store merchandise is OEM’d by Dainese.

Anyone who rides road bikes and wears a leather that is not Alpinestars nor Dainese...shouldn't ride road bikes
Holypuck is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
announcers, crashes, fest, love, marquez, motogp



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
More than 1000 crashes in the 2016 MotoGP season shaunna MotoGP 14 December 1st, 2016 02:52 PM
Most Crashes in MotoGP? The California Kid MotoGP 86 May 15th, 2012 10:52 PM
A collection of MotoGP crashes Dazza MotoGP 1 June 22nd, 2006 02:28 PM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.