MotoGP Forum  

Go Back   MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

MotoGP MotoGP Forum - MotoGP Class Motorcycle Racing Forum


Like Tree87Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
June 3rd, 2018, 10:53 PM   #51
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: UK

Posts: 377
Likes: 209

100% Happy for Horhay, I am just wondering now, has the penny finally dropped for him and how will he run at Austria and Sepang?
There was talk that the extended tank allows him to rest more and not tire his arms out as much. I don't know how much that holds up?

Last edited by McZee; June 3rd, 2018 at 11:02 PM.
McZee is offline  
 
June 3rd, 2018, 11:36 PM   #52
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,464
Likes: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by McZee View Post
100% Happy for Horhay, I am just wondering now, has the penny finally dropped for him and how will he run at Austria and Sepang?
There was talk that the extended tank allows him to rest more and not tire his arms out as much. I don't know how much that holds up?
He seems to think the seat change is critical, so I am prepared to believe him until there is alternative evidence.

To me making the tires last the whole race which he hasn't been able to do on the Ducati previously was a really big thing. He appeared to have more tire left at the end than others who made the same tire choice such as Dovi and the Suzuki riders. As MDub says the circuit suits his style and we need to see how he goes on circuits requiring more in the way of hard braking, but he was 8th, 14 seconds behind Dovi, at Mugello last year so something has very definitely changed. (EDIT his top speed being 10 kph or more down on Dovi's and I think Petrucci's suggests he is doing something different set up wise than them as well).

Last edited by michaelm; June 3rd, 2018 at 11:40 PM.
michaelm is offline  
June 3rd, 2018, 11:39 PM   #53
Member
 
Joined: Mar 2018
From: swiss

Posts: 55
Likes: 8

wasnt the asymetric tyre very important for him too ?
darkkakashi is offline  
June 3rd, 2018, 11:43 PM   #54
Senior Member
 
Joined: May 2007
From: sydney australia

Posts: 10,464
Likes: 2044

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkakashi View Post
wasnt the asymetric tyre very important for him too ?
Perhaps so, he has always been a guy able to get the most out of a tire which suits him, but also fairly dependent on having such a tire.
michaelm is offline  
June 3rd, 2018, 11:54 PM   #55
Senior Member
 
Joined: Nov 2017
From: Earth

Posts: 1,673
Likes: 683

I Ride: Your mom on most days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkakashi View Post
wasnt the asymetric tyre very important for him too ?
Everyone who used the asymmetric tyre yesterday said it was shit.
I am not the one to pile on Michelin usually, but this time they seem to have earned the criticism.
synn is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 12:45 AM   #56
Gaz
Senior Member
 
Joined: Jul 2007
From: Dubvegas, or thereabouts

Posts: 5,651
Likes: 2039

Thanks Jorge, and congratulations

Now to go claiming on the bets that he would get wins on that machine

First bet I have already been paid by one ($100), a second has already been in touch to organise payment

Now, if he gets the 2nd there is more to come.


Also, big congrats to Libby who has stuck with Jorge through thick and thin (as has MikeM).

Hope you are all feeling a bit better knowing that Jorge just gave a very big Fuck You to a number of people and doubters
libby likes this.
Gaz is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 01:13 AM   #57
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Northern Italy

Posts: 449
Likes: 382

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
I'm reallly bummed he'll leave Ducati......
Holypuck is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 01:17 AM   #58
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: UK

Posts: 377
Likes: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
I'm reallly bummed he'll leave Ducati......
Maybe pump the depressed brakes for a bit, mate. Wait and see how the next few races go. If he's turned a corner on more 'reliable' bases then I think we will all be a bit down as to 'what might have been.'
McZee is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 02:06 AM   #59
Senior Member
 
Holypuck's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2018
From: Northern Italy

Posts: 449
Likes: 382

I Ride: Honda CRF250 (modified for Dirt Track)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McZee View Post
Maybe pump the depressed brakes for a bit, mate. Wait and see how the next few races go. If he's turned a corner on more 'reliable' bases then I think we will all be a bit down as to 'what might have been.'

Ahahaha thanks bro but I ain't too depressed. I just think it would be nice to see him on the Duc for at least another year (2019), to see if he'll be able to turn around his Ducati "outcome". A 1 year contract for 2019 with an option for 2020 would be cool IMHO.

I don't know how the whole thing appeared on non-Italian medias, but from the perspective I got to look at things, the situation seems really tense between him and the team, it's clear from everyone's words.

I don't like the idea of him leaving when things finally turn good, as I am absolutely convinced this victory won't be an isolated case and as I'm also convinced that a factory Ducati team composed by Dovi and Petrucci can't aim to a World Title.

I'm a huge Dovi fan and I like Petrucci a lot more than I like Lorenzo, it's also fair to admit that I would prefer an Italian rider to win on an Italian bike, but this is how I see it.
michaelm, Furiosa and McZee like this.

Last edited by Holypuck; June 4th, 2018 at 02:10 AM.
Holypuck is offline  
June 4th, 2018, 03:33 AM   #60
Senior Member
 
Joined: Apr 2018
From: UK

Posts: 377
Likes: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holypuck View Post
Ahahaha thanks bro but I ain't too depressed. I just think it would be nice to see him on the Duc for at least another year (2019), to see if he'll be able to turn around his Ducati "outcome". A 1 year contract for 2019 with an option for 2020 would be cool IMHO.

I don't know how the whole thing appeared on non-Italian medias, but from the perspective I got to look at things, the situation seems really tense between him and the team, it's clear from everyone's words.

I don't like the idea of him leaving when things finally turn good, as I am absolutely convinced this victory won't be an isolated case and as I'm also convinced that a factory Ducati team composed by Dovi and Petrucci can't aim to a World Title.

I'm a huge Dovi fan and I like Petrucci a lot more than I like Lorenzo, it's also fair to admit that I would prefer an Italian rider to win on an Italian bike, but this is how I see it.
Dovi is still in with a shout for this years title though, it's far from out of his reach.
McZee is offline  
Reply

  MotoGP Forum > MotoGP Forum > MotoGP

Tags
jorge, mugello, wins



Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My Jorge libby MotoGP 141 June 2nd, 2018 06:52 AM
Jorge Lorenzo documentary - "JORGE" Nuts MotoGP 8 July 28th, 2011 06:25 PM
Jorge's Documentary "Jorge" ROCKGOD01 MotoGP 41 December 21st, 2010 01:28 AM
USA Wins DesNations L8Braker Motorsports 4 September 28th, 2010 05:30 AM
race wins rossi 46 winner MotoGP 2 June 16th, 2005 04:58 AM


Facebook Twitter Google+ RSS Feed



Copyright © 2005-2018 Powerslide. All rights reserved.
MotoGP Forum is a MotoGP enthusiast's forum, but it is in no way affiliated with, nor does it represent MotoGP or Dorna Sports, S.L. of Madrid, Spain.